garlic shaving

3 replies to this topic

#1 legendmaking

legendmaking

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:45 PM

I am relatively new to the post, and have found a problem with shaving. Besides opening up pimples, shavinging with a non-electric razor seems to create red bumps in the shaving area. Is it possible that once I have developed a full grown beard (right now it is very thin) that I will no longer have acne in those areas. Other than where I have facial hair, my face is relatively clear.

Some of these posts pose ridiculous ideas yet for me the solution to acne ( what has mitigated my acne), has been a bulb of garlic, and cup of water with lemon a day. Grapefruit juice also seems to work wonder. Also interestingly enough I find that wine and vodka help clear my face. I dont dring these two in excessive amounts, only about one glass of wine a day.

#2 The_Iceman

The_Iceman

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:14 PM

I don't think grown out facial hair will help your acne more than just covering some of it up.

Shaving is a real pain in the ass-- and sometimes it hurts and/or leaves my skin really dry afterwards. I finally just bought a nice electric razor; now there's no mess and no irritation. I'd highly recommend an electric if you're willing to settle for a slightly less close shave everyday.

#3 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 08:17 AM

Electric is the way to go for me. I will a spot every once in a while with my electric, but nothing compared to the irritation and breakouts I got when I used regular razors.
"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."
- Abraham Lincoln

#4 chitown77

chitown77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 11:06 PM

I have used manual and electric razor, and use to break out with both. I have found a great shaving regimen now. I used a pre-hsave oil by Art of Shaving. I apply this generously to my face, then I use shaving cream, also by Art of Shaving, to cover my skin. I only have with down strokes, and never over an area more than once or twice. Be gentle with the razor. After, shaving, I wash my face with an cleanser by Anthony Logistics (contains 2% SA) to remove the oil from my skin. After shaving and rinsing, I pat dry, and while my skin is still moist, I apply an oil-free moisturizer. My skin has never looked so good. This regimen will take your skin a couple of weeks to really adjust to it, but it works for me. I used to break out all the time, and shaving really aggrevated my acne, with electric and with manual. This method seems to work the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users