Photo

Dieting / Snacking

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 scottyneedshelp

scottyneedshelp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 23
About Me

Posted 18 January 2005 - 04:41 PM

hello everyone~! got a couple of questions here ... i was wondering what whould be better to drink tap water or filtered water? and i would also like to know what do you people snack on, i'm soo hungry durning the day and i just can't snack on anything... i've been staying away from like sugars and bread and just wondering what is good to snack on? is penutbutter bad? i dont ever eat anything but veggies for a snack unless someone on here tells me its good for u

thanks scotty

#2 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2005 - 06:30 PM

I usually snack on either apples or raw seeds(sunflower mainly)

#3 scottyneedshelp

scottyneedshelp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:15 AM

i said screw it last night i had some pringles and i had PB sandwhich before i went to bed and nothing got worse

#4 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE(scottyneedshelp @ Jan 19 2005, 08:15 AM)
i said screw it last night i had some pringles and i had PB sandwhich before i went to bed and nothing got worse

View Post

Good for you, although it takes a few days for new acne to show so it might get worse a few days from now. However, if not, then cool.

#5 Laputa

Laputa

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 09:32 AM

Hmm... I use a filter because that way at least you know you've done all you can in the way of making sure what you drink is "pure".

I try to eat Apples and Pears, and sometimes Melon. Having said that though, I just went through a crazy phase of eating 5 bagels. It was the first time I'd had them in about.. three months... The first time I'd had wheat in fact.

I also try to drink a lot of green tea.

#6 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(scottyneedshelp @ Jan 18 2005, 05:41 PM)
hello everyone~! got a couple of questions here ... i was wondering what whould be better to drink tap water or filtered water? and i would also like to know what do you people snack on, i'm soo hungry durning the day and i just can't snack on anything... i've been staying away from like sugars and bread and just wondering what is good to snack on? is penutbutter bad? i dont ever eat anything but veggies for a snack unless someone on here tells me its good for u

thanks scotty

View Post

I'd have to say filtered water. That much chlorine and fluorine probably isn't too healthy on a long term basis, taste terrible, and god only knows what else in the pipes that have been there for who knows how long. In a lot of buildings I've been in, the water's tasted like rust.

I usually have an apple when I'm hungry and just want something small. I don't avoid any foods bc of acne. Mine's controlled well with topicals. However, I do avoid flour-based foods like bread and cookies bc they make me feel extremely tired very quickly after eating them.

#7 scottyneedshelp

scottyneedshelp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 02:33 PM

ahhh nice! i had pb sandwich and chips yesterday yay!

#8 scottyneedshelp

scottyneedshelp

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 08:03 PM

hahah just had waffles and melon and chocolate bar eusa_doh.gif uh oh eh? eusa_wall.gif maybe not

#9 Avi

Avi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2005 - 11:30 PM

i always eat waffles, with jam or ice cream on it tho, it tastes better that way
sometimes i put pb on my waffles too i like to get creative when it comes to my food.

#10 valwen

valwen

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 12:39 AM

I snack on almonds. They fill me up and theyre easy to carry around. They have tons of fiber and vitamin E. Vitamin E helps improve complexion, its an antioxidant.

#11 Avi

Avi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 01:12 AM

almonds are great, also good protein content in them

#12 conan

conan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 05:17 AM

I snack on almonds, sunflower seeds, oatcakes with olive oil, and all types of fruit.

The tap water round here seems fine; it doesn't taste of chlorine and a program on TV a while ago found that all the UK water companies maintained safe levels of chlorine and other thingies in their water.

#13 Guest_Shjaker_*

Guest_Shjaker_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(Laputa @ Jan 19 2005, 11:32 AM)
Having said that though, I just went through a crazy phase of eating 5 bagels.

View Post

That's what always happens to me to screw up my nice little system.
I go INSANE and just eat a billion of the thing I've been craving tongue.gif I think it'd just be better to have whatever the thing is occasionally, then to go nuts and splurge insanely on it.

#14 olive415

olive415

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:52 AM

Any kind of nuts, lots of protein and important nutrients.

As for water it depends on your area. Where I live the water is really hard, so it has to be softened which increases the salt content so I go for bottled.

#15 rancid777

rancid777

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 March 2005 - 08:26 AM

u can snack on virtually anything, just do it all in moderation. don't overdo too much of one thing. i find apples are awesome snacks, but finding snacks with low carbs or sugar is very difficult. i hate it!