Photo

A SHORT ACNE DIET GUIDE FOR NEWBS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 xxGoody317xx

xxGoody317xx

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 20 January 2005 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE(scongiundi @ Jan 20 2005, 05:41 PM)
ur kinda right..... oily skin, hormones, and irritated skin causes acne most of the time.  The diet just increases it...  A LOT!  so in a way it does cause acne. and as a result of eating good acne foods, the acne goes down dramatically. 

I talk with experience, having gone on the diet for 2 months now and my skin looks so much better.  my acne isn't gone, don't get me wrong, but it is 70 percent better.

View Post

who in the hell told you this...
"Who will cry for the little boy , A good boy he tried to be...
Who will cry for the little boy who cries inside of me ... "
Posted Image "Only God Can Judge Me"

#22 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2005 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(xxGoody317xx @ Jan 20 2005, 03:32 PM)
sorry to say it man, but your diet is fine. Although the information you provide is not true, when I asked my dermatologist what foods was I supposed to eat n which should I avoid. He said none.!!!!!!! So I ate like I wanted to, pizzas, french fries, etc, man my skin looks good. Although a change in diet wold accelerate your results, no doubt about that. But Foods don't cause acne man.

View Post

Doctors can be wrong. There is a definite link between acne and your diet. Hell, there's a link between any disease and your diet. It's just that the current medical mindset is to treat with drugs which rarely adresses the root of the problem just supresses it with some sort of chemical. FOR YOU, pizza and french fries and all sorts of other crap didn't cause acne but for a lot of us food is the major trigger. No one needs to tell me that acne and your diet is related, I and many others here know it from personal and experience.

#23 xxGoody317xx

xxGoody317xx

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 20 January 2005 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Jan 20 2005, 07:55 PM)
Doctors can be wrong. There is a definite link between acne and your diet. Hell, there's a link between any disease and your diet. It's just that the current medical mindset is to treat with drugs which rarely adresses the root of the problem just supresses it with some sort of chemical. FOR YOU, pizza and french fries and all sorts of other crap didn't cause acne but for a lot of us food is the major trigger. No one needs to tell me that acne and your diet is related, I and many others here know it from personal and experience.

View Post

lmao okay man good luck with that eusa_clap.gif
"Who will cry for the little boy , A good boy he tried to be...
Who will cry for the little boy who cries inside of me ... "
Posted Image "Only God Can Judge Me"

#24 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2005 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(hazelnut66 @ Jan 20 2005, 09:33 PM)
wow...i totally don't agre with anything you say... no matter how healthy my diet is, and drinking tons of water and everything...it hasn't done a thing

View Post

Do you drink water with your meals?
Read:
http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=26706
QUOTE(xxGoody317xx @ Jan 20 2005, 10:27 PM)
lmao lol.gif  who in the hell says that these food causes acne? What is really the cause of acne? lmao do you know?!!

View Post

Alright slim shady I'll break it down for you.
To break down sugar your body produces insulin, to keep it short and sweet, too much insulin spikes hormones and thus acne. Read some of Sweetjades posts, im not a genius on it, but I know thats how it works.
QUOTE(xxGoody317xx @ Jan 20 2005, 10:32 PM)
sorry to say it man, but your diet is fine. Although the information you provide is not true, when I asked my dermatologist what foods was I supposed to eat n which should I avoid. He said none.!!!!!!! So I ate like I wanted to, pizzas, french fries, etc, man my skin looks good. Although a change in diet wold accelerate your results, no doubt about that. But Foods don't cause acne man.

View Post

Foods dont cause acne? So the people here clear on diets are lieing? I'm sure we all are. The only one lieing is your derm, they need to sell you antibiotics, creams, and so on.
I am an antibiotic fan, I'm on Tetracycline right now and it is clearing me up and I don't have to be dreadful over diet.
But I absolutely know diet is the cure for everyone with acne.
QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Jan 21 2005, 12:55 AM)

View Post

Well said Steve.
QUOTE(xxGoody317xx @ Jan 21 2005, 01:37 AM)
lmao okay man good luck with that  eusa_clap.gif

View Post

Good luck posting again, you're banned eusa_clap.gif
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#25 claud

claud

(^0^)/ kawaii ne?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 228
About Me

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:54 PM

Well, as for myself treatments are causing me to breakout. I stop the treatments all together and so far, the previous breakouts of the treatments that cause' me to breakout are drying out. So, I'm noticing my skin is going back to normal. I don't know how long it will take so far I'm pretty pleased.

I do include a healthy diet and taking vitamins to enhance my appearance. I never done this method of putting nothing on my face. But, inner cleansing in your body might help. Yes, somewhat people don't breakout when they eat fast food. Cause' they really don't think about it. But, as for myself I'm a paranoid freak I do think about it. I think everything could be in my head but, anywho everyone's is different.

#26 the.ronin

the.ronin

image>mode>cmyk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 11 February 2005 - 08:51 PM

Derms don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Pika's right, Diet does cause acne.

Here is a link that will help explain it.

#27 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:38 PM

smile.gif
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#28 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:46 AM

Lol, I don't think you should be referring to cosmo for scientific info. Even if it is second sourced.

Anyway, my point earlier about apples, yes their GL is low(Under 10) but if you eat 4 in a row right before bed, it will have a much higher load. It's the bulk that is doing it. Carrots have a low GL but if you eat a lot right away the GL will soar, hence why they have 131GI at 50grams of carbs. You only need to eat about 2 apples to get the carbs needed for the GI index reading(50 grams). Now double that and you get the real GI for four apples. you can eat 10 apples a day and have a much less GL if you space them out than 4 right away.

Of course what people here are forgetting is that apart form thigns we can't change right now(Certain genes they think are responsible for it), one of the best things that we can do to reduce insulin resistance(Not the symptoms but actually let more receptors accept insulin) is exercise. How many people here exercise? I mean 30min a day, 5 days a week of moderate exercise?