Photo

Incredible FISH OIL results

fish oil

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#1 jalrus

jalrus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:04 AM

I have been taking cod liver oil gel-caps, three times a day for a week now. After 3 days, i am no longer oily. PEOPLE, i am insanely oily every single day of my life after about 5-6 hours of washing and after that its oil and more oil until i finally wash. I am in absolute disbelief that today i hung out with my girlfriend for the whole day,i got home to shower, (this was 13 hours!! since last wash), and I WASNT OILY. My face looked so incredible. I dont post much, and before this week i was never a pill popper. I just saw that my dad had them, im home now from college and started taking them. My diet is the same as it has been for my life, eat anything..anytime. Please someone try this....i honestly can say that these cod liver oil pills are the reason for my oil stopping.I have not changed cleansers, diet, sleep pattern, nothing! Please try, ill keep everyone posted.

Heres the ones i take cause i think all companies are diferent.
http://shop.store.ya...hyslabs/70.html

My oily friends, you have nothing to loose. This is not a mega dose method or even hard to follow. I just take three a day, breakfast lunch dinner. Somethime i sleep late and take two at lunch. why not try this?

P.S sorry that i sound extremely giddy and hyper, but i am just baffled that this is working.

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:29 AM

That's cod oil, totally different from fish oil. The cod oil has a high amount of Vit. A and D in it whereas Fish oil has a high amount of Omega 3 fatty acids. Do not megadose on Cod Liver.

Edit: The link says it has Omega 3 but in all cod liver oils the amount is nominal at best.

#3 jalrus

jalrus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Dec 21 2004, 12:29 AM)
That's cod oil, totally different from fish oil. The cod oil has a high amount of Vit. A and D in it whereas Fish oil has a high amount of Omega 3 fatty acids. Do not megadose on Cod Liver.

Edit: The link says it has Omega 3 but in all cod liver oils the amount is nominal at best.

View Post

Thanks. I edited the post, how can i edit the thread topic?
I wont megadose, the bottle says take 2-3 a day. I take three.

#4 rancid777

rancid777

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:46 AM

would this work combined with the regimen?! what exactl does it do?
http://www.pharmacy2...t.asp?id=PHCLO3

is that what you mean^?

#5 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Dec 21 2004, 01:29 AM)

View Post

You say it's nominal but it isn't. A teaspoon serving of cod liver oil contains 1g of omega 3s not to mention your daily allotment of Vitamin D which is very hard to come by for some people in the northeast during winter. It's one of the best sources of Omega 3s in fact right up there with flax seeds.

#6 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Dec 21 2004, 08:09 AM)
You say it's nominal but it isn't. A teaspoon serving of cod liver oil contains 1g of omega 3s not to mention your daily allotment of Vitamin D which is very hard to come by for some people in the northeast during winter. It's one of the best sources of Omega 3s in fact right up there with flax seeds.

View Post

I was thinking the exact same thing! I don't know where "blackbirdbeatle" got the idea that the omega 3 content is only "nominal", but I seem to remember that the Dale Alexander brand of cod liver oil (sold by TwinLab) contains even MORE than a gram of EPA and DHA (combined) per teaspoon.

I'll add one caution, though: I would only use a product like that with added antioxidants. Those two fatty acids (EPA and DHA) are the most highly unsaturated ones in existence, and are VERY prone to oxidation. The moment I open a new bottle of cod liver oil, I immediately add 500 mg of BHT and about 750 mg of ascorbyl palmitate. I keep it in the fridge from then on. You can't be too careful! eusa_snooty.gif

Bryan

#7 kel

kel

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:02 AM

the omega oils are great for regulating hormones!!!!!!!! so that may be why to they work for some people,also the theroy that you feed oil with oil it produces less.mmmm.

i take two large tablesponns of oils a day,optium oil its called has flaxs,oil of primrose ext,my skin is very very soft! im veggie so the cod liver oil is out the question for me!

#8 Joffy

Joffy

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 09:51 AM

I've been taking to little omega maybe. I'm vegan. Maybe that is my problem. I've been taking one table spoon a day but I will take another one.

#9 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 11:33 AM

I could be mistaken but I was told that while the oil form the fish's liver is high in EPA and DHA, by the time you get it in the cod liver capsule or tonic it's all but destroyed.

The fish oil is used from different parts of the fish than the liver because the fish liver is where the mercury content is highest(Just a side note) and is preserved differently to keep the fatty acids from being destroyed.

