Photo

Help with bowels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#21 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:16 PM

no no, it helped me....
and it made me throw up
I hate throwing up and no way I'm taking it again

#22 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:23 PM

You don't take castor oil internally, you use castor oil packs. Perhaps you don't understand what we are talking about. AC....you are supposed to do castor oil packs three nights in a row, for at least 3-4 weeks straight. You should be eating plenty of fiber as well as drinking plenty of water.

#23 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:27 PM

Castor Oil Packs

One of the most useful and least utilized methods of using castor oil is to employ packs. Packs are an economical and efficient method of absorbing the ricinoleic acid and other healing components of castor oil directly into body tissues. (The following basic procedure was outlined in several of the readings of Edgar Cayce.)

To make a castor oil pack you will need the following items: cold pressed castor oil, a standard heating pad, a plastic garbage bag, two or three one-foot square pieces of wool or cotton flannel and one large bath towel.

1. Start by placing the heating pad on a flat surface and turn the setting to high.

2. On top of the pad lay the plastic garbage bag. Next, soak the flannel pieces with castor oil generally about 1/2 cup) and lay them on top of the garbage bag and heating pad.

3. The entire pack can now be placed against the body with the oil-soaked flannel on the skin. For general conditions the pack should be placed on the abdomen. (For treating lower back problems, the pack can be placed there.) To help hold the pack in place and to keep oil from getting on bedding, etc., the body can be wrapped in a large bath towel.

4. The pack should remain in place for at least one hour and the temperature of the heating pad should be kept at the highest temperature tolerable to the patient.

5. When you remove the pack, the remaining oil can be massaged into the skin or cleaned off using a little soda water made from 1 quart of warm water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.

6. The flannel can be reused if stored properly after removing the pack. Put the flannel in either a plastic bag or zip-loc container and place it in the refrigerator. Before using it next time let it warm up and always add another 1 or 2 tablespoons of fresh cold pressed castor oil. (After a month of use I would recommend using new flannel.)

Conditions Responding to Castor Oil Packs

Due to the many effects of its fatty acid component, ricinoleic acid, the use of castor oil can be used topically to treat a wide variety of health complaints.

Lymphatic Congestion

Obviously, conditions known to be related to poor drainage of the lymphatic system will tend to benefit from this type of therapy. These would include complaints such as:

1. chronic fluid retention with swollen joints and pain
2. arthritis
3. upper respiratory infections involving the sinuses,
tonsils and inner ear
4. colon problems like Crohn's disease or colitis
5. gallbladder disease
6. boils
7. liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, enlargement or congestion
8. menstrual-related congestion
9. appendicitis
10. hyperactivity
11. constipation, bowel impaction or adhesions
12. swollen lymph nodes
13. bladder and vaginal infections

#24 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:46 PM

Denise, I was talking about milk of magnesia, DOH!

#25 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:01 PM

the best thing for my bowels has been to eat nothing but fruit in the morning... since doing that, i hardly ever spend more than 2 minutes on the toilet. its also important to include some physical activity during the day... lying on the couch all day wont help your bowels, nor your acne. its also important to stay well hydrated, but i think someone already said that.

#26 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:03 PM

only fruit? hm... how can that help? Can you be more specific? How big were tyour problems with going to the bathroom?

#27 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:02 PM

I usually do the same, Flip. I find it EXTREMELY helpful as well. Harvey Diamond from Fit For Life fame pushed that, and I find that it's very helpful.

Xx....sorry about the confusion!

#28 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:03 PM

well i never though of it as a problem, but i used to drop a deuce every other day. now that i eat only fruit in the morning i go every day. i usually start the day with juicy fruits like grapefruit, oranges, tangelos, or honeydew.... then i move on to apples (sometimes 4 or 5 at a sitting)... i might snack on some nuts later in the day... then sometimes i'll have protein (wild salmon or organic chicken) for dinner and then munch on some greens... im trying to mono-eat as much as i can and follow some of the food combining rules (no starch with protein).

#29 flipside

flipside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:07 PM

hey Denise, i remember my friends girlfriend telling me to eat only fruit in the morning... that was about 3 years ago but i didnt listen... then i read about it again while reading about diet tips online... so i tried it out and have been lovin it ever since.

#30 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:34 PM

Yeah, I sometimes make a smoothie or have an apple during my 11 o'clock break. I work in corporate customer service for Overnite Transportation and am on the phones all the time. I work from 9-2 and I usually am not hungry in the morning, but drink tea, and then eat an apple and/or a pear during my break. This morning I had a strawberry and raspberry smoothie made with a small amount of almond milk.

It does help. I've been doing it for years. I know that heavy breakfasts are really pushed, but I'm never hungry in the morning; or rarely am. The fruit thing works really well for me.

#31 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

hm I might try that.

Can I have a snack at school afterwards? Like a bagel or something?