What do you guys eat for breakfast????

5 replies to this topic

#1 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2004 - 06:33 PM

Hey every 1...okay i usaully eat 2 slices of wholemeal organic bread toasted in the morning maybe with a little jam. Is this good or bad? iwanted ur veiws...since i cut out dairy from my diet totally i dont no what to eat for breakfast any more because i used to allways enjoy oatmeal with skimmed milk! please i need sum tips and maybe post in what sum of u are eating for breakfast.... thanks

#2 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:44 PM

What's wrong with soy milk? It's organic.

#3 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2004 - 07:45 PM

Bread with jam is high on carbohydrates but low in protein and fat. For a balanced breakfast, I like a scrambled egg sandwich. One scrambled egg, with bits of onion, between two slices of whole grain toast. Sometimes, I include one slice of cheese and one slice of lean turkey. YUM!

If that doesn't satisfy my hunger, a bowl of oatmeal, in addition to the scrambled egg sandwich, makes it a balanced and satisfying breakfast. AFter eating all that, I'm ready to go out and conquer the world.

#4 sinashgh

sinashgh

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2004 - 11:36 PM

I'd love to have eggs but barely ever have any... cuz it seems to break me out but i'm not fully sure.

Anyone else have anyhting against eggs in particular and by the way dairy doesn't seem to do me much harm.

#5 manolis_04

manolis_04

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2004 - 06:48 AM

okay so what if i had da jam with toast....and and then had a hand full of wallnuts? wouldnt that be balanced because it provides carbs... protein and e.f.a's? also i heard that eggs are prone too breakin people out and also beacuse ur fryin them wont they become toxic when metabolised? Has anyoneone on here read Leos book?

#6 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2004 - 08:46 AM

I have nothing against cooked eggs, but yes for some people, and I beleive this fall under the Paleodiet, cooked eggs can be problematic. It may also depend on how you cook them, but when I eat eggs if it's not in a meal it's just scrambled or omalet style.

Unfortunately, if "Bread" Carbohydrates break you out (especially wheat), and refined Sugar Jams (not made from the natural sugar of the fruit used), does too, then eating walnuts just doesn't matter (especially if you find you have a problem with walnuts too). Of course, once again, everyone has their own Tolerance level and through experimentation you will learn what you can get away with and what you cannot.

However for those that enjoy diary but are avoiding milk, you can try Grain Milks (like rice), Potato Milks, Soy Milks, or Nut Milks (almond, hazelnut, etc) for your cereals. You can also substitute 100% fruit juice or water when cooking warm cereals such as 100% unrefined oats or gluten-free cereals such as Cream of Rice or Cream of Buckwheat. Personally, I'm a fan of warm buckwheat cereal, it doesn't taste as bland as the cream of rice, but they both taste better when you add fruit, cinnamon, no sugar added vanilla extract (with only alcohol or glycerin) or other flavorings to them.

If you prefer bread products, there's other products aside from wheat or gluten that you can enjoy. I made Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Muffins and Cherry Bread for a Christmas brunch with my coworkers, and most people loved the Apple Cinnamon Muffins. With the muffins, they were from a GF mix, and I added fresh apples, cinnamon, vanilla, and used I used 100% apple juice instead of milk and used smart balance instead of butter. They were definately my favorite as well and I didn't suffer any backlash (even from the sucrose in the mix) as the mix was a rice based mixture (I eat rice almost daily). If traditional "bread" products are a problem, there's always other bread products such as waffles, pancakes, muffins, bagels, and the goodies (brownies, cookies, cakes, etc) that are Gluten-Free and can also be made Dairy free, Sugar free (xylitol or stevia), & Trans Fat free depending on your needs or preference.
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users