Photo

A cut and paste job!

red mark makeup oily skin

3 replies to this topic

#1 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Acne.org - the pinnacle of mans achievement is to visit this place!<br /><br />Health and fitness<br /><br />Ma sexy body<br /><br />Hollistic alternatives to health<br /><br />Vagina<br /><br />Boobies<br /><br />Research on anything and everything!<br /><br />Running!<br /><br />My family, they are like the simpsons but i love them so!<br /><br />Making fun of Old Man :)<br /><br />On a final note, anything and everything that makes me a better person is a passion i cannot live without, as furthering ones self brings one closer to becoming complete.

Posted 03 January 2005 - 01:16 AM

Well i know some of you strongly disagree with some of my ideas however the one thing i will persist on is h202, ill paste the whole thread from another acne board. Mind you i use it and my face is completely clear, bordering on flawless.

---------------

monminkellan04-19-2004, 11:16 PM
This is the technique no dermatoligist or acne lotion creator would want you to know about! It's $0.60 a bottle and has completely cleared me up! I use it as a toner morning and night. It can sting a bit and give you an itchy type feeling till it dries (about two minutes) but that has subsided for me now. I've been using it three weeks. I think it's just at the beginning when your face is getting used to it. Always moisturize after it dries! I've had no drying what so ever. I use Origins moisturizer. I just went off my antibiotics after they quit working. I was on them for two years. Also was using Tretinoin cream. I liked it but it seemed to make me oiler. I figured this out after I quit using it. I will use it occasionally because it's been proven as an anti-aging cream as well! :-) If you want I'm sure you could dillute the peroxide with a bit of water. Please research acne+Hydrogen Peroxide on the net and you will find sites that verify what I am saying. If you do get a pimple or two. Using the peroxide will dry them up and they will be completely gone in two to three days! I'm not joking! I wish I could shout this from the rooftops! I am also taking Evening Primrose oil because it is supposed to balance out the hormones! Which is what acne is from. Hormones trigger sebum which then mixes with bacteria (hence peroxide which is an antiseptic) and then flakes of skin help clog pores.....then you get the pimples! So please try this! I would love to hear your success stories as well! Good luck!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

moe212104-19-2004, 11:55 PM
hmm interesting. so would you wash your face in the morning and night and then apply the hydrogen peroxide then mosturize?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monminkellan04-20-2004, 09:57 AM
Yes! I use Noxema, the kind that has Tricolosan (sp) in it. It's an antibacterial agent. Then after the shower I use a cottonball to apply the peroxide. I wait about two minutes until the peroxide dries and then apply my moisturizer. I do this morning and night! Gals can apply makeup right over moisturizer! I'm telling you, it works! And like I said, if you do get a breakout, I am betting it will be so mild (only a few pimples) and by applying the peroxide they are gone in a matter of two to three days! Mine have been tiny whiteheads and by using the peroxide they are gone in a day. So with more cystic acne it could reasonably take three days or so! I'm not scientist, but this works!!! Check the net!!! You'll find a few sites that say the same! Good luck!

jenna104-28-2004, 12:21 PM
I've been suffering from acne since I was 13 (I'm now 30) and have tried everything under the sun to help control my hormonal acne so I was interested in this topic. I've added hydrogen peroxide to my regimen and so far have noticed a vast improvement in one week. I wash with cetaphil gentle skin clenser, swab my face with the peroxide, then moisturize with cetaphil facial moisturizer, since the peroxide is drying, and my pimples are clearing up.

I also have to add that since switching to cetaphil as my clenser, my skin has never looked, or felt better!!

Thank you for the info monminkellan smile.gif

siren304-28-2004, 10:15 PM
Hydrogen peroxide will cause free-radical damage to your skin. I know it destroys bacteria, but pretty soon it will destroy your skin as well. It is only meant to be used on wounds, but not on skin for a long period of time. Please consider that, because this is why it is not recommeded by anyone for skincare. Your pimples may go away, but wrinkles and dry damaged skin (that a moisturizer cannot prevent or correct) will start to set in over time . Sorry if I sound negative, I just don't want you to destroy your skin.

