Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help with bowels

31 posts in this topic

Hi, my bowels are really messed. I am thinking of getting acupuncture done. I have done many enemas so I think my bowels have become lazy.

Its just such a pain, I am young and just want to be normal. If having lazy bowels wasn't bad on its own I get breakouts if I don’t get waste out of me quick enough thus I have to use enemas.

If I could describe how I feel, what I have been going through all these years no words could do justice to it.

I know in the end we are all on our own, but I hope something can help me, I really don’t know where to turn to. There is so much a person can take, now even the tears have dried up.

Only those that attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible

Hi, my bowels are really messed. I am thinking of getting acupuncture done. I have done many enemas so I think my bowels have become lazy.

Its just such a pain, I am young and just want to be normal. If having lazy bowels wasn't bad on its own I get breakouts if I don’t get waste out of me quick enough thus I have to use enemas.

If I could describe how I feel, what I have been going through all these years no words could do justice to it.

I know in the end we are all on our own, but I hope something can help me, I really don’t know where to turn to. There is so much a person can take, now even the tears have dried up.

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need improving.

To say that you need improving

is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

Not to sound patronizing, but do you get a lot of fiber in your diet? For me I have to go out of the way to get a lot of fiber in my diet (wayyy more than most people need) just to be close to regular.

I agree with the suggestion of fiber. I can never get enough fiber in my system without eating a fiber full cereal (though fruits and veggies have fiber, it's not enough for me). Try having a couple of bowls of Kellogs All Bran cereal a day (13 grams of fiber per serving.)

Those high fiber cereals have a side-effect that I don't feel like getting into graphic detail right now. And the psyllibin (sp?) (metamucil) products do to. That's all I'll say and they may work for you so just try them keeping in mind possible side-effects. I would suggest fiber from natural sources, like fruits and vegetables and keeping hydrated. Good luck.

There is nothing wrong with you.

You do not need improving.

To say that you need improving

is to say that God needs improving. ~ Osho

Those high fiber cereals have a side-effect that I don't feel like getting into graphic detail right now.  And the psyllibin (sp?) (metamucil) products do to.  That's all I'll say and they may work for you so just try them keeping in mind possible side-effects.  I would suggest fiber from natural sources, like fruits and vegetables and keeping hydrated.  Good luck.

fibre, but with fibre you have to take more water. AT first your body has to get used to it, you might be farting a lot, and even get constipation initially.

two words.

prune juice. get a cup down you every day, you'll be pooing like there is no tomorrow

Although I use to reccommend Colonix and other fiber based colon cleanses, I am agaisnt them now. Whenever I use to take Colonix it would make me feel like there was pressure down in my colon during the day. After reading alot about it, many people suggest that colonix and psyllium based cleanses will cause the colon to expand. I really feel it is better to clean the colon as naturally as possible either by grinding up two tablespoons of flax seeds and mix it with a cup of water followed by another cup of water, one or two times a day. Or, I now have been reading herbal books by Dr. Christopher. He had amazing herbal formulas and although his cousin now sells his fomulas, they herbs used have changed a little bit. He has a lower bowel balance that has all natural herbs that you will not become dependent on. You can either buy them from a website or find someone who sells his original formulas, which are better.

what do you mean expand? but is it only natural that it does expand?

so does it oppose having a regular fiber intake for healthy diet?

I just want to know too. Thanks in advance

Take a small program called Dema Cleanse it's a detox program that cleanses ur body and everything@!@!

I've just started using it and i think it works really good clearing out the toxins!!

Side affects are: Nausea, Headaches, for me Diaherea uhhh i have to go to the washroom like 10 time a day no lie and it Stinks too!, but it's all good right?!

Present Regimen:

Morning:

-Carley's Soap/Just Water

-Fruit of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

-Everyday Minerals

Nighttime:

-Carley's Soap

-Carley's Treatment Scrub

-Fruit Of The Earth Aloe Vera Gel

Bacne Treatment:St.Ives Apircot Scrub/Apircot Body Wash

Also substituting the FOTE Gel for the Forver Living Aloe First Spray sometimes.

I have problems with going to the batroom too. I drink cofee in the morning and that helps me, since I can't look after myself with all the school work

I know how you all feel, dealing with acne and constipation is not fun, but it's be much better to have acne and not constipation. When I don't go to bathroom, I'm extremely uncomfortable, my stomach blows and I can't wear jeans cause my stomach hurts then. When I was eating high fiber cereal it was helping great for a month and then just stopped working. I think it was because of habit. Maybe it wore off by now. I have to start doing it again.

prune juice... the whole bottle won't do anything for me anymore. My body git used to it. I eat dried prunes now and think that I'm getting used to them as well cause they don't do anything anymore.

