Photo

Help with bowels

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#1 AC_United

AC_United

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:24 PM

Hi, my bowels are really messed. I am thinking of getting acupuncture done. I have done many enemas so I think my bowels have become lazy.

Its just such a pain, I am young and just want to be normal. If having lazy bowels wasn't bad on its own I get breakouts if I don’t get waste out of me quick enough thus I have to use enemas.

If I could describe how I feel, what I have been going through all these years no words could do justice to it.

I know in the end we are all on our own, but I hope something can help me, I really don’t know where to turn to. There is so much a person can take, now even the tears have dried up.

#2 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(AC_United @ Jan 23 2005, 06:24 PM)
Hi, my bowels are really messed. I am thinking of getting acupuncture done. I have done many enemas so I think my bowels have become lazy.

Its just such a pain, I am young and just want to be normal. If having lazy bowels wasn't bad on its own I get breakouts if I don’t get waste out of me quick enough thus I have to use enemas.

If I could describe how I feel, what I have been going through all these years no words could do justice to it.

I know in the end we are all on our own, but I hope something can help me, I really don’t know where to turn to. There is so much a person can take, now even the tears have dried up.

View Post

Dude, I really feel for ya. I've had sluggish bowels all my life, i.e., cronic constipation which has caused some painful side-effects that I'd rather not get into. All I can say is eat healthy and start taking a little bit of milk of magnesia at night. That stuff actually IS NOT habit forming, contrary to what we hear about laxitives in general. My own doctor told me, so that stuff is ok to take forever.

Oh, and on a kind of crazy side-note, it might be related to stress too. I notice after I take a few hits off a joint, I have to take a shit almost immidiately biggrin.gif I don't know how it does it, but I think we should add "laxitive" to the list of other medicinal purposes for marijuana. cool.gif

#3 hrb007

hrb007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2005 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE(AC_United @ Jan 23 2005, 09:24 PM)

View Post

Not to sound patronizing, but do you get a lot of fiber in your diet? For me I have to go out of the way to get a lot of fiber in my diet (wayyy more than most people need) just to be close to regular.

#4 Mitzie

Mitzie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 January 2005 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE(hrb007 @ Jan 23 2005, 11:19 PM)
Not to sound patronizing, but do you get a lot of fiber in your diet? For me I have to go out of the way to get a lot of fiber in my diet (wayyy more than most people need) just to be close to regular.

View Post

Ditto... Ever since I got married I've been sneaking extra fiber into my husbands diet and he's doing better with his digestive issues.

#5 bluemoonpies

bluemoonpies

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:07 AM

I agree with the suggestion of fiber. I can never get enough fiber in my system without eating a fiber full cereal (though fruits and veggies have fiber, it's not enough for me). Try having a couple of bowls of Kellogs All Bran cereal a day (13 grams of fiber per serving.)

#6 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2005 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE(AC_United @ Jan 23 2005, 05:24 PM)
If having lazy bowels wasn't bad on its own I get breakouts if I don’t get waste out of me quick enough thus I have to use enemas.

View Post

QUOTE(adultAcne @ Jan 23 2005, 05:47 PM)
That stuff actually IS NOT habit forming, contrary to what we hear about laxitives in general.  My own doctor told me, so that stuff is ok to take forever.

View Post

QUOTE(hrb007 @ Jan 23 2005, 08:19 PM)
Not to sound patronizing, but do you get a lot of fiber in your diet?

View Post

QUOTE(Mitzie @ Jan 23 2005, 09:32 PM)
Ditto... Ever since I got married I've been sneaking extra fiber into my husbands diet and he's doing better with his digestive issues.

View Post

QUOTE(bluemoonpies @ Jan 23 2005, 10:07 PM)
I can never get enough fiber in my system without eating a fiber full cereal (though fruits and veggies have fiber, it's not enough for me).

View Post

Best and Complete Fiber intake and Colon cleansing kit y'all:
user posted image
http://www.drnatura.com
75$ for better longer healthier life? Why not? (fyi i'm no affiliate, colonix user as well, thanks to Denise2 SweetJade and the rest of this forum) biggrin.gif

#7 adultAcne

adultAcne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:21 PM

Those high fiber cereals have a side-effect that I don't feel like getting into graphic detail right now. And the psyllibin (sp?) (metamucil) products do to. That's all I'll say and they may work for you so just try them keeping in mind possible side-effects. I would suggest fiber from natural sources, like fruits and vegetables and keeping hydrated. Good luck.

#8 ballaballa

ballaballa

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:22 PM

man salad is the way to go.

#9 hrb007

hrb007

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 January 2005 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(adultAcne @ Jan 24 2005, 03:21 PM)
Those high fiber cereals have a side-effect that I don't feel like getting into graphic detail right now.  And the psyllibin (sp?) (metamucil) products do to.  That's all I'll say and they may work for you so just try them keeping in mind possible side-effects.  I would suggest fiber from natural sources, like fruits and vegetables and keeping hydrated.  Good luck.

