Photo

mederma?

mederma

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 rie

rie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 15 January 2005 - 03:58 PM

has anyone used this? i noticed on the commercial they listed acne scars..i dont know whether its meant for the face or not. do you think it clogs pores?

Now, I was never a kid with super clear skin, but in July 2004 I broke out big. I went to the internet for solutions. I began using ProActiv, which worsened my condition initially. I opted for Dan's Regimen that August and was completely clear by December. I used baking soda and apple cider vinegar for the remaining red marks, which faded about 3 months later.

#2 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:25 PM

I haven't used it. You can do a board search for "mederma" and posts will come up about the product. It's meant for raised scars not pitted or indented scars.
~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#3 girlrwoman

girlrwoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:06 PM

What is the difference between raised and pitted scars, I mean not the appearance but the pathology behind them.

I thought in pitted scars, the scar tissue is under the skin and pulls the skin above it down and in raised scars the scar tissue is out on the skin surface. Am I right?

If that is true I would imagein acne scars also to be a use for mederma, but I do not know how effective it can be.

But if pitted scars can be formed by other reasons ( loss of collagen, I could never beleive it, shouldnt collagen grow back eventually?), then mederma will not be effective.

Anyone else has any idea...

#4 df4801

df4801

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE(girlrwoman @ Jan 16 2005, 02:06 AM)
What is the difference between raised and pitted scars, I mean not the appearance but the pathology behind them.

I thought in pitted scars, the scar tissue is under the skin and pulls the skin above it down and in raised scars the scar tissue is out on the skin surface. Am I right?

If that is true I would imagein acne scars also to be a use for mederma, but I do not know how effective it can be.

But if pitted scars can be formed by other reasons ( loss of collagen, I could never beleive it, shouldnt collagen grow back eventually?), then mederma will not be effective.

Anyone else has any idea...

View Post

Mederma does nothing.
Save your money.

#5 girlrwoman

girlrwoman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 January 2005 - 08:43 PM

Yes, so it seems, I was initially very thrilled about mederma, but after reading many posts here I am also very less hopeful.

But I am still interested in understanding the pathology of a depressed scar, I searched and searched on internet but to no avail.

All I want to know is why a depressed scar is formed, is there a scar tissue formed under the skin that pulls the skin above it causing a pit or is it just due to loss of tissue/collagen.

Cas if it is due to scar tissue formation below the skin, mederma can still be helpful, but if it is due to loss of collagen/tissue then no way can it be effective.

I wish there was a way to find that out, would a derm doing a close examination of the scar be able to figure out what is the cause of the depressed pit in the face...???

#6 Violet

Violet

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 03:51 AM

I tried it for a long time, a couple of times a day and it did nothing.

If beauty is painful I must be super hot.

#7 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:09 AM

Mederma may soften raised scars slightly...but having tried it for several months I am with the majority here...Sorry, it doesnt work. .. sad.gif

#8 acnescargirl

acnescargirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

hi. i also wodner if indent scars grow back over time.!!!! that sounds like hopeful thinking to me eusa_pray.gif pleeze let it be true
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules] [image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

WHY BRAD AND JEN BROKE UP

#9 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE(acnescargirl @ Jan 29 2005, 06:57 PM)
hi. i also wodner if indent scars grow back over time.!!!!    that sounds like hopeful thinking to me  eusa_pray.gif  pleeze let it be true

View Post

If you are young they may fill in a little over time...but I wouldnt hold your breath...Sorry... sad.gif

#10 ylem

ylem

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 January 2005 - 10:27 PM

I got mine at 19 year of age and i'm n0w almost 25. They just look worse and worse as the years go by.

#11 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:07 AM

ylem......
I didnt want to freak acnescargirl out too much because everyone is different ...but I know what you mean...I am in my late 30's...once the skin starts to sag the scars look even deeper...I have already had a face lift to help correct my scar situation...and to tell you the truth it really didnt help all that much.
ooops! I hope I now havent scared you... LOL:rolleyes:

#12 brandon bruce

brandon bruce

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (Violet @ Jan 17 2005, 03:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried it for a long time, a couple of times a day and it did nothing.

yeah didnt use it it will not go away unless you use the invasive methods like co2 lasers and if you have pitted scars this is the right move incase u were wondering pitted scars are caused by loss of collagen and skin cell turn over so co2 lasers increases skin cell turnover and collagn productio as the site becomes injured hope this was explanatory enough.