Photo

Hot Foods

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 tdm101

tdm101

Bad Mamma-Jamma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 03:41 PM

I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to whether or not hot and spicy foods inflame acne. The reason I ask is because I usually put habanero or tabasco sauce on nearly everything I eat.

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:02 PM

Nope. Doesn't affect it.

#3 mr_pink

mr_pink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 05:57 PM

Obviously it depends on who you ask...

QUOTE(shriek @ Nov 15 2004, 08:18 PM)
In Chinese medicine, every single type of food has a characteristic, which could be any one of 'cold', 'hot', 'warm', 'plain', 'cool'. Eating 'plain' food will neither improve nor aggravate the problem. Eating 'cold' and 'cool' food will improve the problem, and on the contrary, 'hot' and 'warm' food will aggravate the problem.

'hot' and 'warm' food will cause heat in your body, and 'cool' and 'cold' food cools your body down.

#4 Hyper-pig

Hyper-pig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:36 PM

yes. it does, i always get the feeling of increased testorone levels after eating spicy food and feel really irritated, and my hair scab will feel really itchy after eating them. i will also breakout the next day.

#5 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:59 PM

"yes. it does, i always get the feeling of increased testorone levels after eating spicy food and feel really irritated,"

It's all in your head. Also, people don't have the capability to "feel" increased testosterone levels...

#6 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(Hyper-pig @ Dec 17 2004, 09:36 PM)
yes. it does, i always get the feeling of increased testorone levels after eating spicy food and feel really irritated, and my hair scab will feel really itchy after eating them. i will also breakout the next day.

View Post

women would have beards if that were the case.. eusa_think.gif

#7 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 32
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:19 PM

I think eating spicy food irritates acne. One day I had 4 or 5 active zits and they were going down. That day I ate some Quesidallas with a bunch of jalipino's in them. The next day those five zits that were going down were bright red and irritated. No more spicy food for me while I'm broken out.

#8 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

Ever thought that your bad encounter with jalapenos was just coincidence?

#9 ξ®ٱ©

ξ®ٱ©

Doesn't listen to emotions, listens to logic

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 01:00 AM

I noticed before spicy food turned my face a little red. But this zits were going down, they were lightening up and only 2 days or so from being gone. Then I ate the jalipinos and next I know they're huge. I really think it was the jalipinos i've never had acne flair up that bad after it was going down.

#10 xXillusion

xXillusion

banned

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:54 PM

you guys have such random ideas

#11 tdm101

tdm101

Bad Mamma-Jamma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 02:07 PM

Christ, can't get a straight answer around here. I really hope it doesn't. I haven't noticed, but then again, I haven't tried to measure a relationship between the two factors as of yet. I love hot food though. I even put tabasco sauce on salad and shit.

#12 Guest_OnlyJoe_*

Guest_OnlyJoe_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:54 PM

Im pretty sure acne isnt aggrivated by spicy foods, i understand why ome people think it does though

#13 SuzanneHopes

SuzanneHopes

Gimme Candy!!!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 03:48 PM

tdm101 - Is the spicy food making YOUR acne more inflamed? If you think it IS...why dont you stop with the hot stuff for a week or so ...
and see if there is some improvement....just a bit of smile.gif friendly common sense...

P.S....I love spicy food and it does not effect me...Now, alcohol is a whole different story... rolleyes.gif

#14 Hyper-pig

Hyper-pig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:35 PM

hey benkweller, i understand how u always think the reasons that cause our acne is "everything is in our head". it could be due to your own personal experience because perhaps you might be the 1 in 1000 who does not break out to common reasons (eating chocolate, lack of sleep, masturbation, etc...)

but why cant you just keep an open mind about what everything that people have to say? when you try to convince others that its all in their heads, readers in this msg board may believe you and stop caring about diet (it does affect acne in most people, perhaps not in your case, but keep an open mind, ya? everyones different) and stuffs.

as for spicy food, im 100% sure it affects the skin, all my friends had the same experience too. as for benkweller's theory that its all in our head, well, a few years ago when i ate an extremely spicy indian dish, i broke out real bad, and i did not even had a slightest clue at that time that spicy food will cause breakouts. now, how do u explain that? BK? Judging from your previous postings, im sure you are gonna say coincidental right? but it does not just happen to me, it happens to most ppl around me.

After i had spicy food each time, i always feel the extremely hot sensation in my head which cause a huge irritation which is 100% not in my mind. SO SPICY FOOD DOES WORSEN MY SKIN.

I repeat, BENKWELLER, please keep an open mind. what affects others might not necessarily affect you.

#15 xpicturexshowx

xpicturexshowx

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2004 - 12:40 PM

I don't care what anyone says, I can swear that my face breaks out when I put hot sauce on stuff, and you have no idea how painful it is for me to quit hot food. I'm Indian and I love spicy food.

#16 TMLGirl

TMLGirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2004 - 01:09 PM

I went through a phase where I was so paranoid about what I ate. I thought that eating spicy foods aggrivated my acne a while back. But then I heard that carbs caused acne and so did dairy and red meat, chocolate, the list goes on and on. It got to the point where I was so confused as what to eat and what not to eat, it was really taxing. Maybe some foods do cause acne, but I can't be bothered analyzing everything I put in my mouth. So now I'm on Accutane instead, much less of a hassle for me.

#17 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:19 PM

"hey benkweller, i understand how u always think the reasons that cause our acne is "everything is in our head". it could be due to your own personal experience because perhaps you might be the 1 in 1000 who does not break out to common reasons (eating chocolate, lack of sleep, masturbation, etc...)"

As soon as you bring 999 people who break out for "common reasons" (What the fuck?) I'll think you're not a douche.

"as for spicy food, im 100% sure it affects the skin, all my friends had the same experience too. as for benkweller's theory that its all in our head, well, a few years ago when i ate an extremely spicy indian dish, i broke out real bad, and i did not even had a slightest clue at that time that spicy food will cause breakouts. now, how do u explain that? BK? Judging from your previous postings, im sure you are gonna say coincidental right? but it does not just happen to me, it happens to most ppl around me."

Well with rockhard evidence like that, how can I contend differently? Let's see... are you saying that EVERY single time you eat spicy food, you break out? Define spicy. Define break out.

Thanks.

#18 Hyper-pig

Hyper-pig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:34 AM

Hey BenKweller, im not trying to start an argument or a fight. ok? so do not call me a douche without even knowing who i am.

in your previous posts in another thread, you said that drinking lots of water cleared you up. i have actually tried that methods for weeks where i drank about 3-4 litres each day, but unfortunately it did not work for me. but thats ok, do i have the right to go on saying that the water actually cured you because of "placebo" effect or its all in your mind? isnt that what you always say to people who have found a "miracle cure"? im sure you yourself are very aware that the water method actually cleared you up right, you know its defnitely not in your mind right? similarly, i myself understand that spicy food breaks me out and it defnitely did not happen because my mind says it will.

i believe there are many different methods available to improve acne, and when YOU, says "this method does not work, its all in the mind" to most methods or preventions available, you are actually convincing many readers to stay away from exploring all the possible methods that may actually improve their acnes.

#19 Hyper-pig

Hyper-pig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 08:35 AM

define spicy----- hot food, not as in temperature, as in lots of chilli are used

breakout------ a few pimples forming on both sides of the cheeks

#20 kel

kel

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 09:21 AM

EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT!!!!!!! some people break out over certain foods others dont,its not about wrong or right!!!!!!!!! knowone is wrong if they no what is working or not working for them,a chinese herbalist told me to stay away from spicy foods as it creates heat in the body,yet i find i can eat what i want,yet some people dont,why waste time telling eachother they are wrong ext,when everyone responds differently.