Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Indoobidubly

Eating less good for acne?

8 posts in this topic

I was in the dentists office and in one of the magazines it said that eating less is not only good for weight loss, but for skin as well. It claimed that with less energy given to disgesting food, the body can focus the energy elsewhere.

Is this legit?

Its not a proven fact, but for some people it probably does work. Not for me though.

New Roaccuntane Log

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Nick-s-Ro...01#entry2847801

Finished 1st Round Roaccutane on the 19th December 2006

Living with acne since 2002.

Currently on Roaccutane 70mg. Using gentle wash and moisturizer.

i dont know about the body 'saving' energy from digeting food.

but if you overeat, you do stress your body. your body can only produce so many bile acids etc, and digestive enzymes to break down the food.

so eating smalller, more frequent portions is a good thing.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

Personally I find that the less calories I ingest the worse my skin gets. Often if I miss even a single meal, my skin will flare up a little.

These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):

* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)

* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002

* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)

* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):

* Strengthen/Repair GI - Immune health

Research:

* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).

* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.