Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darlingclementine

Problems with my new diet..help, please!

9 posts in this topic

So, I've basically been eating a raw fruit, mostly raw veggie diet, with lean meat, such as chicken, once a day. I've excluded high GI foods, like breads, potatoes, rice, etc. And, I was happy with it. Except, recently (I've been eating like this for two weeks) I've been having problems with my stomach. I have diarrhea, cramps, and the days when I don't have diarrhea, my stool is loose. I really think this is because I've been eating soooo many raw fruits/veggies (I typically have 3-4 apples a day, lots of carrots, salads, raw broccoli, semi-cooked spinach): I'm afraid that if I fully cook my carrots and broccoli that they will lose their nutritional value- apparently, a high-fiber diet leads to diarrhea. Has anyone else had this problem? What about introducing rice and potato into my daily diet? I think I read somewhere (I believe SweetJade wrote about this) have amylose (?) starch in them making them better..? I don't know.

If anyone has annnnny advice/insight it would be sooo appreciated!

I eat things like quinoa which is like a grain and it is really nice. If you look around you can find great things like gluten free/wheat free pasta etc.

I know though i had these problems at the start but after introducing different foods again i was fine.

Stick too it.

Tom biggrin.gif

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

So, I've basically been eating a raw fruit, mostly raw veggie diet, with lean meat, such as chicken, once a day.  I've excluded high GI foods, like breads, potatoes, rice, etc.  And, I was happy with it.  Except, recently (I've been eating like this for two weeks) I've been having problems with my stomach.  I have diarrhea, cramps, and the days when I don't have diarrhea, my stool is loose.  I really think this is because I've been eating soooo many raw fruits/veggies (I typically have 3-4 apples a day, lots of carrots, salads, raw broccoli, semi-cooked spinach): I'm afraid that if I fully cook my carrots and broccoli that they will lose their nutritional value- apparently, a high-fiber diet leads to diarrhea.  Has anyone else had this problem? What about introducing rice and potato into my daily diet? I think I read somewhere (I believe SweetJade wrote about this) have amylose (?) starch in them making them better..? I don't know. 

So, I've basically been eating a raw fruit, mostly raw veggie diet, with lean meat, such as chicken, once a day.  I've excluded high GI foods, like breads, potatoes, rice, etc.  And, I was happy with it.  Except, recently (I've been eating like this for two weeks) I've been having problems with my stomach.  I have diarrhea, cramps, and the days when I don't have diarrhea, my stool is loose.  I really think this is because I've been eating soooo many raw fruits/veggies (I typically have 3-4 apples a day, lots of carrots, salads, raw broccoli, semi-cooked spinach): I'm afraid that if I fully cook my carrots and broccoli that they will lose their nutritional value- apparently, a high-fiber diet leads to diarrhea.  Has anyone else had this problem? What about introducing rice and potato into my daily diet? I think I read somewhere (I believe SweetJade wrote about this) have amylose (?) starch in them making them better..? I don't know. 

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

I agree -- add some grains. Despite what Atkins-crazed idiots might think, carbs are NOT EVIL!

My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

Hmm fiber should actually make your digestive system work much much better...the more fiber you eat the less you are likely to have digestive problems!

Make sure you ar getting both types of fiber in your diet...Insoluble(grains and vegis) and Soluble (fruits, oats, beans, peas...)

It sounds like you are eating a lot of vegies but no brans and such...add the potatos to your diet (potatoes w/with skin). Also wheaties or total cereal or raisin bran. Also Granolas, oatmeal, rice, and wheat or rye bread.

Fruits are also essential.

Eat some figs, pears, bananas, appples with a peel.

Also, try to drink the 16 oz bottle of V8 veg juice...this has so much fiber in it and really helps!

Hmm fiber should actually make your digestive system work much much better...the more fiber you eat the less you are likely to have digestive problems!

Make sure you ar getting both types of fiber in your diet...Insoluble(grains and vegis) and Soluble (fruits, oats, beans, peas...)

It sounds like you are eating a lot of vegies but no brans and such...add the potatos to your diet (potatoes w/with skin). Also wheaties or total cereal or raisin bran. Also Granolas, oatmeal, rice, and wheat or rye bread.

Fruits are also essential.

Eat some figs, pears, bananas, appples with a peel.

Also, try to drink the 16 oz bottle of V8 veg juice...this has so much fiber in it and really helps!

its most likely due to the suddent change in diet, your system adjusts.

High fibre can infact cause constipation or diarrhoea, it depends.

Try some cooked food and see if it gets better.

Did you not read her post? She's on a low GI diet so most of those foods are out of the question. And as far as V8 having "so much fiber"....it doesn't, A 16oz. bottle has 4g of fiber, not to mention a good amount of sugar and a crapload of sodium. You're better off just eating an apple for the same amount of fiber.