Photo
- - - - -

pimples on nipples

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 nipples

nipples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:08 AM

I have these ugly pimples on my nipples. I have done research on them and they seem safe but I want to get rid of them.... anyone have the same problem??????
does anyone know if there is anything to do for them?

Thank you so much

#2 wildarmz

wildarmz

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 January 2005 - 04:31 AM

Try using Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap or Dove Sensitive Body Wash in the shower. These seem to work for body acne and are very mild cleansers. Im not sure if you can apply a topical to your nipples, it might irritate them too much. Maybe try a very small amount of benzoyl peroxide (2.5%-dan's gel or neutrogena on-the-spot) and moisturizer.
<---obsessed

#3 nipples

nipples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 January 2005 - 03:40 AM

thanks wildarmz... but I was wondering if there is anything else........ because I don't think it will work...... these don't seem to go away...

Thanks for listening

#4 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2005 - 01:15 PM

omg please dont pop them that wud hurt.. LOL! ive been drinking alot of water.. uhhhm.. does hair grow on nipples? afaik, no hair = no acne, is it around ur niple or on it?
omg tto wud burn ur nipple
omg
omg
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#5 nipples

nipples

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2005 - 03:18 AM

they are on my nipples......... and no I don't pick at them......

#6 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

oh damn, ive had them near my nips. not on them.. didnt do a thing, i just hide them.. lol

#7 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:46 AM

I've never had that before. Sounds interesting, wouldn't mind having one to add to my acne experience catalogue.

#8 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:07 PM

id get a antibiotic, and it will be slow.. but it will stop that acne in those weird areas.. cuz if u cant treat it.. it wont go away.. or if u pop.. but cmon its ur nipple treat it with respect

#9 jemma

jemma

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2005 - 06:11 PM

I don't think those are pimples. Nipples are supposed to have tiny bumps here and there on them - they're not zits, they're supposed to be there! ^.^

#10 pinay

pinay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:51 PM

^I was going to say that.

#11 Avelon

Avelon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 January 2005 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(nipples @ Jan 9 2005, 09:08 PM)
I have these ugly pimples on my nipples. I have done research on them and they seem safe but I want to get rid of them.... anyone have the same problem??????
Thank you so much

View Post

Nipples, are you a girl?

If so, the bumps that appear on the areola (the circular pigmented area that surrounds the actual nipple) and they look like small pimples like bumps it could be mammary glands and are quite normal. They are used to help women deliver milk to babies when they are breastfeeding. Men have them to they are just more pronounced in women, for obvious reasons.

I have had them since puberty.

Tracey

#12 curious

curious

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

I have something the same or similar. They are small bumps, most with tiny whitehead-looking things. They don't really go away. I used to think it was acne, as I am prone to whiteheads all over my chest. The derm said they are normal, just enlarged glands that are blocked. I am using BP cleanser and Retin-A (which is okay as long as it doesn't irritate too much). It seems to be helping a little, but the whitehead things don't seem to go away. Sometimes they come out but get re-blocked. Let me know if your experience is similar. I know it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but at least it's nothing to be worried about!

#13 Angelis

Angelis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 February 2005 - 01:59 PM

They're not "enlarged glands" even. Jesus Christ, I'm an 18 year old that didn't get to even finish highschool (family probs..had to help out.) and I even know that those bumps are Mammary glands and are normal. Find a new doctor, yours is insane. tongue.gif

Unless they are red bumps, don't worry about it because they will never go away, you need them to feed 'yer babies.

#14 izelemontea

izelemontea

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 February 2005 - 06:26 PM

lol.gif

(post-count +1)

#15 2die4Him

2die4Him

Natural Beauty Consultant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:13 AM

Okay, some experience talking here...what most everyone else said, ditto...They're actually a "gland" that is there to produce oil to moisturize the nipples for breastfeeding so they don't dry out. I had a nipple crack with my 2nd baby, and OMG, did it hurt! It was excruciating to feed her, but it healed fairly quickly.

Just leave the bumps alone...they're a God-given moisturizer!
Beauty, Naturally

#16 olive415

olive415

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 March 2005 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE(nipples @ Jan 9 2005, 05:08 AM)
Thank you so much

View Post

I'd agree with what everyone has been saying about glands for the msot part, but I would get pimple like pus filled bumps if my son bit me while nursing or if he had a bad latch and the skin broke. So I don't knwo if you had some broken skin in the area from nursing or other intimate activity, but it might be from that.

To heal them I would apply warm/hot wet compresses and make sure to use lanolin every time I nursed. Here is a link of more detailed info if this is what you think you might have.

http://www.kellymom....plehealing.html

#17 skyblue

skyblue

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:44 AM

I think everybody got bumps on there nipple that normal.

#18 Guest_SmittinKitten_*

Guest_SmittinKitten_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 08 March 2005 - 12:39 PM

The small bumps on the areola are called Montgomery Glands. They produce a natural oil which cleans, lubricates, and protects the nipple This oil contains an enzyme that kills bacteria. These can become plugged and infected. Stop all use of soaps and creams in the area and wash gently with warm water only. If you are female , make sure your bra isn't too tight as it may be putting too much compression on the breasts..not allowing for proper flow of the oils. Hope that helps.

#19 curious

curious

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2005 - 03:50 PM

Yes, my derm said I had some blocked glands (not infected at all), but told me I could use my BP and Retin A. However, as I said before, once they get blocked, they are hard to get unblocked and often get reblocked. I'm not worried just wondering if others have the same thing.

#20 asian al

asian al

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE(Keeley @ Mar 8 2005, 04:22 PM)
You are not a mutant! but Genetically... Everybody is a mutant, as everybody's genes are different! lol!

Dont get too bogged down! eusa_angel.gif

View Post

I must admit i laughed at the title name