AussieSpirit05-01-2004, 08:45 AM
siren3,

I have been beginning to question the use of these products in skincare.

I've been using Benzac AC (which has Peroxide as one of it's ingredients) which works very well when I put it all over my face, but I've been wondering what the long term affects may be.

Since starting the contraceptive pill Yasmin (which has had half good results for me) I stopped my daily Benzac AC "whole face" routine and just used it every so often. Usually after my period to clean up "the mess" my hormones create.

They say that having oily skin means that your skin won't be as wrinkly when you get older, however won't putting all these chemicals (with peroxide) onto your skin dry it out just as though you had dry skin anyway?

siren305-01-2004, 07:14 PM
siren3,

I have been beginning to question the use of these products in skincare.

I've been using Benzac AC (which has Peroxide as one of it's ingredients) which works very well when I put it all over my face, but I've been wondering what the long term affects may be.

Since starting the contraceptive pill Yasmin (which has had half good results for me) I stopped my daily Benzac AC "whole face" routine and just used it every so often. Usually after my period to clean up "the mess" my hormones create.

They say that having oily skin means that your skin won't be as wrinkly when you get older, however won't putting all these chemicals (with peroxide) onto your skin dry it out just as though you had dry skin anyway?

Yes, I think no matter how oily your skin is, it cannot protect it against harsh chemicals that weren't meant to be used on the skin for so long. smile.gif

Steam05-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Hi, I just wanted to say that people have recommended me hydrogen proixide , but i dont know if i should use it....iam currently using clearasil. and drinking alot of water. any other tips to clear up acne, and if i masterbate does that give me acne ? cause everyone says masterbating ...creates more acne on the face ?

marlene1205-01-2004, 07:46 PM
[QUOTE=monminkellan]This is the technique no dermatoligist or acne lotion creator would want you to know about! It's $0.60 a bottle and has completely cleared me up! I use it as a toner morning and night. It can sting a bit and give you an itchy type feeling till it dries (about two minutes) but that has subsided for me now.

Hi monminkellan - I'm happy HP has helped you. And, believe me, I've had ongoing skin problems so I don't want to burst your bubble. Fact is, it is very harmful to your skin. The stinging is telling you it's actually irritating your skin. There are studies on it's use, especially long term.

Sincerely,

marlene

AussieSpirit05-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Steam that sounds like an old wives tale!

monminkellan05-04-2004, 12:41 PM
Hi guys! I really appreciate your concern. I have done research on this topic, as well as consulting with my dr. and I have no worries. There is actually a website on hydrogen peroxide and it's benefits. It actually restores your skins acidity levels as well as being an antiseptic. My mom has been using it for years and years and has no problems. The stinging feeling I'm sure is the skin going....woah, new thing on me! I hardly have any stinging any longer as my face is now used to the new product. By the way, has anyone tried Neutrogena's toner! OUCHHHH!!! That stuff hurt me so badly and caused my whole face to be beet red. So I really don't think the hydrogen peroxide is any more damaging than some of the acne medications out there right now. As for the free radical damage........that is brought on by things in the air such as exhaust etc. I use Origins products for my moisturizer plus one of their products called "A Perfect World" which is for free racical protection. Thank you again for your input and concern. For those of you trying peroxide and having a great result, don't be scared by some of this talk. Do your own research!! Nothing is going to happen! Also, as far as aging goes. 90% of that is genetic as well. And if you are moisturizing after you use the peroxide then you are fine. To be honest, my face has acclamated so well that a few days ago I forgot to moisturize. I wasn't dry at all. If you notice peeling etc. then use it every other day. I haven't had a BIT of dryness. When I use my Tretinoin cream I peel like crazy! So please don't let a few comments worry you guys!! Best of luck! Sorry it took so long for me to respond! I'll check back again soon!