View Post

Out of concern, what side effects from fiber cereals exist, in general? If you don't want to go into detail, no problem, I can research it further. I am having a hard time finding anything on Google so far, everything is just generic articles saying what the bad effects of not getting fiber are. Thanks in advance.

#10 mich

mich

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 25 January 2005 - 06:00 PM

Denise2,

Do you take Colonix?

#11 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 01:19 AM

I bet she is, or did. She recommended it to me, same with Lumas

#12 hammie

hammie

blacknwhite heads

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:34 AM

Drink Yakult! My cousin goes to the toilet almost immediately after them.

#13 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 07:16 AM

fibre, but with fibre you have to take more water. AT first your body has to get used to it, you might be farting a lot, and even get constipation initially.

two words.

prune juice. get a cup down you every day, you'll be pooing like there is no tomorrow

#14 Lumas

Lumas

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 10:02 AM

Although I use to reccommend Colonix and other fiber based colon cleanses, I am agaisnt them now. Whenever I use to take Colonix it would make me feel like there was pressure down in my colon during the day. After reading alot about it, many people suggest that colonix and psyllium based cleanses will cause the colon to expand. I really feel it is better to clean the colon as naturally as possible either by grinding up two tablespoons of flax seeds and mix it with a cup of water followed by another cup of water, one or two times a day. Or, I now have been reading herbal books by Dr. Christopher. He had amazing herbal formulas and although his cousin now sells his fomulas, they herbs used have changed a little bit. He has a lower bowel balance that has all natural herbs that you will not become dependent on. You can either buy them from a website or find someone who sells his original formulas, which are better.

#15 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:05 PM

what do you mean expand? but is it only natural that it does expand?

so does it oppose having a regular fiber intake for healthy diet?

I just want to know too. Thanks in advance

#16 iceboi

iceboi

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 04:51 PM

Take a small program called Dema Cleanse it's a detox program that cleanses ur body and everything@!@!

I've just started using it and i think it works really good clearing out the toxins!!

Side affects are: Nausea, Headaches, for me Diaherea uhhh i have to go to the washroom like 10 time a day no lie and it Stinks too!, but it's all good right?!

#17 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 January 2005 - 05:27 PM

I have problems with going to the batroom too. I drink cofee in the morning and that helps me, since I can't look after myself with all the school work

I know how you all feel, dealing with acne and constipation is not fun, but it's be much better to have acne and not constipation. When I don't go to bathroom, I'm extremely uncomfortable, my stomach blows and I can't wear jeans cause my stomach hurts then. When I was eating high fiber cereal it was helping great for a month and then just stopped working. I think it was because of habit. Maybe it wore off by now. I have to start doing it again.

prune juice... the whole bottle won't do anything for me anymore. My body git used to it. I eat dried prunes now and think that I'm getting used to them as well cause they don't do anything anymore.

I have a question guys - when I took milk of magnesia, I got realy sick and spent all night in the toilet.... throwing up.. Is it ok to take pills insted of that discusting liquidy stuff? I mean will ot work as well and not make me sick?

#18 AC_United

AC_United

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

Hi, I tried a little Milk of Magnesium too, seems too irritating for me, I had diaherea for like 2-3 days afterwards. Maybe you need just the right balance. Cause it did help me have bowel movements.

QUOTE(xXillusion @ Jan 26 2005, 04:27 PM)
I have problems with going to the batroom too. I drink cofee in the morning and that helps me, since I can't look after myself with all the school work

I know how you all feel, dealing with acne and constipation is not fun, but it's be much better to have acne and not constipation. When  I don't go to bathroom, I'm extremely uncomfortable, my stomach blows and I can't wear jeans cause  my stomach hurts then. When I was eating high fiber cereal it was helping great for a month and then just stopped working.  I think it was because of habit. Maybe it wore off by now. I have to start doing it again.

prune juice... the whole bottle won't do anything for me anymore. My body git used to it. I eat dried prunes now and think that I'm getting used to them as well cause they don't do anything anymore.

I have a question guys - when I took milk of magnesia, I got realy sick and spent all night in the toilet.... throwing up.. Is it ok to take pills insted of that discusting liquidy stuff? I mean will ot work as well and not make me sick?

View Post

#19 hcg

hcg

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:10 PM

Have you tried a colon cleanse? I am using one right now and it is amazing! I know several people that have also used it and they had great results as well. An enema will sometimes push waste further into your system whereas the colon cleanse will remove build-up from the day you were born to now. The colon cleanse is by Blessed Herbs. Their website is www.blessedherbs.com. This company also has other types of cleanses if you want want to remove toxins from your other organs. The colon cleanse doesn't smell and you won't have to run to the bathroom like you think you might.

#20 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:26 PM

ACUnited was trying to NOT go onto herbs to have a bowel movement. From his communications with me via p.m., I believe he's ok; the castor oil packs seemed to have helped him. They are very effective.