Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hmm, the raw food diet...

37 posts in this topic

Please feel free to add any insight into the diet. Picking it apart is what discussion is all about, so far I haven't seen any of it.

So far I haven't fully adapted this diet, but I am only eating prepared food (brown rice, yams, or fish/meat/chicken) once a day. The rest of the day, it is fruits, seeds/nuts and avocates (or how they are spelled). I like it.

You're one in a million guy. It's really hard to believe that in 7 years of having acne you didn't try anything to stop it topically. Congrats if you're clear though.

You're one in a million guy. It's really hard to believe that in 7 years of having acne you didn't try anything to stop it topically. Congrats if you're clear though.

So... you have used topicals... point proven.

"All you have to do is buy some fruit and nuts and avoid all food that is not raw. "

Sounds pretty simple. I'm enlightened.

"And if you fail, I would like to know exactly what you've been eating since it usually turns up that persons that fail haven't been following the diet to 100%."

That's what keeps ludicrous ideas like this going-- that it's always a seemingly great ability to say, "Oh... didn't work? You must've accidentally eaten a french fry!" Regardless of your personal belief in the acne/diet connection, it's physically impossible for a small fib in diet to account for a huge breakout.

So... you have used topicals... point proven.

"All you have to do is buy some fruit and nuts and avoid all food that is not raw. "

Sounds pretty simple. I'm enlightened.

The question here is whether the diet works by healing your body or simply because it depletes your body so much of what it needs that it doesn't have the ability to form an immune response in the form of acne.

The question here is whether the diet works by healing your body or simply because it depletes your body so much of what it needs that it doesn't have the ability to form an immune response in the form of acne.

But humans have been cooking with fire for a million years or so. I think we have an instinctive revulsion for raw meat. Cooked yams are tender, sweet, and easy to eat. Raw, they're tough and pulpy, a real chore to eat and digest.

i tried this diet for two weeks. worked very well, but, you need some SERIOUS commitment to do it. i am back on the diet again after sliding big time, but will use xmas day as a good excuse to pig out on trash food. after eating processed and cooked foods all your life, going raw, even for two weeks is tuff. but if you want results, i highly recommend it!

But humans have been cooking with fire for a million years or so. I think we have an instinctive revulsion for raw meat. Cooked yams are tender, sweet, and easy to eat. Raw, they're tough and pulpy, a real chore to eat and digest.

HI, I support the raw food idea. What you eat is what you will be. Cows and chickens are fed hormones to make them larger and our bodies are affected by them when we eat meat.

I also agree that what you put on your face and in your hair plays a part in the acne cycle. I changed everything and had great success. I am now zit free. See the links to my blog for what I did. It's on the board in an entry with the title

BP FREE ACID FREE SKIN CARE - ZIT FREE It's how to stop the vicious cycle without harsh chemicals. Happy Holidays! SHAZ AKA SLIM