Photo

Ramon Noodles, do they lead to more outbreaks?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Marino3d

Marino3d

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:28 PM

Hi i've been an acne sufferer for a while but as of the last year, i got it under control.......or I thought I did. My acne has exploded back and the same methods i've used to cure it before haven't been helping this time around as much. The only thing i can think of that's changed since before when I was clear was my new found addiction to ramon noodles. This stuff is full of sodium and generally not good for you so I was thinking, could this be a catlyst for my new acne outbreak. I am more then willing to drop them all together if that's the case.

#2 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:36 PM

It's that powdered flavoring stuff thats giving you all the sodium. Anyway ramen is to noodles as McDonalds is to hamburgers. In other words they're both the lowest common demoninator. There are soooo many better tasting noodles out there that are better for you as well.

Correction, rice noodles are worse tasting than ramen(I'm sure there are whole populations ready to rip me in half for saying this).

#3 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:39 PM

I agree, the high amount of sodium or iodine trigger alot of peoples breakouts. Also if your taking a multivitamin with iodine in it and eating alot of salty foods, this could also cause a problem. If you cant resist not eating ramen noodles try only using half or little of the seasoning, you wont notice a huge difference only using half.

#4 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 03:03 PM

Not only concerning breakouts but your wholistic health:

If your ramen is instant, take a look at the ingredients, if it has MSG / monosodium glutamate, it is cancerous.

Try to look for foods to avoid at www.curezone.com on "Foods that kill"

#5 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:15 PM

1) CureZone is full of desperate liars.

2) Noodles don't cause acne.

3) Sodium doesn't cause acne.

4) Iodine doesn't cause acne -- but not having it will cause a bunch of disgusting disfiguring health problems.

#6 -Misfits-

-Misfits-

Bring Out Your Dead

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 04:47 PM

You are so dumb, for many people all of those things cause acne....
[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]
Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy...

#7 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 06:09 PM

what bs. Noodles alone won't give you acne.

Ramen noodles are made of basic ingredients you'd get in a lot of other foods.

Maybe, just maybe acne is rather random, we try to sttribute it to food but its probably a lot more complicated than that

#8 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 07:56 PM

Agreed.

"You are so dumb, for many people all of those things cause acne...."

Really? For many people? Sounds conclusive to me. Just because someone thinks it causes it doesn't mean it's true.

#9 modest mouse

modest mouse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:00 AM

i agree that ramen noodles probably airnt breaking you out. id like you to explain how the people on curezone are desperate liars. how is offering free advice THAT WORKS being a desperate liar??? you act like such a know it all but i havent seen you help anyone's situation. what do you have against holistic health. it seems like common sense that the better your diet is the better your body works, thus the better your skin will become. i just dont understand how you can argue with that. i understand that diet doesnt have an affect on everyone's acne, but i think a great majority of people that have it bad enough to visit a messageboard everyday have something other than just too much sebum or whatever going on. changing my diet helped clear me and made me feel better overall, so why do you want to keep other people from experiencing the same thing?

#10 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 01:04 PM

LOL, well I'm one of those that think that if you are going to eat noodles and lots of noodles, I would pick something other than wheat noodles. I would actually go for Rice noodles such as Thai. This would be your instant noodles, but the instant Thai noodles flavorings do have a bit of added sugar (if that's your problem) so I wouldn't eat it as often as you were eating the Ramen.

There's also Soba noodles, which are made from Buckwheat but make sure it's 100% buckwheat and not a combo of buckwheat & wheat. You can basically substitute rice, corn, quinoa, buckwheat, and maybe amaranth for wheat noodles in pasta dishes. I used to be a big pasta & ramen noodle person (fresh, canned, frozen, packaged) and would eat this stuff several times a week, if not everyday, but not anymore (just don't crave it since changing my diet. Yet, when I do eat gluten-free pasta, I quckly found out that I actually prefer brown rice noodles over wheat ;-)

Switching your pastas is a small switch and it may or may not produce any results (it could it you eat it all the time though). So it really depends on whether or not wheat is responsible for aggrivating your acne condition and how sensitive your are to a certain amount. If you are really sensitve, you'll have to give up more than just wheat noodles....
These are not steps, but stages some people progress through when going from conventional to holistic medicine. Stage 2 is how I became 99%+ Clear, eliminated my dysmennorhea, significantly reduced my sebum & pore size, etc & is my predominant method.

Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.

Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.

Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)

Research:
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.

#11 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2004 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 18 2004, 02:15 PM)
1) CureZone is full of desperate liars.
2) Noodles don't cause acne.
3) Sodium doesn't cause acne.
4) Iodine doesn't cause acne -- but not having it will cause a bunch of disgusting disfiguring health problems.

View Post

I was pointing out that MSG is toxic and it is found in Instant Noodles.

Can anyone just ban BenKweller? Ben, no offense meant, can you just leave here, you may advocate your opposing beliefs to several other Acne boards.

