Photo

Diet and acne

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#41 The Jack

The Jack

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 January 2005 - 03:18 PM

Steve!

Your quote of my post is deliberately skewed. Didn't figure you for the slippery kind.

Jack

#42 Doberwoman

Doberwoman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE(SweetJade1980 @ Dec 31 2004, 11:47 AM)
LOL, there ya have it.  Two members, both with Ph.Ds and a difference in opinions.

View Post

Hi SweetJade -- I'm not sure if I'm the other PhD that you're referring to (I've only skimmed the other responses), but Corvidae and I were actually agreeing, not disagreeing. We both were saying that we are willing to believe that diet may help some people, and not others -- I just happened to be one who diet helped, and he (she?) was one who was not helped by diet. And I think we both only mentioned the bio-oriented PhD's (at least I know I did) because others have suggested at times that if you think you see a link, you must be fooling yourself -- we both wanted to establish that we do understand what the scientific method is about, we do understand the relevant biochemistry, and we both feel that our observations about our own bodies are valid. Seriously, there was no disagreement there at all that I could see.

#43 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 January 2005 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE(Doberwoman @ Jan 5 2005, 01:24 AM)
Hi SweetJade -- I'm not sure if I'm the other PhD that you're referring to (I've only skimmed the other responses), but Corvidae and I were actually agreeing, not disagreeing.  We both were saying that we are willing to believe that diet may help some people, and not others -- I just happened to be one who diet helped, and he (she?) was one who was not helped by diet.  And I think we both only mentioned the bio-oriented PhD's (at least I know I did) because others have suggested at times that if you think you see a link, you must be fooling yourself -- we both wanted to establish that we do understand what the scientific method is about, we do understand the relevant biochemistry, and we both feel that our observations about our own bodies are valid.  Seriously, there was no disagreement there at all that I could see.

View Post

You're right he doesn't entirely dismiss the possibility of diet & acne, he only dismisses a certain type of diet for himself. Nevetheless, you both came to 2 different conclusions about yourselves and these conclusions are what other members of the board listen to. So once again, one person says it worked for them and the other person says it didn't. I was just pointing out that even in the case of MDs or Ph.Ds there WILL be differences and disagreements and as such, it's best if others didn't always believe 100% the word of one individual, but instead learned to see multiple sides of the issue or better yet take the time to do their own research. ;-)

Thanks