I have a question guys - when I took milk of magnesia, I got realy sick and spent all night in the toilet.... throwing up.. Is it ok to take pills insted of that discusting liquidy stuff? I mean will ot work as well and not make me sick?

Hi, I tried a little Milk of Magnesium too, seems too irritating for me, I had diaherea for like 2-3 days afterwards. Maybe you need just the right balance. Cause it did help me have bowel movements.

I have problems with going to the batroom too. I drink cofee in the morning and that helps me, since I can't look after myself with all the school work

I know how you all feel, dealing with acne and constipation is not fun, but it's be much better to have acne and not constipation. When  I don't go to bathroom, I'm extremely uncomfortable, my stomach blows and I can't wear jeans cause  my stomach hurts then. When I was eating high fiber cereal it was helping great for a month and then just stopped working.  I think it was because of habit. Maybe it wore off by now. I have to start doing it again.

prune juice... the whole bottle won't do anything for me anymore. My body git used to it. I eat dried prunes now and think that I'm getting used to them as well cause they don't do anything anymore.

I have a question guys - when I took milk of magnesia, I got realy sick and spent all night in the toilet.... throwing up.. Is it ok to take pills insted of that discusting liquidy stuff? I mean will ot work as well and not make me sick?

Only those that attempt the absurd will achieve the impossible

Have you tried a colon cleanse? I am using one right now and it is amazing! I know several people that have also used it and they had great results as well. An enema will sometimes push waste further into your system whereas the colon cleanse will remove build-up from the day you were born to now. The colon cleanse is by Blessed Herbs. Their website is www.blessedherbs.com. This company also has other types of cleanses if you want want to remove toxins from your other organs. The colon cleanse doesn't smell and you won't have to run to the bathroom like you think you might.

ACUnited was trying to NOT go onto herbs to have a bowel movement. From his communications with me via p.m., I believe he's ok; the castor oil packs seemed to have helped him. They are very effective.

You don't take castor oil internally, you use castor oil packs. Perhaps you don't understand what we are talking about. AC....you are supposed to do castor oil packs three nights in a row, for at least 3-4 weeks straight. You should be eating plenty of fiber as well as drinking plenty of water.

Castor Oil Packs

One of the most useful and least utilized methods of using castor oil is to employ packs. Packs are an economical and efficient method of absorbing the ricinoleic acid and other healing components of castor oil directly into body tissues. (The following basic procedure was outlined in several of the readings of Edgar Cayce.)

To make a castor oil pack you will need the following items: cold pressed castor oil, a standard heating pad, a plastic garbage bag, two or three one-foot square pieces of wool or cotton flannel and one large bath towel.

1. Start by placing the heating pad on a flat surface and turn the setting to high.

2. On top of the pad lay the plastic garbage bag. Next, soak the flannel pieces with castor oil generally about 1/2 cup) and lay them on top of the garbage bag and heating pad.

3. The entire pack can now be placed against the body with the oil-soaked flannel on the skin. For general conditions the pack should be placed on the abdomen. (For treating lower back problems, the pack can be placed there.) To help hold the pack in place and to keep oil from getting on bedding, etc., the body can be wrapped in a large bath towel.

4. The pack should remain in place for at least one hour and the temperature of the heating pad should be kept at the highest temperature tolerable to the patient.

5. When you remove the pack, the remaining oil can be massaged into the skin or cleaned off using a little soda water made from 1 quart of warm water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda.

6. The flannel can be reused if stored properly after removing the pack. Put the flannel in either a plastic bag or zip-loc container and place it in the refrigerator. Before using it next time let it warm up and always add another 1 or 2 tablespoons of fresh cold pressed castor oil. (After a month of use I would recommend using new flannel.)

Conditions Responding to Castor Oil Packs

Due to the many effects of its fatty acid component, ricinoleic acid, the use of castor oil can be used topically to treat a wide variety of health complaints.

Lymphatic Congestion

Obviously, conditions known to be related to poor drainage of the lymphatic system will tend to benefit from this type of therapy. These would include complaints such as:

1. chronic fluid retention with swollen joints and pain

2. arthritis

3. upper respiratory infections involving the sinuses,

tonsils and inner ear

4. colon problems like Crohn's disease or colitis

5. gallbladder disease

6. boils

7. liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, enlargement or congestion

8. menstrual-related congestion

9. appendicitis

10. hyperactivity

11. constipation, bowel impaction or adhesions

12. swollen lymph nodes

13. bladder and vaginal infections

the best thing for my bowels has been to eat nothing but fruit in the morning... since doing that, i hardly ever spend more than 2 minutes on the toilet. its also important to include some physical activity during the day... lying on the couch all day wont help your bowels, nor your acne. its also important to stay well hydrated, but i think someone already said that.