rosacea

1 reply to this topic

#1 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:17 AM

nothing puberty... just bad genes! my mom has diabetes and rosacea and my dad has those capilaries things on his cheeks and well i have acne! so the link is right there..

i was wondering though, despite the ''acne genes'', is it possible to like surpress them through right nutrition, supplementation ... ? thanks.

#2 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE(Ben16 @ Jan 7 2005, 04:17 AM)
nothing puberty... just bad genes! my mom has diabetes and rosacea and my dad has those capilaries things on his cheeks and well i have acne! so the link is right there..

i was wondering though, despite the ''acne genes'', is it possible to like surpress them through right nutrition, supplementation ... ? thanks.

View Post

Ben,
Yes we know this already, but most importantly YOU know this! Now, I wondered about your blood sugar levels, especially when you told me that the test, and the doctor commented on this, for your blood sugar was high. So what type of Diabetes does your mother have? If it's type II, which is my guess, then once again, talk to your doctor about going on Avandia. Gluten Free - No Added Sugar dietary changes would also be great, but I know that right now that isn't the most feasible solution for you. Yet if your mother has diabetes (type II?) and isn't even willing to change your eating habits (along with hers?), then how are either of you to improve? Nevertheless, despite the odds, you can still beat this!

Talk to your doctor about getting a Glucose Tolerance Test run as well as checking your Lipid Profile and mention that your mother has Diabetes and that you know that there is a connection between Insulin Resistance (pre-pre-cursor to Type II Diabetes) that can give you acne (due to increased androgen hormones & inflammatory products), among other health problems associated with diabetes that you are interested in treating AND preventing. Show him/her articles on this board, such as from page 2 of this thread: http://www.acne.org/...pic=39194&st=20 and then ask for those hormonal tests again too. If this doctor isn't complliant, you could threaten with malpractice as you already know that diabetes runs on one side of your family. As such, your doctor's goal SHOULD be to help prevent this, by reducing your risks, from happening to you. So keep fighting for what you want and your RIGHT to know and get a NEW doctor if need be!

Best of wishes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users