Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EXTREMELY oily skin

42 posts in this topic

Hi....I have EXTREMELY oily skin. After two hours after washing, my face is like an oil slick, and i can see droplets of oil forming on my nose. I make sure that i don't wash with a harsh soap or wash too frequently too agravate my oil glands, but nothing helps. I have a healthy diet, exercise often, and drink a tonne of water. I've been on accutane a couple of times, which worked great while i was on it, but afterwards, the oil came back, and so did the acne. I wouldn't even care so much about the acne i have, it's mild to moderate, but i am so self concious about the oil. Any thoughts? HELP me please!!!!

I have the same problem as you have. How old are you?

By The Way: b5 works..it will kill your oil production ...mybee not fully but 50% minimum... 10g per day you must take. I quit because it is very exprenssive.

Are you using any medications or treatments now?

Are you allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide?

Have you tried Sacicylic Acid?

As for myself I have being using SA treatment nearly a month. I had a bad breakout with Apple Cider Vinegar treatment. So, decided to give SA a tried. It did reduce my oil production and also slowly clear out my skin. I get breakouts but, I estimate if I keep doing this treatment I might get clear for 2 months or so.

I think you need the right treatment that would easy on your skin.

(This is my method:

Try to treat the whole skin by not preventing any irritation. Use Tea Tree Oil to tread active pimples. )

I still trying this regimen that I made.

So, I will keep you posted.

Hi....I have EXTREMELY oily skin.  After two hours after washing, my face is like an oil slick, and i can see droplets of oil forming on my nose.  I make sure that i don't wash with a harsh soap or wash too frequently too agravate my oil glands, but nothing helps.  I have a healthy diet, exercise often, and drink a tonne of water.  I've been on accutane a couple of times, which worked great while i was on it, but afterwards, the oil came back,  and so did the acne.  I wouldn't even care so much about the acne i have, it's mild to moderate, but i am so self concious about the oil.  Any thoughts? HELP me please!!!!

I have the same problem as you have. How old are you?

By The Way: b5  works..it will kill your oil production ...mybee not fully but 50% minimum...  10g per day you must take. I quit because it is very exprenssive.

Mad ID,

I've tried B5 for about 4 months but it didn't seem to do anything aswell....and very expensive (money down the drain cry.gif )

I'm 25 and have had extremely oily skin since grade 9.

I have the exact same problem its terrible. I thought B5 was gonna be the cure but Ive been using it for two months now with no results. I dont know what else to try now. I just cant believe there isnt something to treat this type of thing cuz it doesnt seem like it would be a difficult thing to treat. I thought that was the purpose of the B5 treatment but nothin has come from it

B5 and SA should do a good job together, since SA does cut through oil and help reduce dead skin cells, someone should try it? Probably already have but, you got my 3 cents.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

I have the exact same problem its terrible. I thought B5 was gonna be the cure but Ive been using it for two months now with no results. I dont know what else to try now. I just cant believe there isnt something to treat this type of thing cuz it doesnt seem like it would be a difficult thing to treat. I thought that was the purpose of the B5 treatment but nothin has come from it

I decided to see a doctor. First thing next week.

I think we al have some kind of hormonal inbalance that can('t) bee cured...I hope so..  Of course I will let you know.

i always speak from experience, ive asked doctors if retin-a will even out my skin tone, the most simple question n they dont know shit sometimes..

doctors r only good for prescriptions to clear up acne, while u figure out a regimen and diet that works.

i always speak from experience, ive asked doctors if retin-a will even out my skin tone, the most simple question n they dont know shit sometimes..

doctors r only good for prescriptions to clear up acne, while u figure out a regimen and diet that works.

I've never had oily skin before, but probably like 5 months ago I started getting blackheads and an oil nose. that's the one thing that really gets oily, foruneatly. unfortuneatly I can't get the blackheads out of the side of my nose, and I can't find a way to keep my nose dry but not irritated (I have tried SA and retin-a, B5 is too expensive)

Hi....I have EXTREMELY oily skin.  After two hours after washing, my face is like an oil slick, and i can see droplets of oil forming on my nose.  I make sure that i don't wash with a harsh soap or wash too frequently too agravate my oil glands, but nothing helps.  I have a healthy diet, exercise often, and drink a tonne of water.  I've been on accutane a couple of times, which worked great while i was on it, but afterwards, the oil came back,  and so did the acne.  I wouldn't even care so much about the acne i have, it's mild to moderate, but i am so self concious about the oil.  Any thoughts? HELP me please!!!!

i tried the sulfur mask...and it didn't help at all, surprise surprise! omg i use about 20, that's right twen-ty of those oil absorbing sheets every day, it's so freaking crazy. i don't know why the b5 is doing absolutely nothing...i've tried everything that's supposed to control oil and it never does! how can i be resistant to every single product in acne-dom?? if i wore a stuuupid mask 24 hours a day...theeeen...maybe that would be the end of it all! unfortunately sarcasm isn't beneficial for my issues as far as i can tell, so if you guys have any other suggestions (although there is a 99.9% chance i've already tried it) i would like to hear!

you know, as crazy as this sounds, have you tried the cetaphil sensitive skin bar? not the antibacterial bar. give it a shot if you haven't, it's like $4. i have ridiculously oily skin (same as you- two hours after washing..) , i've tried so many masks and cleansers... did nothing to help the oil. if i wash with the bar 2x a day, just rub the lather on my face for like 45 seconds and wash off with freezing (important!) cold water, my face is normal for six hours. i just use one of those blotter sheets mid-day. i don't get it, but that's what works for me.

do you even have oily skin?  just because your dermatologist can't clear up your acne that doesn't mean an endocrinologist can't find out what is causing oily skin.

you know, as crazy as this sounds, have you tried the cetaphil sensitive skin bar? not the antibacterial bar. give it a shot if you haven't, it's like $4. i have ridiculously oily skin (same as you- two hours after washing..) , i've tried so many masks and cleansers... did nothing to help the oil. if i wash with the bar 2x a day, just rub the lather on my face for like 45 seconds and wash off with freezing (important!) cold water, my face is normal for six hours. i just use one of those blotter sheets mid-day. i don't get it, but that's what works for me.

Hazelnut66 please post your results here on this topic ass soon you try that.

I will se an endocrinologist next weeks and of cours tell you everthing about it.

I hope we can fight this working together !!

Monitor this topic !