Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pimples on nipples

34 posts in this topic

I have these ugly pimples on my nipples. I have done research on them and they seem safe but I want to get rid of them.... anyone have the same problem??????

does anyone know if there is anything to do for them?

Thank you so much

Try using Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap or Dove Sensitive Body Wash in the shower. These seem to work for body acne and are very mild cleansers. Im not sure if you can apply a topical to your nipples, it might irritate them too much. Maybe try a very small amount of benzoyl peroxide (2.5%-dan's gel or neutrogena on-the-spot) and moisturizer.

<---obsessed

thanks wildarmz... but I was wondering if there is anything else........ because I don't think it will work...... these don't seem to go away...

Thanks for listening

omg please dont pop them that wud hurt.. LOL! ive been drinking alot of water.. uhhhm.. does hair grow on nipples? afaik, no hair = no acne, is it around ur niple or on it?

omg tto wud burn ur nipple

omg

omg

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

oh damn, ive had them near my nips. not on them.. didnt do a thing, i just hide them.. lol

I've never had that before. Sounds interesting, wouldn't mind having one to add to my acne experience catalogue.

id get a antibiotic, and it will be slow.. but it will stop that acne in those weird areas.. cuz if u cant treat it.. it wont go away.. or if u pop.. but cmon its ur nipple treat it with respect

I don't think those are pimples. Nipples are supposed to have tiny bumps here and there on them - they're not zits, they're supposed to be there! ^.^

^I was going to say that.

I have these ugly pimples on my nipples. I have done research on them and they seem safe but I want to get rid of them.... anyone have the same problem??????

Thank you so much

I have something the same or similar. They are small bumps, most with tiny whitehead-looking things. They don't really go away. I used to think it was acne, as I am prone to whiteheads all over my chest. The derm said they are normal, just enlarged glands that are blocked. I am using BP cleanser and Retin-A (which is okay as long as it doesn't irritate too much). It seems to be helping a little, but the whitehead things don't seem to go away. Sometimes they come out but get re-blocked. Let me know if your experience is similar. I know it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but at least it's nothing to be worried about!

They're not "enlarged glands" even. Jesus Christ, I'm an 18 year old that didn't get to even finish highschool (family probs..had to help out.) and I even know that those bumps are Mammary glands and are normal. Find a new doctor, yours is insane. tongue.gif

Unless they are red bumps, don't worry about it because they will never go away, you need them to feed 'yer babies.

Okay, some experience talking here...what most everyone else said, ditto...They're actually a "gland" that is there to produce oil to moisturize the nipples for breastfeeding so they don't dry out. I had a nipple crack with my 2nd baby, and OMG, did it hurt! It was excruciating to feed her, but it healed fairly quickly.

Just leave the bumps alone...they're a God-given moisturizer!

Beauty, Naturally

Thank you so much

The small bumps on the areola are called Montgomery Glands. They produce a natural oil which cleans, lubricates, and protects the nipple This oil contains an enzyme that kills bacteria. These can become plugged and infected. Stop all use of soaps and creams in the area and wash gently with warm water only. If you are female , make sure your bra isn't too tight as it may be putting too much compression on the breasts..not allowing for proper flow of the oils. Hope that helps.

Yes, my derm said I had some blocked glands (not infected at all), but told me I could use my BP and Retin A. However, as I said before, once they get blocked, they are hard to get unblocked and often get reblocked. I'm not worried just wondering if others have the same thing.

You are not a mutant! but Genetically... Everybody is a mutant, as everybody's genes are different! lol!

Dont get too bogged down! eusa_angel.gif

i have had the same thing ever since i had my kids--20 years ago. they are like whiteheads and no matter how many times i squeeze them out, they keep coming back. in fact, as time goes by i slowly get more of them.

you young'ens don't know, they are not ordinary pimples and i think hormones have a lot to do with them.

i am still looking for any effective treatment for them

happyjoy,

I think that's exactly what I have. Except mine appeared during and soon after puberty, and I've never had kids. But I am in my late 20's now, and most are still there. But as my derm said it's normal, and therefore, treatment could potentially help the blockage, but I don't think the more pronounced glands are likely to go away. Just what I have gathered based on my own experience and what the derms have said. But now that I know they're 'normal' I'm not so worried or obsessed about them. But do let me know if you find anything that works!

I am a guy. and these pimples don't go away. I realize everyone of you guys are girls. Do you think putting topicals will reduce it?

Also, does anyone's nipples itch sometime???

Man I feel weird talkin about think

No biggie. I don't see why it couldn't happen to a guy as well as a girl. I think they're probably normal. Topicals may help but probably won't make them go away all-together. That's my experience anyway. I get itching too although more so since using the topicals.

Ugh. I recently (yesterday night) discovered this weird bump on my nipple that was like... big! And it hurt a TINY bit. I think I got a gigantic zit on the bottom of my nipple. :/ Is THIS normal? I hope it is... I've never had anything like it... Ugh! It's really scary!