Photo

Goodbye and good riddance

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:01 PM

I've had it with this message board. I'm removing www.acne.org from my browser's list of links. Too many are entertained by BenKweller's childish antics, and mature, educated people are treated with ridicule and disdain. Furthermore, the moderators fail to enforce the rules. I have better things to do with my time, so I'm leaving this board to the adolescents.

#2 Guest_OnlyJoe_*

Guest_OnlyJoe_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:07 PM

bye bye stevie

#3 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE(SteveBrown @ Jan 4 2005, 02:01 PM)
I've had it with this message board. I'm removing www.acne.org from my browser's list of links. Too many are entertained by BenKweller's childish antics, and mature, educated people are treated with ridicule and disdain. Furthermore, the moderators fail to enforce the rules. I have better things to do with my time, so I'm leaving this board to the adolescents.

View Post

Man, that sucks. I always thought your posts were good reads.

#4 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:41 PM

I agree with SteveLewis. I did enjoy your knowledge of good dieting.

#5 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:52 PM

You think of yourself as mature, educated person correct? Yet your letting a deviot beat you down with words. Is bens comments so hurtful you can't stand to face a little critcism, this happened a while back between us 2 you went into a similar tantrum. Now i mean no disrespect as ive grown to respect your posts regardless of weather i agree but really coming from my side you need to be able to handle criticism a little better because boy if you let an internet kid who has no intention but to start debate get to you, then how you going to be in reality.

The forum doesn't revolve around disrepectful people unless you choose it to be so.

#6 The Jack

The Jack

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:02 PM

You’re overreacting Steve. One of the reason you got so many replies - some good others not so good - was that rather a lot of people were reading your posts. These web message boards are what they are, and at times they are a bit of a free for all. I’ve been on others and it took me a while to get used to them. I left one once in a huff myself. Two things help me keep an even keel when I use them. 1. I always look around for someone who has a serious question or problem that I think I can answer, and I try to answer it. 2. I remember that I am not obligated to respond to anyone.
You do a disservice to the people who responded favorably to you, when you tell them all to go whistle. So come back one and a while, read a post or two, and when one inspires you to unearth some long lost acne knowledge, please share it with us.

#7 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

$20 says he'll be back... Then we'll have a hypocrite.

<3 Steve <3

#8 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

Palestine & USA: my love

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Jan 4 2005, 06:49 PM)
$20 says he'll be back... Then we'll have a hypocrite.

<3 Steve <3

View Post

just give it up... your little one-sentence remarks get more stupid everytime. It'd be much better if you didn't act like a jerk all the time, either... then we might actually like you.
Salam!

"Beside the fire, as the wood burns black, A laughing dancer in veils of light, Whose dance transforms the darkness to gold". ---Abu Abd Allah ben Abi-l-Khisal, excerpt from The Serpent of the Nile by Buonaventura

N otable
A ffectionate
D edicated
I ntellectual
Y oung
A rticulate
H onorable

The soft tanned flesh: it curves like waves upon a sea
Undulate and moving hips,
Arabic music playing, drums beat.
Adorned in beauty from head to feet.
Family and friends...
they are all looking at me!
I hope my dancing never ends
as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

If you could see it then you'd understand - Coldplay

#9 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 03:54 PM

It's not my goal to be liked -- I just enjoy when I'm right.

#10 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Jan 5 2005, 04:54 PM)
It's not my goal to be liked -- I just enjoy when I'm right.

View Post

So sad that you have to get enjoyment out of that... I'm guessing it's your only means of enjoyment anyway, so please continue. rolleyes.gif
Salam!

"Beside the fire, as the wood burns black, A laughing dancer in veils of light, Whose dance transforms the darkness to gold". ---Abu Abd Allah ben Abi-l-Khisal, excerpt from The Serpent of the Nile by Buonaventura

N otable
A ffectionate
D edicated
I ntellectual
Y oung
A rticulate
H onorable

Family and friends...
as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

#11 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 04:48 PM

lookie here, there is a button where you can block certain users, I am not sure where it is though.

But from the sounds of it, many people benefited from your posts, it would be silly to leave if you don't want to

Byz

#12 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:41 PM

I come here in the hopes of finding useful advice on treating acne, and to share any useful advice I might have. I'm not interested in making internet buddies. I've read enough of Ben's posts to know that as soon as he enters a thread, it's no longer worth reading, as they just become insanely petty arguments that I'm not interested in. Of course, there are a lot of posts here not worth reading. I quit reading them as soon as I discern they are of no help to my acne situation.
Think about why you come here. Is it to help you figure out a way to deal with your acne, or is it to exchange childish antics with some dude who has way too much time on his hands and thinks he is doing us all a favor by telling us over and over again his tired, pathetic arguments which are sometimes right, usually wrong, and always extremely closed-minded and rude.
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#13 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE(cjb @ Jan 5 2005, 07:41 PM)
I come here in the hopes of finding useful advice on treating acne, and to share any useful advice I might have.  I'm not interested in making internet buddies.  I've read enough of Ben's posts to know that as soon as he enters a thread, it's no longer worth reading, as they just become insanely petty arguments that I'm not interested in.  Of course, there are a lot of posts here not worth reading.  I quit reading them as soon as I discern they are of no help to my acne situation.
Think about why you come here.  Is it to help you figure out a way to deal with your acne, or is it to exchange childish antics with some dude who has way too much time on his hands and thinks he is doing us all a favor by telling us over and over again his tired, pathetic arguments which are sometimes right, usually wrong, and always extremely closed-minded and rude.

View Post

Yeah, you made a really good point. eusa_clap.gif
Salam!

N otable
A ffectionate
D edicated
I ntellectual
Y oung
A rticulate
H onorable

Family and friends...
as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

#14 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 10:12 PM

huzzah, the voice of reason. Please, lack of anal talk, and more helpful stuff!

#15 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:48 PM

wacko.gif
Salam!

N otable
A ffectionate
D edicated
I ntellectual
Y oung
A rticulate
H onorable

Family and friends...