#12 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

"i agree that ramen noodles probably airnt breaking you out. id like you to explain how the people on curezone are desperate liars. how is offering free advice THAT WORKS being a desperate liar??? you act like such a know it all but i havent seen you help anyone's situation. what do you have against holistic health. it seems like common sense that the better your diet is the better your body works, thus the better your skin will become. i just dont understand how you can argue with that. i understand that diet doesnt have an affect on everyone's acne, but i think a great majority of people that have it bad enough to visit a messageboard everyday have something other than just too much sebum or whatever going on. changing my diet helped clear me and made me feel better overall, so why do you want to keep other people from experiencing the same thing?"

I have no problem with people experiencing whatever they like -- but a great majority of people have no food/acne connection. CureZone is full of desperate liars because a) they want to create a cult of health freaks b) it DOESN'T work (you're wrong there) and c) it makes a hobby of convincing people everything is wrong with them.

"Can anyone just ban BenKweller? Ben, no offense meant, can you just leave here, you may advocate your opposing beliefs to several other Acne boards."

Thanks, Stalin. Why not castrate me so I can't create children with my crazy opposing beliefs. Opposing beliefs is what makes a message board a message board -- if you just want to see yourself talk, find a mirror.

#13 Krg

Krg

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2004 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 18 2004, 11:15 PM)
[...]4) Iodine doesn't cause acne -- but not having it will cause a bunch of disgusting disfiguring health problems.

View Post

What about this?

http://www.mothernat.../Books/47/2.cfm
"Iodine is a factor in some people who are prone to acne," says James E. Fulton, Jr., M.D., Ph.D. " Iodine enters the body and mixes into the bloodstream, with the excess excreted through the oil glands. As it is excreted, it irritates the pores and brings on an acne flare-up."

http://www.usana.com...DIT_13850.shtml
Excess supplementation of iodine may cause or exacerbate acneiform eruptions.13 Kelp as a dietary supplement14 or fast foods15 may contain sufficient iodine for this adverse effect.

#14 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 21 December 2004 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE(Andrei @ Dec 18 2004, 01:03 PM)
Not only concerning breakouts but your wholistic health:

If your ramen is instant, take a look at the ingredients, if it has MSG / monosodium glutamate, it is cancerous.

Try to look for foods to avoid at www.curezone.com on "Foods that kill"

View Post

Can you give me an example of primary food to avoid and food that I should intake more?

#15 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 12:35 AM

"Excess supplementation of iodine may cause or exacerbate acneiform eruptions"

I'm not talking about the superhuman doses of iodine that that doctor is referring to.

#16 Andrei

Andrei

»(^__^)«

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE(Brandon @ Dec 21 2004, 08:09 PM)
Can you give me an example of primary food to avoid and food that I should intake more?

View Post

1. Primary food? Chinese foods lol. Uhh.. Chinese foods are known to be served with MSG. One time when we went out eating in an eat-all-you-can chinese restaurant, all of us suddenly had headache and stopped binging halfway our 3rd/4th plate refill, except for one who only ate ice cream desserts.

2. Avoid Canned foods, spam, sausage, campbell style foods. If instant food packs are inevitable, ALWAYS LOOK AT THE INGREDIENTS.

3. Well if you're a man, tomatoes are good for prostate health. Tomatoes when boiled, lycopene is secreted as a reaction to being heated, good for the heart. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies..

How to eat:
-Eat Fruits ALONE, preferrably on empty stomach
-Best way to eat fatty foods are with vegetables (e.g. brocolli + steak)

**Don't stress yourself, exercise, drink water half your body weight, in ounces

#17 modest mouse

modest mouse

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2004 - 06:34 AM

im not even a big advocater of curezone, because i agree with you that they do make everyone seem sicker than they actually are and i dont really agree with the lifestyle of avoiding everything that will cause you harm just so you will feel better. I really dont notice a change in how i feel after eating shitty foods compared to good foods. But it did get rid of my acne, theres no way you can convince me otherwise. You just have to stop and ask yourself how you can call the people at curezone desperate liars and such. They are all just there to help people, and thats what they do. Nobodies making you listen to them, but many people do. Quit hating

#18 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 December 2004 - 03:57 PM

Thanks Andrei. I knew that Chinese food has MSG, but damn I love the stuff so much!

#19 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:26 AM

well if you compare asian food with western food, you realise that their food has barely any added crap that western stuff has

I look at the japanese ramen I buy, it has no preservatives, msg or anything like that in the noodles or the soup mix. I look at my pot noodle, its got loadsa weird stuff in it.

I buy this strawberry candy with 5 ingredients, the western version has about 30.

And by the way, you can order chinese without msg, just ask...

#20 dura-luxe

dura-luxe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2004 - 11:58 AM

If I ate ramen noodles all the time, I would just be sick in general.

They're cheap and easy, but you do feel awful when you're done. And there's not much nutritional value.

If it's not causing it, it's certainly not helping.
Routine:

Verilux ClearWave light therapy daily

Diet:
Low-sugar, low-carb. Salmon, coconut, olive oil, green smoothies, kefir, carrot juice. No alcohol. Detox and 'Sugar Balance' tea from Triple Leaf. Water!

Prescriptions;
Spironolactone 100mg/day, Yasmin, Minocycline.

Current supplements:
Rainbow Light Women's 1 Multivitamin, Nature's Plus Sugar Control, DIM, Taurine, EFAs, Probiotics

Cleansing:
Wash with Nizoral and Cetaphil, facial steaming, egg white mask, epsom salt mask.