Scalp/head acne--what to do?

8 replies to this topic

#1 BinaryStar

BinaryStar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:58 PM

I have some bad scalp/head acne. Bad enough that you can see the redness and pimples when my hair is kinda short. Anyway, I was thinking of just applying benzozyl peroxide after shampooing it. Would that work?

If not, what regimen/treatment should I try?

#2 Keepitcoming

Keepitcoming

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 04:29 AM

First off DO NOT put bp on your head! It will die your hair blond almost certainly plus your scalp may not be able to tolerate it as much as your face can. Second of all is it really noticeable, like people can point it out or is it just hurting and only you know about it. If the latter then i reccomend just using a gentle shampoo, you know the type fragrence free, colours free etc. Something with alot of fruit in usually does the trick. Also try adding some apple cider vinegar to your shampoo, it makes your hair really smooth aswel as helping against those dreaded pimples. Hope this helps cool.gif

EDIT : just read again and you say its bad enough to see when your hair is really short, well simple answer is dont let it get too short. Next time you get it cut go up 1 or 2 numbers so its not as short!

#3 acnehater

acnehater

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:24 AM

Have you tried Nizoral shampoo? Rx only...

#4 StillInTheCrate7

StillInTheCrate7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:06 PM

yea bp is no good for your scalp or hair. I recommend you try some tea tree oil, either a good shampoo or add a coupe teasoons of teatree oil to a bottle of shampoo and mix it well.

Tea tree oil makes your scalp feel real good.

#5 Antik

Antik

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 December 2004 - 01:50 AM

i 2nd NIZORAL ...either 1%(OFT) or 2%(Script).

#6 gloriac

gloriac

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:12 PM

This video has helped me a lot with my acne problem. I use to have SEVERE acne, including cystic and nodular acne since 6th grade. I am now a freshman in college. Just following the simple rules in the video, my skin has gotten so much better. I tried proactive, and every kind of topical medications you can think of. Only a few helpful tips from researching online about acne and videos like this has helped me. Give it a try! it won't hurt smile.gif

Edited by gloriac, 11 November 2010 - 01:13 PM.

#7 boba

boba

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Hi,

When I researched this the problem I found is that I didn't know whether the root cause was bacterial or funghal as both can present with pimples so I opted for an antibacterial/anti fungal shampoo - its expensive but you only need a drop as its highly concentrated:

ttp://amzn.to/12UP0Ck (£8.20 for 150ml)

http://amzn.to/12UNMXG (£20.15 for 500ml)

I occasionally still get spots on my lower neck/upper shoulders, I use Stridex pads on this area if I have an outbreak and that seems to help, see http://amzn.to/16ZwJY0.

Bob

#8 markd343

markd343

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2013 - 09:28 PM

Do you have dandruff? Do you have dry hair? My head pimples went away when I started using a conditioner. The results were instant.

Edited by markd343, 24 December 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#9 boba

boba

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:38 AM

Equivalent in the USA is Sebex: http://www.amazon.co...7OSLO57ANTTMTIH

Like Ceanel this is a medicated shampoo though and I'm no medic so if in doubt, consult your doctor!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users