vitamin vitamins gluten

No replies to this topic

#1 zitsthapits

zitsthapits

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2004 - 07:03 AM

Hi- I have read these boards for a quite awhile and sometimes post replies. I admire the dedication and resolve to fight acne. Let me get to the point.

I am 33, white female who has suffered with acne since teens. I have tried everything from home remedies to expensive skin treatments. Thankfully, I have never had to endure severe acne, but it has still ruled my life.

For the past few years, especially since the birth of my first baby, I have experienced anemia(chronically low hemoglobin) Vitamins did not seem to help either. Finally the family doc sent me to a gastroenterolgist and he gave me a test for celiacs, which is a condition where the intestines flattens and does not allow iron/minerals to be absorbed. It is caused by eating foods that contain wheat, gluten(breads, crackers, pasta, oats etc)

I'll try to wrap this up. Basically the only treatment is to avoid wheat/gluten altogether. I found this out before Thanksgiving and have adhered to this diet fore almost a month. Unbelievably, my skin has dramatically cleared. Even the millions of clogged pores are drying up.

Trust me, going through this major lifestyle change isnt easy, but if you have any questions, I will be glad to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users