#1 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:13 PM

Hi,
I found this gluten/wheat free bread mix but it contains yeast and soya do u think that this would be ok to eat and not cause any breakouts?

Thanks,
Tom
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#2 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2004 - 10:17 PM

well yeast and soya don't break me out, but everyone is different. It's probably not a ton of soy either so try it and see what happens.

I personally haven't had GF breads in over a year but for my work Christmas Party (winter solstice breakfast) I baked Apple Cinnamon Muffins (good, wouldn't even now it's rice based) and Cherry Bread (too sweet, a bit artificially tasting and unfortunately had milk powder in it) from mixes (added the apples). Yet my coworkers and friends liked them both (had to give the majority of that cherry bread away) and I found them to be filling (forgot how filling bread was).

Now, the trick is, with GF breads, depending on the flour used, like rice, you have to add a sprinkle of water & reheat a few min. in order to get that moist & fluffy texture you had when you first baked it. Also, if you are avoiding other ingredients you can probably replace them. I used 100% apple juice instead of milk (you could also use grain, potato or nut milks) and used applesauce instead of oil. Instead of butter I used Smart Balance. I don't remember what brand the cherry bread was, but the muffin mix was from the Gluten-Free Pantry. What brand is your bread?
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#3 Darklord

Darklord

Chances are, i hate you

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2004 - 03:57 AM

Hey sweetjade,
Your advice is much appreciated, the brand that i brought i think is unique to Sainsburys supermarkets it is called 'FreeFrom...' range and they do gluten, wheat, dairy free foods.

Thanks,
Tom
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#4 laukelekele

laukelekele

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2004 - 02:53 PM

I wouldn't eat gluten free bread at all since it's really quick carbs and will spike your insulin levels, which among other bad things is believed by some to cause acne.

I think the reason its glycemic index is so high is because the gluten protein acts like a glue between the carb molecules in regular flour. In gluten free products, where the glue is gone, the body doesn't have to "unglue" the carb molecules before absorbing them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users