Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is lots of sun good for acne?

4 posts in this topic

I was on vacation recently and I got a lot of sun. I mean about 6 hours a day or so of just laying out in the sun. Aftar about 2 days I noticed my acne was signifigantly reducted. 2 days later it was 100% clear! You couldn't even see the red marks because I had a good tan. Is this due to the UV rays killing off the bacteria? Has anybody ever had any expierences with sunlight helping kill of your acne? or is this just in my head? BTW now that I'm back home and not in the sun it's coming back sad.gif

I was on vacation recently and I got a lot of sun.  I mean about 6 hours a day or so of just laying out in the sun.  Aftar about 2 days I noticed my acne was signifigantly reducted.  2 days later it was 100% clear!  You couldn't even see the red marks because I had a good tan.  Is this due to the UV rays killing off the bacteria?  Has anybody ever had any expierences with sunlight helping kill of your acne?  or is this just in my head?  BTW now that I'm back home and not in the sun it's coming back  sad.gif

Yeah every summer when I go on hols my acne always clears up signifiacantly but never fully - as we only stay for a week in those hot destinations.

UV rays kill all that bacteria in your your skin, and the drying of your skin could reduce oil but that doesn't have a lot to do with it..... just the UV rays

not too mention that the tan practcally hides/improves the appearance of red marks! great, huh?

well it's all temporary sad.gif not only do uv rays kill the bacteria, but they damage your skin, even if you don't get sunburnt. healing skin is much more susceptible to breakouts, so when you finally get out of the sun, you're likely to break out.

but its not all bad, just wear a good, high spf, non-comodogenic sunscreen