Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darlingclementine

What about sugar?

3 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say that ever since switching to a luten-free, wheat-free diet, I not only have more energy, and have been eating healthier, but I haven't gotten any existing acne. I try to follow the GI diet, but I do eat Basmati rice, corn, etc. I haven't eaten foods with sugar, whether evaporated cane juice, brown sugar, etc, but I love my apples and pears, and eat them throughout the day. But I do miss muffins and cookies! There is this wonderful organic bakery in my vicinity (west village, nyc) that sells great gluten-free baked goods, but I'm sure they use some kind of sweetner. From your experience, eating goods with sugar (because I know there must be tons of hidden sugar in foods I wouldn't have guessed about) in moderation, has it exacerbated your acne? Why is sugar so detrimental to our skin? Sigh. I can almost taste that apple cobbler!

Also, I'll be in college next year, so I'm wondering if the salad bar will be my watering hole.

darlingc-

I use brown rice syrup for baking. Or real maple syrup is better than refined sugar

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

its a fact that sugar is bad for the skin.. anyone else that argues, try eating less sugar. then talk, thx

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]