Photo

A SHORT ACNE DIET GUIDE FOR NEWBS

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:28 PM

Purpose of this guide:
The reason I wrote this guide because their needs to be a short, easy to read, acne guide. I've seen some other ones that are like 1464556456 words long, and those look intimidating. This guide is easy to follow, and not as strict as other guides. You will be able to have cheat meals in this diet plan, a lot of other diet plans don't consist of a cheat meal.

I tried to keep this guide short, and to the point. Here it goes.

Part 1.

A combination of a good diet and a good regimen = clear skin. Why? You're fighting acne inside and outside, acne will die bitches. eusa_dance.gif
I have seen many posts on this forum asking does this break you out, can I eat this, is it ok if I have a slice of pizza.

Lots of times people are intimated by acne diets, they say "oh god I have to eat 489 apples and day and drink nothing but water." But in reality, an acne diet is much less severe.

Their is one secret to having a good acne diet, and that secret is avoid excessive amounts of sugar. Why do I have to avoid sugar Pika? Simple, because to process sugar your body releases insulin, and insulin spikes = messes with your hormones = ACNE.

Now one of the best things about an acne diet, is that it will clear your acne and it will also help you become healthier, aka help you lose weight, lose bf (body fat).

You can have 1 cheat meal a day and still be acne free. So if you're going out to McDonalds with your buddies, you won't have to be so worried.

What works for me is, I have one or two cheat meals a day usually, and at the end of the day, 4 or 5 hours before bed I would eat three or four red apples. And I would wake up with no new spots. Apples contain very powerful antioxidants and they cleanse your body.

End of part 1.

#2 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 January 2005 - 09:29 PM

Part 2.

Alright it is really easy to be clear and to eat right, you just need to want it enough. If you want it enough, your acne will stop within a few days and with a good topical regimen you will be totally clear of active acne within a couple weeks, and redmarks should be gone in a couple months max with the right redmark regimen.

Here is a list of foods that cause acne in most people:

Soda - Lots of sugar, will greatly increase insulin levels and thus provoke acne. Get used to diet soda if you must have soda.

Chips - I found this out the hard way, usually chips contain a lot of sugar, I don't know why I ate them at school.

Anything fried - Anything fried usually has a lot of sugar, fat, and generally is unhealthy for you and should be avoided at all costs. French fries is a good example.

Fruit - Don't get me wrong, fruits are really healthy, but too much sugar that comes from anything is BAD.

Juice - Lots of sugar, definitely avoid.

Fast food- You can still eat fast food when you're out with your friends or something, just try to eat healthier fast food. Avoid a lot of french fries. Go for grilled chicken meals and avoid a lot of fried stuff.

More acne causing foods to be posted later.

End of part 2.

#3 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:24 AM

Fruit has fiber which causes a smaller spike in insulin. You say you eat 4 apples at night, well they are loaded with sugar and yet you don't get acne from them.....

Most people eat meals consisting of various food groups. Protein will slow down spikes, as will combining foods with low and high GL's.

Other things you can do is take chromium GTF, which balances your sugar levels for a long time.

#4 wayuphigh

wayuphigh

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:11 AM

interesting, but I am still a little skeptical.

we should eat fruit for vitamins etc, I don't think we should leave it out, but i agree with the fried food and junk food sugary stuff

#5 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Jan 17 2005, 07:24 AM)
Fruit has fiber which causes a smaller spike in insulin. You say you eat 4 apples at night, well they are loaded with sugar and yet you don't get acne from them.....

View Post

Apples have very low amounts of sugar, if you avoid other foods that have a lot of sugar, the very little amount of sugar in apples won't do a thing.
Ah, and also, I only eat the red apples.

#6 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Jan 17 2005, 11:30 AM)
Apples have very low amounts of sugar, if you avoid other foods that have a lot of sugar, the very little amount of sugar in apples won't do a thing.
Ah, and also, I only eat the red apples.

View Post

Each apple depending on size has from 13(small) to 22(large) grams of sugar which is not much less than most other fruits or more than some other fruits. A gram wise comparison to a honeydew melon for example shows that a same gram serving on the melon has less sugar than an apple. It's just that the fiber content of the apple is higher so the GI of it is lower but that doesn't mean that apples are low in sugar.

#7 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 06:16 PM

Alright that may be a little bad, but the antioxidant features of an apple are great. Just like that one faggot that came on here and was like Acne Free in 3 Days!!!11

Well apples won't cure any acne in three days, and won't do a thing for severe acne, but apples have a great effect on acne..

#8 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Jan 16 2005, 11:24 PM)

View Post

There are many types of sugar afaik.

is it fructose? I don't think the fructose sugar form causes acne at all.

#9 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE(Andrei @ Jan 17 2005, 07:38 PM)
There are many types of sugar afaik.

is it fructose? I don't think the fructose sugar form causes acne at all.

View Post

Hmm that depends on whether we are getting fructose from fruits, vegetables, grains and other plant sources or from a fructose based sweetner (fructose, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup). Fructose is fine in the small amounts found in plant foods and because of the fiber it's metabolized slowly.

Fructose sweetners however are not so good for acne, or any person with a health problem. These sweetners have far more fructose (50%, 80%, 90%) than what is found naturally in plants Initially scientists thought fructose was a good thing because it doesn't raise the blood sugar the way glucose does, but there's conflicting reports on this. However what fructose does more rapidly than glucose is become converted into fat, thus raising our triglycerides, LDL cholesterol, and as such, increasing the presence of Inflammatory products. This indeed may be why myself and others find that table sugar/cane sugar doesn't give/contribute to cystic acne, the way corn/fructose sweetners do.

Occassionally I consume table sugar/sucrose or evaporated cane syrup/sugar and may get a few tiny small pimples/pustles that I tend to call sugar pimples as a result. Yet if I consume Fructose/Corn Syrup/High Fructose Corn Syrup/HFCS I WILL get cysts and sometimes they are very stubborn cysts that like to leave marks. So that's my personal experience and why you may find me saying that it's "OK" to consume table sugar over fructose. Of course if one is a true Type II Diabetic, table sugar and the sugars found in certain fruits probably are too much for them.

#10 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 10:31 PM

13-22g of sugar per apple isn't a small amount, especially if you eat 4. That's like having a Coke.

#11 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Jan 17 2005, 08:31 PM)
13-22g of sugar per apple isn't a small amount, especially if you eat 4. That's like having a Coke.

View Post

...only that Coke has Carbonated water, corn syrup, caramel coloring,
Phosphoric Acid, and Potassium Benzoate.

#12 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 11:44 PM

What's your point? I never said Coke was healthy. I said 4 apples worth of sugar will spike your blood glucose unless you are combining it with protein, high fiber foods(The apple peel does provide some), or somethign else that regulates it(I doubt it because he said he eats them just before bed). His whole point was to regulate blood sugar and eating a ton of fruit just before bed isn't the best way to do it.

#13 JShep

JShep

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2005 - 12:18 AM

There are many fruits/vegetables/juices that are high in antioxidants. Some have a lot more than apples.

Also, if you have one or two cheat meals a day, and then eat 4 apples at one sitting without gaining weight you should thank your parents for some great metabolism.

#14 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2005 - 07:21 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Jan 17 2005, 10:44 PM)
What's your point? I never said Coke was healthy. I said 4 apples worth of sugar will spike your blood glucose unless you are combining it with protein, high fiber foods(The apple peel does provide some), or somethign else that regulates it(I doubt it because he said he eats them just before bed). His whole point was to regulate blood sugar and eating a ton of fruit just before bed isn't the best way to do it.

View Post

Not really. Apples have a low glycemic load as well which means that even larger amounts won't send your blood glucose levels through the roof.

#15 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2005 - 08:35 AM

i may be wrong, but i don't think having cheatmeals on a daily basis such as mac donalds wouldn't do any harm...depends on the person i guess, but i wouldn't really recommend having big macs on a daily basis.. as for the antioxidants in fruits... most of us forget that most of the fruits have been sprouted and what not, unless you get the organic ones, otherwise i don't think the fruits are really that high in antioxidants and all the great stuff in them after they've been sprouted...but then again, id rather have a ''chemical apple'' than a chocolate bar...

#16 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:57 PM

Try eating it one day, and not eating it a week later.

#17 hazelnut66

hazelnut66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 20 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

wow...i totally don't agre with anything you say... no matter how healthy my diet is, and drinking tons of water and everything...it hasn't done a thing

#18 xxGoody317xx

xxGoody317xx

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:27 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Jan 16 2005, 10:29 PM)
Part 2.

Alright it is really easy to be clear and to eat right, you just need to want it enough. If you want it enough, your acne will stop within a few days and with a good topical regimen you will be totally clear of active acne within a couple weeks, and redmarks should be gone in a couple months max with the right redmark regimen.

Here is a list of foods that cause acne in most people:

Soda - Lots of sugar, will greatly increase insulin levels and thus provoke acne. Get used to diet soda if you must have soda.

Chips - I found this out the hard way, usually chips contain a lot of sugar, I don't know why I ate them at school.

Anything fried - Anything fried usually has a lot of sugar, fat, and generally is unhealthy for you and should be avoided at all costs. French fries is a good example.

Fruit - Don't get me wrong, fruits are really healthy, but too much sugar that comes from anything is BAD.

Juice - Lots of sugar, definitely avoid.

Fast food- You can still eat fast food when you're out with your friends or something, just try to eat healthier fast food. Avoid a lot of french fries. Go for grilled chicken meals and avoid a lot of fried stuff.

More acne causing foods to be posted later.

End of part 2.

View Post

lmao lol.gif who in the hell says that these food causes acne? What is really the cause of acne? lmao do you know?!!

#19 xxGoody317xx

xxGoody317xx

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:32 PM

sorry to say it man, but your diet is fine. Although the information you provide is not true, when I asked my dermatologist what foods was I supposed to eat n which should I avoid. He said none.!!!!!!! So I ate like I wanted to, pizzas, french fries, etc, man my skin looks good. Although a change in diet wold accelerate your results, no doubt about that. But Foods don't cause acne man.

#20 scongiundi

scongiundi

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:41 PM

ur kinda right..... oily skin, hormones, and irritated skin causes acne most of the time. The diet just increases it... A LOT! so in a way it does cause acne. and as a result of eating good acne foods, the acne goes down dramatically.

I talk with experience, having gone on the diet for 2 months now and my skin looks so much better. my acne isn't gone, don't get me wrong, but it is 70 percent better.