AnitaPita05-10-2004, 05:22 PM
I decided to try this...surprisingly, after all my years with acne I have never tried hydrogen peroxide. I have been on LOTS of prescription topicals and antibiotics in addition to Proactiv and everything else under the sun. My skin has really cleared over the last year or so, but in my mid twenties I had alot of painful cysts. I have this one on my cheek that occasionally flares up even now. It is right in the middle of my cheek on the left side. Well it flared up about 4-6 weeks ago...I have applied peroxide to it after washing for the last 3 days. The cyst is pretty much gone now. So today I applied it to another cyst on the other side, closer to my ear. I have already noticed it seems to be shrinking. Those are about the only two acne on my face at this time but it seems to have worked great! I wanted to thank the person that posted this topic! smile.gif

UPDATE: I've been sitting here at work all day. I just looked in the mirror for the first time since this morning. The cyst now has what appears to be a small head and sort of a crust around it (sorry, I know thats gross) The way a cyst looks when it is drying up. I dont doubt that the cyst is STILL there. It was not "extracted". But it is pretty much gone for now. I dont know about the free radical damage that was talked about earlier in the post..but if this keeps my cysts away..I dont mind applying the peroxide every now and then when they come up. I don't know about using it on the whole face...I have not tried that as I only have a couple cysts right now.

Neca05-10-2004, 06:01 PM
Anita I have heard that H2O2 fights acne effectively however it does have several drawbacks which can vary from person to person. Can I ask if you have noticed any bleaching or changing in tone of your skin since using the Hydrogen Peroxide, thanks?

Hope it clears up those cysts without any problems, good luck!

AnitaPita05-11-2004, 09:40 AM
Neca,
I applied the peroxide again this morning. The cyst is now a flat red mark. I also applied to another cyst on the other side, it is still a hard knot and painful to touch, but it is smaller. I have not noticed any skin discoloration but this is only my 4th day of using peroxide. I have not had any drying either but my skin is pretty oily. I have an olive skintone and Ive got somewhat of a tan right now. I am going to keep using it on these two spots to see what happens and Ill let you know the results. Hopefully I wont end up with a lighter spot in the middle of my cheek :eek:

Neca05-11-2004, 10:29 AM
Anita, sounds like it is working very well. I'm glad to hear that. To get a cyst to shrink that quickly is impressive! Having an olive tone and being tanned will make it much easier to tell if you experience any skin discolouration therefore you can stop using the H2O2 before it becomes really distinct. As you are only using it as spot treatment I'm sure you will be fine. By the way, what strength H2O2 are you using as I have seen 3% as the recommended amount? Thanks again.

joeh05-11-2004, 10:43 AM
most premature aging is due to sun damage.people with oily skin tend do get less wrinkles than normal skinned people.well its the lower layers of the skin where the sebasious glands are sensative to androgens.i was using benzoyl peroxide on my skin for a couple of years and my skin was really taking a beating and looking old.i never used hydrogen preoxide on my skin.topicals do for the most part seem to dry the skin but your sebasious glands keep producing more.other than balancing your hormones by diet or using accutane to shrink the oil glands or lasers to alter the oil glands or anti-androgens this includes bc pills i dont know any other thing that can reduce oil production.i guess almost everything you do to combat acne has its risks!

anna-bananna05-11-2004, 10:46 AM
I know that it may sound crazy but have any of you tried Urine theropy, where yes you actually apple the urine to your face, some people say that it really works. It worked for me in the area that I applied it on. If any one is interester go to the herpes board and do a search on urine theropy. Hope this is not too out there for some of you. :bouncing:

monminkellan05-13-2004, 01:33 AM
HI everyone! I am the original "post-er" girl of this thread! I am so happy to hear that others are using hydrogen peroxide and seeing the amazing benefits that I am. I've been using it now for about two months! I am acne free for the most part. I still get a few pimples right before that time of the month, but that is it! And I was breaking out like crazy before the peroxide. O.k. to address some questions:

I totally agree that there are some pretty crazy acne treatments out there that are tremendously damaging to the skin. I used Neutrogena benzoyl peroxide treatment and I looked like an old lady on my jaw line and neck!

