Photo

EXTREMELY oily skin

oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

#1 aaboud

aaboud

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:02 PM

Hi....I have EXTREMELY oily skin. After two hours after washing, my face is like an oil slick, and i can see droplets of oil forming on my nose. I make sure that i don't wash with a harsh soap or wash too frequently too agravate my oil glands, but nothing helps. I have a healthy diet, exercise often, and drink a tonne of water. I've been on accutane a couple of times, which worked great while i was on it, but afterwards, the oil came back, and so did the acne. I wouldn't even care so much about the acne i have, it's mild to moderate, but i am so self concious about the oil. Any thoughts? HELP me please!!!!

#2 Mad ID

Mad ID

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 228
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:08 PM

I have the same problem as you have. How old are you?

By The Way: b5 works..it will kill your oil production ...mybee not fully but 50% minimum... 10g per day you must take. I quit because it is very exprenssive.

#3 claud

claud

(^0^)/ kawaii ne?

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:11 PM

Are you using any medications or treatments now?
Are you allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide?
Have you tried Sacicylic Acid?

As for myself I have being using SA treatment nearly a month. I had a bad breakout with Apple Cider Vinegar treatment. So, decided to give SA a tried. It did reduce my oil production and also slowly clear out my skin. I get breakouts but, I estimate if I keep doing this treatment I might get clear for 2 months or so.

I think you need the right treatment that would easy on your skin.

(This is my method:
Try to treat the whole skin by not preventing any irritation. Use Tea Tree Oil to tread active pimples. )

I still trying this regimen that I made.

So, I will keep you posted.

#4 jonny

jonny

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(aaboud @ Jan 6 2005, 12:02 PM)
Hi....I have EXTREMELY oily skin.  After two hours after washing, my face is like an oil slick, and i can see droplets of oil forming on my nose.  I make sure that i don't wash with a harsh soap or wash too frequently too agravate my oil glands, but nothing helps.  I have a healthy diet, exercise often, and drink a tonne of water.  I've been on accutane a couple of times, which worked great while i was on it, but afterwards, the oil came back,  and so did the acne.  I wouldn't even care so much about the acne i have, it's mild to moderate, but i am so self concious about the oil.  Any thoughts? HELP me please!!!!

View Post

Use products which are for oily/ combination skin...so ones which contain SA. Also there are loads of "shine free/ mattifying" moisturizers out there.

Here in the UK> clearasil/ clean and clear/ neutrogena/ boots etc all do decent SA products.

remember...just because you got oily skin...doesn't mean you don't need a moisturizer.

#5 aaboud

aaboud

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE(Mad ID @ Jan 6 2005, 02:08 PM)
I have the same problem as you have. How old are you?

By The Way: b5  works..it will kill your oil production ...mybee not fully but 50% minimum...  10g per day you must take. I quit because it is very exprenssive.

View Post

Mad ID,
I've tried B5 for about 4 months but it didn't seem to do anything aswell....and very expensive (money down the drain cry.gif )
I'm 25 and have had extremely oily skin since grade 9.

#6 Mad ID

Mad ID

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(aaboud @ Jan 6 2005, 09:18 PM)
Mad ID,
I've tried B5 for about 4 months but it didn't seem to do anything aswell....and very expensive (money down the drain cry.gif )
I'm 25 and have had extremely oily skin since grade 9.

View Post

Hmmm....everbody is different. 5g did little for me..8g (max i could afford) cleared all my cysts..oil was down by 50% in 2 weeks and I was not taking the full dose.
10g is the right one.

#7 hazelnut66

hazelnut66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 04:02 PM

wow 2 weeks? i've been using b5 for a while and have gotten no results...the oil is still crazy

#8 LastStraw

LastStraw

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:41 PM

They say that if you're not seeing results, you should up your dosage...but it's WAYYYY too expensive.

#9 Brown Po

Brown Po

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:12 AM

I have the exact same problem its terrible. I thought B5 was gonna be the cure but Ive been using it for two months now with no results. I dont know what else to try now. I just cant believe there isnt something to treat this type of thing cuz it doesnt seem like it would be a difficult thing to treat. I thought that was the purpose of the B5 treatment but nothin has come from it

#10 Xorcist

Xorcist

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:41 AM

B5 and SA should do a good job together, since SA does cut through oil and help reduce dead skin cells, someone should try it? Probably already have but, you got my 3 cents.

