Photo

VITAMIN A CURES

vitamin vitamins vitamin a

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

#21 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 02:43 AM

I say this in all sincerity: please do not poison yourselves. The maximun recommended dose of vitamin A is 5000 International Units. 500,000 IU is 100 times the maximum recommended dose. In another thread on this message board, I read about experiments done on monkeys by mad scientists, demonstrating the horrible effects of vitamin A toxicity. The monkeys died lingering, painful deaths.

I think it would be better and safer to eat large quantities of foods rich in carotenes, such as broccoli and carrots. After eating a few too many raisins, dates, and blueberries, I developed a superficial zit on Saturday, a whitehead which I left alone and it washed off on Sunday. On Monday, the red spot was healing rapidly and alreadly starting to fade. I credit my diet, which is high in carotenes, for the relatively clear skin and rapid healing.

#22 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 04:06 PM

I didnt want say anything further but Steve pointed out some decent issues that you need to consider. If vitamin A does it for you and you don't care about the side effects, great! However all vitamins need other carrier minerals and enzymes and a range of components before they get properly used in the body. Point being no matter how much VIT-A for example you take, if your lacking other components your body can't use it.

http://www.thedoctor...cles/index.html - Good read, hit the chapter on ascorbic acid.

Anything in excess, even water can kill you, 500,000 iu of vitamin-A imo is dangerous, way in excess of natural but then again i wouldnt trust a government backed scientific study as far as i could throw it proving to the contrary.

#23 drummerman

drummerman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE(hunter04j @ Jan 2 2005, 09:11 PM)
because its cheaper, and i don't need a perscription, not everybody can be a rich boy like you

View Post

How the hell are you supposed to know then how fucked ur liver is if it even gets to that point? Why the fuck do you think they monitor triglycerides and all that on accutane?

#24 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 06:54 PM

how much is the dose in milligrams?

#25 strawberries

strawberries

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes