Photo

my diet works well

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

#1 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:58 AM

I noticed that a lot of foods give me acne, and acne seems to have "quotas" meaning that if I eat nothing all day and then eat a chocolate bar - nothing happens. If I eat a lot of other foods and then eat a chocolate bar, then it becomes way too much sugar and I get acne.

Solution: eat less. You're probably eating way too many calories anyway

But you're gonna say: I'm hungry! I want to eat!

Ok, so eat carrots! I replace 1 or 2 meals per day with carrots, and no more acne! I stopped Minocycline, BP, Differin and I almost never wash my face anymore. And I'm not hungry, like you think I would be.

For breakfast I have no time anyway, so I grab a few carrots on my way out.

For lunch I eat a quizznos sub with turkey, dressing, and any other kinds of unhealthy crap.

If I get home and I'm hungry again, I eat a big pastrami sandwich, some juice, muffin, or a pint of ice cream.

For dinner I eat carrots.

Moral of the story: when you want to eat something, don't stop yourself! Eat anything you want (with the exception of seafood, oatmeal and bananas of course, cause they definitely cause acne). Have 1 or 2 meals per day of anything you want, and for the rest of the time, if you get hungry, just eat carrots.

#2 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 08:22 AM

you're living on carrots? It's bad for your health...do you need to lose weight or something?

#3 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:21 PM

"Eat anything you want (with the exception of seafood, oatmeal and bananas of course, cause they definitely cause acne"

You're wrong.

Your whole theory is, too. Sorry.

#4 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:54 PM

bananas.....I doubt it
oatmeal...they are good for your health
seafood...duh? Fish is the best food for healthy skin!!!

#5 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:44 PM

Iodine has been proven to worsen acne in people who have it. Iodine is found mainly in seafood and dairy.

Oatmeal and bananas both have a high glycemic index, which is also bad for acne.

I've had acne in 10 years, and I couldn't help but notice in these 10 years, that certain foods make me break out, and not eating certain foods gives me clear skin.

If I were living on carrots, that would be bad for my health. But I'm not. For 2 meals per day I eat anything I want. For the rest of the time, if I get hungry, I eat carrots. Most people eat 2 times per day anyway, but I tend to get hungry a lot, so I usually eat 4 times.

There are two types of people on this board: ones with acne, who need all the help they can get, and ones who no longer have acne, and try to help people who still have acne.

There are 2 types of people with acne on here: ones who will try anything (like washing your face with piss, not masturbating for a long time, and filtering their shower water) and those people who try almost nothing, because they think that 90% of what people tell them is bullshit.

Like I said before, I stopped all medication. The only thing I do once in a while is wash my face with baking powder to get rid of dead skin and clear the pores.

So, according to your logic, I'm lying to you, because I'm trying to trick you! How does that make sense to you?

You can try it and it might work, or it might not work. If it worked for me, then it will work for some other people, which is why I'm posting it.

If you think it might not work, then don't try it. What's the point of telling me I'm wrong? It doesn't even make sense to tell me I'm wrong, since I'm saying that it worked for me already. This is not a theory, it's what keeps my skin clear.

#6 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:14 PM

"Oatmeal and bananas both have a high glycemic index, which is also bad for acne. "

Glycemic index has no effect on acne. Don't buy the hype.

#7 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 05:04 PM

you're right, I'm lying to you, because I don't want you to have clear skin...

#8 cjb

cjb

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 10:59 PM

Keep eating the carrots. They are the only healthy thing you are putting in your body, and maybe what is helping your acne -- vit. A. How much iodine do you think is in all the salt you are ingesting by way of processed lunch meat?!
My regimen:

Eat regularly: a wide variety of vegetables, eggs, meat/fish, cheese, yogurt, butter, fruit, nuts/seeds.

Occasionally eat: beans, squash, potatoes.

Don't eat: sugar, grains, most processed food.

#9 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 11:49 PM

I hope not too much, but there's no way I can get rid of all the iodine; no time to cook at home. You need a little iodine anyway, to keep your thyroid from fucking up, so I don't worry about iodine in a few slices of meat or cheese.

#10 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:02 AM

Well at least teplo you have demonstrated to others here how diet affects acne.

Some foods do make acne worse.

The key to controlling acne is a very controlled regimented dieted plan and lifestyle.

Time planning and organisation in our lives are very important.

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#11 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2004 - 05:17 PM

Carrots are very nutritious, and so are apples. The green "Granny Smith" variety have a lot of flavor, are not too sweet, and are a rich source of bioflavonioids.

#12 xx_Jordy_xx

xx_Jordy_xx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE(teplo @ Dec 19 2004, 12:04 AM)
you're right, I'm lying to you, because I don't want you to have clear skin...

View Post

biggrin.gif That's just classic loool

#13 Pika

Pika

boobs

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:54 PM

teplo.. didnt you have a sig with your pic, on certian medications, bp, then diet? your results when you changed your diets were amazing
sorry if i confused users..
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

#14 ~TEPL0~

~TEPL0~

back from the dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2005 - 01:18 AM

yea, you're right; there are a couple of approaches that work for me: I can go to the swimming pool every day, and constantly walk around with BP on my face, take B5 and antibiotics, but that's too much trouble, so I've been figuring out how to keep clear with less work. Now I quit antibiotics, and take B5 and don't eat too much crap. Also keep my skin clean. That seems to work well. BP clears me like 99%, but I dislike walking around with chemicals on my face all day long.