Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venus

Nuts & yogurt

18 posts in this topic

Ok, I added nuts & yogurt to my everyday diet. And i've noticed that my zits have became worse since I added nuts(cashews) & yogurt to my everyday diet.

Has anyone notice a change on their skin when they eat this almost everyday. I eat my nuts without salt by the way.

Ok, I added nuts & yogurt to my everyday diet.  And i've noticed that my zits have became worse since I added nuts(cashews) & yogurt to my everyday diet.

Has anyone notice a change on their skin when they eat this almost everyday.  I eat my nuts without salt by the way.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

This sucks ass!!  Because i'm trying to do a high protein diet. 

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.  biggrin.gif

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

Cashews are so incredibly nutritious, it must be the yogurt. Dairy products are known to cause acne. I eat tons of cashews, with no ill effects. Walnuts, too. I like to have fruit, such as apples, raisins, or dates, with nuts. The carbohydrates of fruit nicely balance the protein and fat in nuts. Meals should be well-balanced, and so should snacks.

Eliminate the yogurt frmo your daily snack, and try just eating the nuts. See how that goes for you.

i doubt how peanuts and yoghurt alone would cause a noticeable change in acne unless you were eating immese levels or a high % in relation to your normal diet.

Studies have shown that in some people, yes, dairy has been known to cause acne. That's all the person is saying.

Well Benk, I never take sides but what Brandon said is somewhat true.

Dairy products are known to make acne worst in SOME people. Its not an ironclad assertion he makes, its more of a general statement.

In regards to the thread topic, how much yoghurt and nuts are you eating? I doubt one or two little pots a day oculd really make you breakout?

ANyway, I dunno.

"Studies have shown that in some people, yes, dairy has been known to cause acne. That's all the person is saying."

Again -- I hear everyone saying this and some certain people posting abstracts that claim this yet, when looked up, say the links are not necessarily in existence. Feel free to show me the study, though, that concludes that dairy is a significant contributor in acne in some people-- people that are allergic to it have allergic reactions which are NOT the same thing as acne (despite looking similar).

Just use a search engine, BenKweller. You're bound to discover something of relevance to you. Maybe, like a heart.

Just use a search engine, BenKweller. You're bound to discover something of relevance to you. Maybe, like a heart.

Salam!

"Beside the fire, as the wood burns black, A laughing dancer in veils of light, Whose dance transforms the darkness to gold". ---Abu Abd Allah ben Abi-l-Khisal, excerpt from The Serpent of the Nile by Buonaventura

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

The soft tanned flesh: it curves like waves upon a sea

Undulate and moving hips,

Arabic music playing, drums beat.

Adorned in beauty from head to feet.

Family and friends...

they are all looking at me!

I hope my dancing never ends

as I set my soul free.

**Raqs Sharqi Dancer**

If you could see it then you'd understand - Coldplay

"Just use a search engine, BenKweller. You're bound to discover something of relevance to you. Maybe, like a heart."

Cop out.

"Ha ha ha, I think BenKweller belongs to the "Emotional and psychological effects of acne" board. Poor guy... eusa_boohoo.gif"

Aren't you the one who asked "Who is the All Saints?"

"Ha ha ha, I think BenKweller belongs to the "Emotional and psychological effects of acne" board. Poor guy... eusa_boohoo.gif"

Aren't you the one who asked "Who is the All Saints?"

Salam!

"Beside the fire, as the wood burns black, A laughing dancer in veils of light, Whose dance transforms the darkness to gold". ---Abu Abd Allah ben Abi-l-Khisal, excerpt from The Serpent of the Nile by Buonaventura

N otable

A ffectionate

D edicated

I ntellectual

Y oung

A rticulate

H onorable

The soft tanned flesh: it curves like waves upon a sea

Undulate and moving hips,

Arabic music playing, drums beat.

Adorned in beauty from head to feet.

Family and friends...