Hmm, the raw food diet...
Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:14 PM
Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:56 PM
Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:00 PM
What kind of nutrients can you get by heating though? I now eat only a heated meal perhaps once a day (brown rice or some fish). Can someone explain that to me, please
Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:05 PM
Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:09 PM
Anyway I think this raw food idea is good if you take it with no exageration.
Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:28 PM
Sensitive people cannot deal with the large presence of antibodies in raw food items. Even cows cannot, so they "cook", that is, ferment their food in their stomachs, and birds do something similar in their goiter. It is also difficult to crush the sturdy cell walls of raw foods such as cauliflower, whole grains, pulses, etc. through chewing and make use of the enzymes and nutrients these cells contain, unless, of course, heat breaks down the cellulose. Although raw food may have more nutrients in it than cooked food, it doesn't necessarily get used by the body, especially by Vata and Kapha types whose digestive fire (AGNI) is naturally low. Pitta types with a strong digestion may be able to live of raw foods for a certain length of time in the warmer seaso, but in the long-term their immune systems may also be overtaxed through constant secretion of antibodies needed to fight the plant antibodies (antigens). Heat would naturally destroy these antigens.
Also....just thinking about lycopene, the enzyme in tomatoes that is thought to be a cancer fighter and immune booster, needs to be heated, preferably with oil, in order to be absorbed. That's just an example off the top of my head.
Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:53 PM
Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:24 PM
Right but this is the same website that supports your water pinching the sebaceos glands theory thus causing edema in the skin. You've knocked this website down before (despite people's results), yet this is theory that you somewhat (?) adhere to yourself as to a possible reason why drinking water helped clear you.
Stage 1 (Treatment):
* (Daily) Isocare Skin Control Cleanser, Dream Products Customized Natural Face Lotion & Coppertone Sport Spray Sunscreen (mixed)
* (Sporadically) spot treat w/ anti-inflammatory (neosporin, hydrocortisone, salicylic acid) or a skin lightener (post-inflammatory pigmentation) to treat stubborn cystic/nodular acne that appears due to unknowingly or knowingly ingesting a food/ingredient that breaks me out (I do my best to avoid these foods). If you cover treated area w/ a bandaid, it makes product more effective.
Stage 2 (Prevention): "cheapest" method ~ Since Aug. 2002
* Follow a Gluten-Free, Trans-Fat Free, Dairy-Free and No Added Sugar diet for my Insulin Resistance/Hyperandrogenism (Silent Chronic Inflammatory Syndrome)
* Avoid ALL types of nuts and the Genus Prunus (almonds, plums, peaches, nectarines, apricots, cherries), Bananas, Pineapples, Cottonseed oil, Artificial Sweetners.
Stage 3 (Correction):
* 1/18/08 Ultimate Colon Cleanse (30 day program)
* Developing functional foods for those with acne & other special needs (assuming there's a defficiency).
* Developing good & "safe" formulas for various hormonal issues for women. Correction stage may resolve this for some.
Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:03 PM
Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:03 PM
Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:38 PM
Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:59 PM
Hmm. dont remember saying "Yeah, hes dumb". But i do remember YOU saying that in several posts on these boards. I dont see how commenting on how jade got you good, just a figure of speech, because you clearly think your so high and mighty, makes me look like a dunce?Seems like your the one who is upset.
Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:34 AM
Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:06 AM
I wasnt aware that these free internet acne boards had a rule where you had to post something intelligent everytime. A simple joke, or a comment here and there doesnt hurt. Grow up.
Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:56 PM
Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:13 PM
Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:46 PM
Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:57 PM
We will crush team eco internet and those damn playboy bunnies.
Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:13 PM
Try it for two weeks and I almost guarantee that you'll notice a difference. My diet consists of my mostly fruit, raw egg yolks and brazil nuts. I never get hungry anymore and I've never had this much energy before.