Photo

Anybody confort eat?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 11:33 AM

I eat junk food when i am stressed about my face and then i breakout the next couple of days eusa_wall.gif, I look in the mirror and then head straight for the fridge, lol eusa_boohoo.gif.

My question is, what foods are ok to eat as a snack for when i want to eat eat eat for comfort, lol. Things like what types of nuts etc etc.

EDIT: oops, spelling mistake on the title.

Thanks alot for any help,
Tom

#2 Funk

Funk

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:58 PM

Hi Tom...

I have a munchie problem too wink.gif

I bought dried fruit to snack on...dried apples are my favs!

Also buy a variety of fruits like bananas, apples, blueberries, raspberries...When you get the urge to snack grab a piece of fruit and it should kill the snack attack feel...

Also nuts are great, I like glazed walnuts much better but they may cause some people to break out due to the sugar...if so get the non glazed ones.

Another great snack is raisins...and the little carrots are great too and packed with vitamin A and Odwalla carrot juice is really good too

Hope this helps...anyone have any other snack ideas?

#3 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE(Funk @ Jan 4 2005, 12:58 PM)
Hi Tom...

I have a munchie problem too  wink.gif

I bought dried fruit to snack on...dried apples are my favs!

Also buy a variety of fruits like bananas, apples, blueberries, raspberries...When you get the urge to snack grab a piece of fruit and it should kill the snack attack feel...

Also nuts are great, I like glazed walnuts much better but they may cause some people to break out due to the sugar...if so get the non glazed ones.

Another great snack is raisins...and the little carrots are great too and packed with vitamin A and Odwalla carrot juice is really good too

Hope this helps...anyone have any other snack ideas?

View Post

Nuts are problematic for me seemingly causing breakouts on my cheek if I eat them in large numbers so I tend to stay away.

Personally, I usually snack on some sunflower seeds mixed with flax seeds and sesame seeds.

I also like certain low/med GI fruit like Apples, Papaya or Pink Grapefruit.

#4 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:49 PM

Hey funk,
lol, when i grab something to eat,i just seem to forget all my troubles lol.gif.
Thx alot for the snack ideas, all i really eat is apples so i will get different fruit for a change. Ummm i love walnuts and i really like cashews too but when i get a packet of them they are gone in 5 mins lol.
Never tried dired fruit before eusa_think.gif, i must try them.

Any one else got any other snack ideas?
Thx,
Tom

#5 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Jan 4 2005, 08:45 PM)
Nuts are problematic for me seemingly causing breakouts on my cheek if I eat them in large numbers so I tend to stay away.

Personally, I usually snack on some sunflower seeds mixed with flax seeds and sesame seeds.

I also like certain low/med GI fruit like Apples, Papaya or Pink Grapefruit.

View Post

shock.gif I really love cashews aswell cry.gif. I will have to change them for the seeds.
I love apples but todays apples are often grown with more sugar and they are coated with wax etc unless you buy the organic sort.

Thx for the ideas,
Tom

#6 DodoStain

DodoStain

I'm so cool.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:50 PM

Twinkies.

#7 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:54 PM

Food doesn't cause your breakouts. Don't stress over your current acne and you'll never have a problem.

#8 ritzvin

ritzvin

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 01:01 PM

my best advice is to do something else to keep active so you don't eat out of boredom/stress. Go for a walk/jog/hike/etc instead. If you're busy out of the house, you won't have the impulse eating problem. Exercise also helps ease stress.

Another option is to just not keep junk food (or anything else that's too quick to eat) int he house.

#9 lovely

lovely

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 02:12 PM

Just a note about dried fruit...I just read "The Clear Skin Prescription" by Dr. Perricone, and dried fruit is on the list of foods to avoid, because they cause inflamation. I don't know if it's true or not because I hate dried fruit, but a lot of the stuff in the book makes sense. Just thought I'd share...

#10 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 January 2005 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(lovely @ Jan 7 2005, 01:12 PM)
Just a note about dried fruit...I just read "The Clear Skin Prescription" by Dr. Perricone, and dried fruit is on the list of foods to avoid, because they cause inflamation. I don't know if it's true or not because I hate dried fruit, but a lot of the stuff in the book makes sense. Just thought I'd share...

View Post

I'd avoid dried fruit just because they're so high in sugar and lose some of the vitamins and fiber present in fresh apples. Just stick to the fresh stuff if you can, it's always better for you.