3 replies to this topic

#1 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me
  • Interests:I have some intrests, but not much free time. I attend uni and am majoring in physical therapy. I take my studies pretty seriousally, I'm very competitive, and borderline OCD about my grades. Currently I work 2 jobs in order to pay for school and other bills.<br /><br />In my free time I enjoy reading, bodybuilding, watching sports (football, baseball, and boxing are my favorites), and other things normal people do.<br /><br />I live a fairly health lifestyle. I'm picky about what I eat, some people even call me a health food junkie. <br /><br />I have 2 cats and 2 dogs for pets, I have pics of the cats, but not the dogs yet. If you want to add me to your contact list on AIM or MSN go for it, add me as a friend here if you like. I'm very open, friendly, and easy going.

Posted 01 January 2005 - 06:47 AM

I was on vacation recently and I got a lot of sun. I mean about 6 hours a day or so of just laying out in the sun. Aftar about 2 days I noticed my acne was signifigantly reducted. 2 days later it was 100% clear! You couldn't even see the red marks because I had a good tan. Is this due to the UV rays killing off the bacteria? Has anybody ever had any expierences with sunlight helping kill of your acne? or is this just in my head? BTW now that I'm back home and not in the sun it's coming back sad.gif

#2 Madhubala

Madhubala

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2005 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE(erpatter @ Jan 1 2005, 12:47 PM)
I was on vacation recently and I got a lot of sun.  I mean about 6 hours a day or so of just laying out in the sun.  Aftar about 2 days I noticed my acne was signifigantly reducted.  2 days later it was 100% clear!  You couldn't even see the red marks because I had a good tan.  Is this due to the UV rays killing off the bacteria?  Has anybody ever had any expierences with sunlight helping kill of your acne?  or is this just in my head?  BTW now that I'm back home and not in the sun it's coming back  sad.gif

View Post

Hey Erpatter,

This happens to me too when I'm on holiday in a sunny location - unfortunately it return when I come back to the UK. I think the sun dries the excess oil on the skin. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

#3 irishgirl

irishgirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:11 AM

Yeah every summer when I go on hols my acne always clears up signifiacantly but never fully - as we only stay for a week in those hot destinations.

#4 Mdawg202

Mdawg202

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2005 - 09:48 AM

UV rays kill all that bacteria in your your skin, and the drying of your skin could reduce oil but that doesn't have a lot to do with it..... just the UV rays

not too mention that the tan practcally hides/improves the appearance of red marks! great, huh?

well it's all temporary sad.gif not only do uv rays kill the bacteria, but they damage your skin, even if you don't get sunburnt. healing skin is much more susceptible to breakouts, so when you finally get out of the sun, you're likely to break out.

but its not all bad, just wear a good, high spf, non-comodogenic sunscreen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users