#11 Mad ID

Mad ID

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(Brown Po @ Jan 7 2005, 09:12 AM)
I have the exact same problem its terrible. I thought B5 was gonna be the cure but Ive been using it for two months now with no results. I dont know what else to try now. I just cant believe there isnt something to treat this type of thing cuz it doesnt seem like it would be a difficult thing to treat. I thought that was the purpose of the B5 treatment but nothin has come from it

View Post

I decided to see a doctor. First thing next week.

I think we al have some kind of hormonal inbalance that can('t) bee cured...I hope so.. Of course I will let you know.

#12 Entimann

Entimann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(Mad ID @ Jan 7 2005, 11:56 AM)
I decided to see a doctor. First thing next week.

I think we al have some kind of hormonal inbalance that can('t) bee cured...I hope so..  Of course I will let you know.

View Post

please post your results. ask your doctor to refer you to an endocrinologist. an endocrinologist specializes in the body's glands and therefore hormones.

#13 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 04:59 PM

ur doctor will tell u nothing..

#14 Entimann

Entimann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Jan 7 2005, 05:59 PM)
ur doctor will tell u nothing..

View Post

are you speaking from experience?

#15 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 05:58 PM

i always speak from experience, ive asked doctors if retin-a will even out my skin tone, the most simple question n they dont know shit sometimes..
doctors r only good for prescriptions to clear up acne, while u figure out a regimen and diet that works.

#16 Entimann

Entimann

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE(Pika @ Jan 7 2005, 06:58 PM)
i always speak from experience, ive asked doctors if retin-a will even out my skin tone, the most simple question n they dont know shit sometimes..
doctors r only good for prescriptions to clear up acne, while u figure out a regimen and diet that works.

View Post

do you even have oily skin? just because your dermatologist can't clear up your acne that doesn't mean an endocrinologist can't find out what is causing oily skin.

#17 Mdawg202

Mdawg202

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 06:44 PM

I've never had oily skin before, but probably like 5 months ago I started getting blackheads and an oil nose. that's the one thing that really gets oily, foruneatly. unfortuneatly I can't get the blackheads out of the side of my nose, and I can't find a way to keep my nose dry but not irritated (I have tried SA and retin-a, B5 is too expensive)

#18 Avelon

Avelon

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE(aaboud @ Jan 7 2005, 06:02 AM)
Hi....I have EXTREMELY oily skin.  After two hours after washing, my face is like an oil slick, and i can see droplets of oil forming on my nose.  I make sure that i don't wash with a harsh soap or wash too frequently too agravate my oil glands, but nothing helps.  I have a healthy diet, exercise often, and drink a tonne of water.  I've been on accutane a couple of times, which worked great while i was on it, but afterwards, the oil came back,  and so did the acne.  I wouldn't even care so much about the acne i have, it's mild to moderate, but i am so self concious about the oil.  Any thoughts? HELP me please!!!!

View Post

The ladies looooove sulfur masks, dries out the skin like a dessert I am told

DDF and Peter Thomas Roth have one, bit pricey though

O and great for pimples, clogged pores

#19 hazelnut66

hazelnut66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 07:34 PM

i tried the sulfur mask...and it didn't help at all, surprise surprise! omg i use about 20, that's right twen-ty of those oil absorbing sheets every day, it's so freaking crazy. i don't know why the b5 is doing absolutely nothing...i've tried everything that's supposed to control oil and it never does! how can i be resistant to every single product in acne-dom?? if i wore a stuuupid mask 24 hours a day...theeeen...maybe that would be the end of it all! unfortunately sarcasm isn't beneficial for my issues as far as i can tell, so if you guys have any other suggestions (although there is a 99.9% chance i've already tried it) i would like to hear!

#20 shutterlag

shutterlag

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 09:34 PM

you know, as crazy as this sounds, have you tried the cetaphil sensitive skin bar? not the antibacterial bar. give it a shot if you haven't, it's like $4. i have ridiculously oily skin (same as you- two hours after washing..) , i've tried so many masks and cleansers... did nothing to help the oil. if i wash with the bar 2x a day, just rub the lather on my face for like 45 seconds and wash off with freezing (important!) cold water, my face is normal for six hours. i just use one of those blotter sheets mid-day. i don't get it, but that's what works for me.