My mom has been using peroxide on her nose for years! The only bleaching that occurs with peroxide is that your blackheads aren't as noticable! That's a good thing! You do need to be careful of your eyebrows as mine have lightened. I was being a dope though and in my excitement of this product just swiping it all over my face. Now I just avoid the eyebrows! :-) As for discoloration of the skin........none that I have noticed in my mom or myself, and again, my mom has used it for years. Think of this. If you dye your hair and get some of the dye on your skin, it comes off, and that is DYE!!!

As for free radical damage. Nope! All I can say is do your research on what free radicals are, what causes them etc. etc. [ removed ] I use it twice a day ALL OVER MY FACE (minus those eyebrows) and have been doing so for a couple of months now. I experienced drying for a couple of days last week because I used my tretinoin cream with it. So I wouldn't reccommend any creams. Unless you have already tried yours and you were fine. With the peroxide itself.....absolutely no drying. As for comments about the stinging, it is new to your face and if you have pimples on your face that stinging is the peroxide cleaning the abrasions. Just like it stings when pouring it over a cut. It's killing germs!

So congrats to those of you who are using it and having success! I can't tell you how excited I was to share this info with people. I stumbled across it and it has made a HUGE difference in my life! I'll check back again soon! Hope to see more great stories!

--------------

I really am in love with peroxide smile.gif and yes i do think their is a conspiracy against its use. It'd bring the whole skincare/dermatolgy/pharmesutical industry to its knees if the truth ever got out.

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 January 2005 - 03:58 PM

Use it -- the problem is that it causes amazing skin damage over time.

#3 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Acne.org - the pinnacle of mans achievement is to visit this place!<br /><br />Health and fitness<br /><br />Ma sexy body<br /><br />Hollistic alternatives to health<br /><br />Vagina<br /><br />Boobies<br /><br />Research on anything and everything!<br /><br />Running!<br /><br />My family, they are like the simpsons but i love them so!<br /><br />Making fun of Old Man :)<br /><br />On a final note, anything and everything that makes me a better person is a passion i cannot live without, as furthering ones self brings one closer to becoming complete.

Posted 04 January 2005 - 01:20 AM

I do see a problem with h202 i admit. Its action of healing is what scares people and the differant volumes out there that some uneducated people use harm themselves and then with the government backed reports and people like you, this products true theraputic value will stay supressed for a long, long time. The people who use the correct concentration are enjoying clear skin no matter how bad there acne.

Prehaps h202 is just a lost cause for all but those who think outside the square and fairry nuff, i wouldnt expect anything less from the masses. Heaven forbid anyone actually use their own brain, do their own research from its chemical structure, to the pathways of the body to its mode of action once inside the dermis.

Heres an interesting thought which would relate to everyone on the site. Oxygen is the main player in collagen synthesis and a host of other regenerative properties inside the skin, hence all the veins and blood vessels in the face. Note how when peoples skin starts going bad thats the veins etc become more pronounced? Thats the body dilating blood vessels to increase blood supply to bring in more oxygen to repair the skin.

Heres another thought, the pus inside acne is dead white blood cells specifilly phagocytes, phagocytes operate by way of consuming oxygen at a vastly increased rate and prodycing hydrogen peroxide and other enzymes to destroy foreign invaders. The technical name is the 'respitory burst' . Without it you will be a bubble boy.

Obviously nature knows best, but i guess in your case Ben, profiteering knows best.

Happy new year Ben.

#4 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

Profiteering knows best? Since I know Dove soap and water is expensive, it's no wonder I promote them.

Peace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users