I'd just like to clarify it more. Cod liver oil is made cheaply. Unless you cold press it or hand press it the Omega 3 fatty acids will be all but destroyed(Cod liver oil, except for that really expensive stuff is not cold pressed, hence the cheap price). Even if it says cold pressed it may just be mechanically pressed without deliberate heat but there is heat in that process and it does destroy the omegas. Also unless you keep the oil in the fridge the fatty acids will start to be destroyed right away. The Vit A and E in cod liver won't prevent this process. If you've already had the cod oil at room temp for a few weeks now don't even bother putting it in the fridge right now to try and save the poor omega 3's. sad.gif

#10 rancid777

rancid777

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 12:05 PM

im getting confused here. if i want to help oily skin etc, i take cod liver oil, i get that. but whats all this with omega 3's? can't i just buy these- http://www.pharmacy2...t.asp?id=PHCLO3 and take one a day and be fine?

i need it in simple terms please, im not really up on all these vitamins, thanks!

#11 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 02:02 PM

Joffy,
I've vegan too. I put a couple tB of flax oil on my salad every day. Or sometimes I eat it on polenta for breakfast with maple syrup. yum.

#12 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:36 PM

Do a search function. It has been discussed and discussed some more. The brand I think is the best is Health From the Sun Ultra Omega 3 Fish Oil. It is cold pressed without any heat whatsoever, it has no mercury(Very likely those cod liver capsules do). The cheapest proce is at bodybuilding.com. It's in liquid form and I usually take 1tbsp worth a day(Which is quite a bit like 5g of omega 3). It's just that I do eat quite a bit of omega 6 in a day and I need to get that ratio more balanced. Optimally you want 2:1 ratio of omega 3 to 6 each day(and 1 part omega 9) however the average diet is more like 1:30 omega 3 to 6, which is way out or whack. Or course getting a 2:1 ratio is expensive and damn near impossible so try to aim for something like 1:2 or 1:4 omega 3 to 6.

Of the omega 6 there are good sources like GLA. The rest you want to limit.

Oh ya, if you're a vegan you may in for some tough luck with omega 3. Flax has omega 3 but in many people the omega 3 isn't converted into the useful DHA and EPA(Their bodies can't process it for some reason so the fatty acids in the flax doesn't end up doing what the Omega 3's should). In most plant sources it's not converted but you may be in luck and be able to convert it yourself. With fish oil it is already converted and so can be used right away.

#13 jalrus

jalrus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:47 PM

If blackbird is right about how the omega 3's are destroyed then i guess we can conclude the vit a and d are the ones responsible for my decline in oil. I really dont know if all the omegas are destroyed, and i am really am not that interested. I just know its working.Thanks for the info tho.Anyone else gonna give this a shot?

#14 Krg

Krg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 03:54 PM

Flax increases the risk of prostate cancer.

http://www.consumerl...ults/omega3.asp
Consumerlab has tested 41 omega3 products, none contained mercury.
None of the products contained detectable levels of mercury, nor unsafe levels of PCBs. By comparison, PCBs have been found in several fish including farm-raised salmon and mercury levels in fish generally range from 10 ppb to 1,000 ppb, depending on the fish. Several of the products were additionally tested for dioxins, which can be found in some fish. However, none of these supplements contained unsafe levels of dioxins.

#15 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Krg @ Dec 21 2004, 02:54 PM)
Flax increases the risk of prostate cancer.

http://www.consumerl...ults/omega3.asp
Consumerlab has tested 41 omega3 products, none contained mercury.

View Post

Anyone subscribe to consumerlab? I'd like to see all 41 products tested instead of just the ones they mention on that page.

#16 Krg

Krg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE(SteveLewis @ Dec 21 2004, 11:21 PM)
Anyone subscribe to consumerlab? I'd like to see all 41 products tested instead of just the ones they mention on that page.

View Post

http://forum.lowcarb...ad.php?t=209514
http://www.ergogenics.org/visolie.html (Dutch and some English)

#17 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 05:14 PM

Fish oil is great. I've been eating salmon for years, and it keeps me looking young. Alaskan brown bears eat tons of salmon, and I've never seen a brown bear with acne.
eusa_dance.gif

Happy Holidays, everyone! Stay away from the Christmas sweets, so the red spots stay where they belong, amidst the green and blue spots on the Christmas tree!

#18 Mad ID

Mad ID

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE(jalrus @ Dec 21 2004, 09:04 AM)
I have been taking cod liver oil gel-caps, three times a day for a week now. After 3 days, i am no longer oily.

View Post

Hy. How old are you? I'm 18 now. My skin is very very oily. This is the main couse of my acne.
If it really works I'll give it a try.
Is there anything particular I should watch when buying or I just buy cod liver oil? I can't order online.

#19 Hyper-pig

Hyper-pig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:40 AM

this thread is missing something. wheres the ITS ALL IN YOUR MIND comment from our favourite guy?

#20 kel

kel

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:29 AM

blackbirdbeetle,can you tell memmore about this omega 3 thing as a vegan,im interested in how i can then convert into dha myself? or what i can do to get the most of my efa'a.

thansk biggrin.gif