Photo

Hmm, the raw food diet...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#21 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:52 PM

Have you thought that maybe, just maybe, your clear because... you stopped washing your face and bombarding it with creams? I love when people come here and say, "Cutting ___ out from my diet made me clear! I even stopped using BP and soaps!" without thinking that maybe it was the soap and not the food that caused their breakouts.

Mhm.

#22 mr_pink

mr_pink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:48 AM

I haven't washed my face or used any creams for about 7 years, so no... I'm sure there are ways to balance your diet perfectly so you can eat almost anything you want, but this works too and I feel more healthy than ever before. Even if I knew I could eat anything without getting acne, I would still continue to be on this diet since it makes me feel so good and gives me more energy.

I dare you to try this for two weeks and if it doesn't work I'll shut up.

#23 Michael66

Michael66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 09:33 AM

Yeah, please stop turning all the threads into personal insults. "you this and you that". This thread is about the diet which it proposes, and please feel free to try it and report the results.

#24 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 04:19 PM

I didn't insult anyone in my last post. I don't see what my picking apart your idea has to do with hurting people's feelings.

#25 mr_pink

mr_pink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 05:30 PM

I wouldn't say you've been particular successful at picking apart this idea. The diet has helped me and several thousands of other people with all kinds of different health problems. There are people in here who are desperate enough to have spent thousands of dollars on acne products, so what harm could it possibly do to try this out for two weeks? All you have to do is buy some fruit and nuts and avoid all food that is not raw. No more messing with washing your face every day or buying expensive creams and what not. It's not we're asking you to buy expensive drugs (like say Accutane) that most likely will screw up your body for a long time.

#26 Michael66

Michael66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 06:41 PM

Please feel free to add any insight into the diet. Picking it apart is what discussion is all about, so far I haven't seen any of it.

So far I haven't fully adapted this diet, but I am only eating prepared food (brown rice, yams, or fish/meat/chicken) once a day. The rest of the day, it is fruits, seeds/nuts and avocates (or how they are spelled). I like it.

#27 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:09 PM

You're one in a million guy. It's really hard to believe that in 7 years of having acne you didn't try anything to stop it topically. Congrats if you're clear though.

#28 mr_pink

mr_pink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Dec 18 2004, 03:09 AM)
You're one in a million guy. It's really hard to believe that in 7 years of having acne you didn't try anything to stop it topically. Congrats if you're clear though.

View Post

What makes you think I had acne for only 7 years? I've been through the same shit as everyone else on the forums. Tried all kinds of topicals and even went on tetracycline for over a year (it did help my acne while I took it but it also ruined my health). What's your own experience of the raw diet? Have you actually gone two weeks without eating any prepared food? Cutting out chocolate from the diet and then claiming diet is not related to acne is not good enough. Like I said I challenge you to follow the strict diet for two weeks and if you don't see drastical improvement then I won't mention it again. And if you fail, I would like to know exactly what you've been eating since it usually turns up that persons that fail haven't been following the diet to 100%. The diet requires some serious commitment, but if you've suffered as much from acne as me the choice is simple really.

#29 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:18 PM

So... you have used topicals... point proven.

"All you have to do is buy some fruit and nuts and avoid all food that is not raw. "

Sounds pretty simple. I'm enlightened.

"And if you fail, I would like to know exactly what you've been eating since it usually turns up that persons that fail haven't been following the diet to 100%."

That's what keeps ludicrous ideas like this going-- that it's always a seemingly great ability to say, "Oh... didn't work? You must've accidentally eaten a french fry!" Regardless of your personal belief in the acne/diet connection, it's physically impossible for a small fib in diet to account for a huge breakout.

#30 mr_pink

mr_pink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 18 2004, 06:18 AM)
So... you have used topicals... point proven.

"All you have to do is buy some fruit and nuts and avoid all food that is not raw. "

Sounds pretty simple. I'm enlightened.

That's only for a period of two weeks! And you're right it is simple... At least compared to getting a liver flush or some of the other methods that's been suggested right here on the forum.

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 18 2004, 06:18 AM)
"And if you fail, I would like to know exactly what you've been eating since it usually turns up that persons that fail haven't been following the diet to 100%."

That's what keeps ludicrous ideas like this going-- that it's always a seemingly great ability to say, "Oh... didn't work? You must've accidentally eaten a french fry!" Regardless of your personal belief in the acne/diet connection, it's physically impossible for a small fib in diet to account for a huge breakout.

View Post

Well it is important that you eat fat after every time you've eaten fruit due to all the natural sugar in fruit (ratio should be 1 gram fat per 2 gram sugar). Little stuff like that can alter your progress (we're only talking about the initial two weeks), so it helps to know how and what the person has been eating. I'm not saying you will get a huge breakout, but some people are initially VERY sensitive and get new pimples if say they eat too much sashimi (raw fish). The point with keeping a 100% strict diet for two weeks is to prove that it really is the diet that's giving the results. After the two weeks, you can experiment with adding certain food into your diet one at a time. If you get new pimples after adding for example prepared meat to your diet, then you'll know that your body can't handle it (at least not at the moment).

#31 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:48 PM

The question here is whether the diet works by healing your body or simply because it depletes your body so much of what it needs that it doesn't have the ability to form an immune response in the form of acne.

#32 mr_pink

mr_pink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 18 2004, 06:48 AM)
The question here is whether the diet works by healing your body or simply because it depletes your body so much of what it needs that it doesn't have the ability to form an immune response in the form of acne.

View Post

I'm a professional athlete that work out 1-2 times a day, 7 times a week (been doing that for the past 10 years). I can say that since I switched to this diet, I've gained more energy and my immune defense seemed to have gotten a boost since I haven't been sick ever since (I used to get sick EVERY winter). My hair, nails and everything is stronger as well so I really don't follow your argument.

#33 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 December 2004 - 11:53 PM

Oh alright. What sport are you a pro in?

#34 SteveBrown

SteveBrown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2004 - 12:36 AM

But humans have been cooking with fire for a million years or so. I think we have an instinctive revulsion for raw meat. Cooked yams are tender, sweet, and easy to eat. Raw, they're tough and pulpy, a real chore to eat and digest.

#35 ezekiel

ezekiel

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 02:38 AM

i tried this diet for two weeks. worked very well, but, you need some SERIOUS commitment to do it. i am back on the diet again after sliding big time, but will use xmas day as a good excuse to pig out on trash food. after eating processed and cooked foods all your life, going raw, even for two weeks is tuff. but if you want results, i highly recommend it!

#36 Michael66

Michael66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 06:15 AM

QUOTE(SteveBrown @ Dec 18 2004, 06:36 AM)
But humans have been cooking with fire for a million years or so. I think we have an instinctive revulsion for raw meat. Cooked yams are tender, sweet, and easy to eat. Raw, they're tough and pulpy, a real chore to eat and digest.

View Post

True, true.

#37 slim

slim

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 December 2004 - 08:33 AM

HI, I support the raw food idea. What you eat is what you will be. Cows and chickens are fed hormones to make them larger and our bodies are affected by them when we eat meat.

I also agree that what you put on your face and in your hair plays a part in the acne cycle. I changed everything and had great success. I am now zit free. See the links to my blog for what I did. It's on the board in an entry with the title
BP FREE ACID FREE SKIN CARE - ZIT FREE It's how to stop the vicious cycle without harsh chemicals. Happy Holidays! SHAZ AKA SLIM