Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accutane and Milk?

11 posts in this topic

What do you guys think about the things they say about how milk is horrible because of the hormones? To be honest, I have had pretty moderate acne but never noticed any difference between drinking and not drinking it.

Is there any truth to that in fat free skim milk? Im taking accutane right now. Im wondering if its ok to drink it.

I've taken accutane twice and I never saw a correlation between milk and acne. I wouldn't worry about it. If it bothers you then don't drink it. I drink organic milk where they don't inject the cows with hormones to make them produce extra milk, so I wouldn't know about normal milk drinking.

I would also recommend you take a fish oil supplement and if you have achy joints, then a "glucosamine + chondroitin" supplement. I found both supplements help while on accutane.

They say goatmilk is much better than cowmilk, so I think ill stop drinking cowmilk for some months and try to buy a goat, just to see if it helps.

I would also recommend you take a fish oil supplement and if you have achy joints, then a "glucosamine + chondroitin" supplement. I found both supplements help while on accutane.

I've heard about the milk-acne connection before and was intrigued anough to give up all dairy for 3 months.

There was no change in my skin and I was starting to have fantasies about menage a trois with Mr. Softie and the Good Humour man. Bad stuff, let me tell you.

However, all people are different and dairy might cause problems for some people, especially if your ancestors are from a part of the world where cows milk isn't part of the traditional diet. Make sure to supplement with other sources of calcium if you give up dairy.

I've heard about the milk-acne connection before and was intrigued anough to give up all dairy for 3 months.

There was no change in my skin and I was starting to have fantasies about menage a trois with Mr. Softie and the Good Humour man. Bad stuff, let me tell you.

However, all people are different and dairy might cause problems for some people, especially if your ancestors are from a part of the world where cows milk isn't part of the traditional diet. Make sure to supplement with other sources of calcium if you give up dairy.