Photo

Incredible FISH OIL results

fish oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#41 Mad ID

Mad ID

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 29 December 2004 - 11:24 AM

Results::

I was taking cod liver oil (TwinLab) for 4 days and it did't made my skin any less oily. :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(
I had bad breakout but I can't tell is it becuase cod liver oil.

I'm 18 years old and it doesnt work for me.

#42 Krg

Krg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(Mad ID @ Dec 29 2004, 06:24 PM)
Results::

I was taking cod liver oil (TwinLab) for 4 days and it did't made my skin any less oily.  :-(    :-(    :-(    :-(    :-(
I had bad breakout but I can't tell is it becuase cod liver oil.

I'm 18 years old and it doesnt work for me.

View Post

4 days is too little to judge

Also a breakout might be a sign of removed acne.

#43 rancid777

rancid777

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2004 - 12:18 PM

ok, i ordered some of these with multivitamins as well, but im scared to take em now. Im on minocycline and the regimen, im doin great, i don't want to break out from these, you reckon i would?

#44 Mad ID

Mad ID

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 29 December 2004 - 01:14 PM

QUOTE(Krg @ Dec 29 2004, 07:11 PM)
4 days is too little to judge
Also a breakout might be a sign of removed acne.

View Post

The dude who started this topis wrote that he had big oil down after only 3 days.
My oil was the same so I quit.

#45 cyanide2600

cyanide2600

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:48 PM

How would cod liver oil compare to a beta carotene supplement? My dad takes vitamin c, vitamin e, and beta carotene everyday...upon looking at the beta carotene bottle it claims to provide up to 25,000 IU of Vitamin a upon converstion within the body. However after reading around i find that 5,000 IU is the recommended dosage of vitamin A for one day. Would it be unsafe to take beta carotene and cod liver oil at the same time? thanks smile.gif

#46 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2004 - 01:44 AM

beta carotene is only converted to A when your body needs it. If you're getting enough A the carotene will not be converted to A but you will get the other benefits of it.

For the conversion, 167 capsules of that stuff is way more than a tablespoon of oil. Maybe some of the better brands have more omega 3 but the reason why fish oil has so much more is because it's taken from other areas of the fish than the liver(This is also partly due to the fact that the liver will have the mercury and chemicals that we dump in the water and the fish takes in so they want to be more safe).

Chances are is the cod liver has sat on the shelf and is not in the fridge at the health store, the omegas in it are ruined. Also, like I said before, if you get the cheap stuff and it doesn't specifically say that it was really cold pressed than the omegas are destroyed. Doesn't matter how much antioxidants they put in it.

I agree with the person that said it's the A that's decreasing the oil. They have found that really low doses of accutane can do the same thing and this is similar.

#47 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2004 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Dec 30 2004, 02:44 AM)
Chances are is the cod liver has sat on the shelf and is not in the fridge at the health store, the omegas in it are ruined.

View Post

ONLY buy a product that comes nitrogen-flushed to prevent oxidation during storage!! TwinLab's cod-liver oil is such a brand. Add additional antioxidants as soon as you open the bottle.

Bryan