Toasted Bread???

1 reply to this topic

#1 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2004 - 05:09 PM

Okay, so i was wondering... i only eat whole meal brown bread now because its alot more better to digest than refined brown and still has all its fibre... but bread is also a high in carbs and may cause insulin levels to spike if eaten in excess... so the big question is... will toasted bread be better to eat than un-toasted, and will it cause insulin levels to rise as much? also is a can of baked beans okay to eat for lunch,say with a jacket potato? i wanted to no because i love baked beans! Also if u exercise frequently like everyday wont u burn and use the glucose in your body more effeicently? meanin it wont expell through your skin? I no i have asked a lot of questions but this has been bugging me...i jus want to no other peoples opinions on this...please reply and share opinions...thanx

#2 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2004 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE(manolis_04 @ Dec 28 2004, 03:09 PM)
Okay, so i was wondering... i only eat whole meal brown bread now because its alot more better to digest than refined brown and still has all its fibre... but bread is also a high in carbs and may cause insulin levels to spike if eaten in excess... so the big question is... will toasted bread be better to eat than un-toasted, and will it cause insulin levels to rise as much? also is a can of baked beans okay to eat for lunch,say with a jacket potato? i wanted to no because i love baked beans! Also if u exercise frequently like everyday wont u burn and use the glucose in your body more effeicently? meanin it wont expell through your skin? I no i have asked a lot of questions but this has been bugging me...i jus want to no other peoples opinions on this...please reply and share opinions...thanx

View Post

Toasting is not going to modify significantly the caloric content nor nutritive value of bread. Toasting mainly just alters the texture of bread, making it crunchy.

Beans are nutritious food, high in potassium and protein. However, read the label on the can. Many brands of baked beans have sugar added. I prefer to buy dried beans, then soak and cook them. They cost a lot less than canned beans.

Exercise is good for burning excess calories and stabilizing metabolism. Probably the best exercise for someone with acne is swimming in a pool of chlorinated water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users