Photo

How to combine foods and make a whole meal?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 12:20 PM

Since my mom is not willing to help me, noone actually is, and I cant come up with my own recipes i keep eating all these good foods seperately which of course is not filling at all. I hope i can come to the point where i can combine everything and make one whole meal out of it instead of ''veggie & fruit snacks''

hope someone can help me, thanks
"We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature."

#2 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Acne.org - the pinnacle of mans achievement is to visit this place!<br /><br />Health and fitness<br /><br />Ma sexy body<br /><br />Hollistic alternatives to health<br /><br />Vagina<br /><br />Boobies<br /><br />Research on anything and everything!<br /><br />Running!<br /><br />My family, they are like the simpsons but i love them so!<br /><br />Making fun of Old Man :)<br /><br />On a final note, anything and everything that makes me a better person is a passion i cannot live without, as furthering ones self brings one closer to becoming complete.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:15 PM

Lol im in your boat, if you find some good recipes that dont include dairly, soy, or gluten containing foods or virtually any food that is 'white' let me know badgrin.gif

mm actually shirleys wellness cafe might have some, dunno her site is big and im to lazy to search it but shes a big fan on eating the right foods.

#3 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:37 PM

Here's one meal I use a lot.

Steamed chicken with salt-free dried spices,herbs flax/sesame seeds on top with wheat-free hoisin sauce
Steamed Brussel sprouts
Bowl of romaine lettuce, some carrots and fruit(pink grapefruit, papaya, apples, kiwi)

#4 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 07:22 AM

I often eat a steamed chicken with steamed peas and gluten/wheat free pasta.
Anyone got any other?

Tom
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#5 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE(WindWaker* @ Jan 5 2005, 08:22 AM)
I often eat a steamed chicken with steamed peas and gluten/wheat free pasta.
Anyone got any other?

Tom

View Post

I usually have steamed/sauteed meat with steamed/sauteed or microwaved (frozen) veggie and salad. (steamed/sauteed = I threw meat in the electric skillet, added half a cup or so of water (and various spices and/or minced garlic and/or ginger infused oil and/or marinade/vinegar, etc), threw the lid on, and let it sit for 5-10 minutes).

ps - if the meat is salmon, it also gets doused w/ bearnaisse sauce (from a packet...add butter and cream/milk to packet contents on stove and heat,stir...yeah..i know..it's not the healthiest, but it's really yummy).
99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)
---------------------------
Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution
3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)
Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night
CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation
* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)
Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

#6 U s e r n a m e

U s e r n a m e

Palestine & USA: my love

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2005 - 03:05 PM

Salmon is supposed to be really good for acne since it has zinc in it. How about lamb? You can make shish-kabobs with lamb meat and vegetables. If you want to eat healthy I'd suggest looking into Mediterranean/Middle Eastern cookbooks and stuff. smile.gif
Salam!

"Beside the fire, as the wood burns black, A laughing dancer in veils of light, Whose dance transforms the darkness to gold". ---Abu Abd Allah ben Abi-l-Khisal, excerpt from The Serpent of the Nile by Buonaventura

N otable
A ffectionate
D edicated
I ntellectual
Y oung
A rticulate
H onorable

The soft tanned flesh: it curves like waves upon a sea
Undulate and moving hips,
Arabic music playing, drums beat.
Adorned in beauty from head to feet.
Family and friends...