Photo

Hmm, the raw food diet...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 Michael66

Michael66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

I have seen this before, and it does make some sense. Has anyone gone through this diet?

#2 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:56 PM

IMHO....raw food diet is not good in the long run, maybe only for small portions of time. Some foods need to be heated or cooked in order for your body to assimilate the nutrients. Adding MORE raw into your diet is healthy, I think, but making it a lifestyle whereby it is all you eat is something I really don't buy into.

#3 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 03:58 PM

Sounds scammy to me...

#4 Michael66

Michael66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:00 PM

Yeah, but there is nothing on sale on that site.
What kind of nutrients can you get by heating though? I now eat only a heated meal perhaps once a day (brown rice or some fish). Can someone explain that to me, please cool.gif

#5 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:05 PM

The same website claims that diabetes is caused by sugar and that milk has a direct cause in the formation of cancer. Scammy.

#6 Michael66

Michael66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:09 PM

Perhaps.
Anyway I think this raw food idea is good if you take it with no exageration.

#7 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

Here is one thought on the matter:

Sensitive people cannot deal with the large presence of antibodies in raw food items. Even cows cannot, so they "cook", that is, ferment their food in their stomachs, and birds do something similar in their goiter. It is also difficult to crush the sturdy cell walls of raw foods such as cauliflower, whole grains, pulses, etc. through chewing and make use of the enzymes and nutrients these cells contain, unless, of course, heat breaks down the cellulose. Although raw food may have more nutrients in it than cooked food, it doesn't necessarily get used by the body, especially by Vata and Kapha types whose digestive fire (AGNI) is naturally low. Pitta types with a strong digestion may be able to live of raw foods for a certain length of time in the warmer seaso, but in the long-term their immune systems may also be overtaxed through constant secretion of antibodies needed to fight the plant antibodies (antigens). Heat would naturally destroy these antigens.

Also....just thinking about lycopene, the enzyme in tomatoes that is thought to be a cancer fighter and immune booster, needs to be heated, preferably with oil, in order to be absorbed. That's just an example off the top of my head.

#8 Michael66

Michael66

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 05:53 PM

38 out 49 veggies tested on some sites, had more nutrients absorbed when heated. However this given site advocates eating stuff that is better raw than cooked, thank god, it doesn't mean you have to munch rice uncooked.

#9 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 14 2004, 03:05 PM)
The same website claims that diabetes is caused by sugar and that milk has a direct cause in the formation of cancer. Scammy.

View Post

Right but this is the same website that supports your water pinching the sebaceos glands theory thus causing edema in the skin. You've knocked this website down before (despite people's results), yet this is theory that you somewhat (?) adhere to yourself as to a possible reason why drinking water helped clear you.

#10 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 09:03 PM

I've never seen the water pinching seb. glands theory on the site -- my bashing of the site can continue despite one coincidental good idea.

#11 jalrus

jalrus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:03 PM

Ouch Ben, jade got you good. Ha i like how people are crushing you left and right.

#12 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:38 PM

? jalrus -- I know you're upset that you were shot down in your post to gather critisism against me but I already responded to SweetJade. Unlike you, I respect her ability to make intelligent comments (even if they are against my opinion) -- you on the other hand seem to just respond to posts saying, "Yeah, he's dumb!" while looking like a dunce in the process.

#13 jalrus

jalrus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2004 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 14 2004, 09:38 PM)
? jalrus -- I know you're upset that you were shot down in your post to gather critisism against me but I already responded to SweetJade. Unlike you, I respect her ability to make intelligent comments (even if they are against my opinion) -- you on the other hand seem to just respond to posts saying, "Yeah, he's dumb!" while looking like a dunce in the process.

View Post

Hmm. dont remember saying "Yeah, hes dumb". But i do remember YOU saying that in several posts on these boards. I dont see how commenting on how jade got you good, just a figure of speech, because you clearly think your so high and mighty, makes me look like a dunce?Seems like your the one who is upset.

#14 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 12:34 AM

Well Jade said that... and I responded and it was resolved. I don't see what you contributed by saying, "Ha! Got him there" after I responded to the "charge." You're a dunce because you have nothing intelligent to contribute.

#15 jalrus

jalrus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE(BenKweller @ Dec 14 2004, 10:34 PM)
Well Jade said that... and I responded and it was resolved. I don't see what you contributed by saying, "Ha! Got him there" after I responded to the "charge." You're a dunce because you have nothing intelligent to contribute.

View Post

I wasnt aware that these free internet acne boards had a rule where you had to post something intelligent everytime. A simple joke, or a comment here and there doesnt hurt. Grow up. eusa_dance.gif

#16 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:56 PM

I have no problem if you post something about me being stupid -- but you were late and seemed desperate. 'Tis all.

#17 jalrus

jalrus

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:13 PM

Hmm...according to the timestamp on the post i was an hour late.LOL sorry i could race to the pc to sting you faster. Man you are the king or bad excuses. eusa_whistle.gif rolleyes.gif eusa_naughty.gif eusa_pray.gif lol.gif eusa_sick.gif eusa_eh.gif eusa_doh.gif doubt.gif eusa_boohoo.gif

#18 OzPower

OzPower

Arrogant Australian who talks to much :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:46 PM

You need to lose the word diet from your vocabulary permanently, anything that involves putting your body under stress for short periods of time in unhealthy. However if you plan on eating raw foods all the time and you can tolerate the type of food then power to you buddy! You'll end up a very healthy person, without a doubt the healthiest person on here smile.gif

#19 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 December 2004 - 06:57 PM

nah, I'm the healthiest person here. I'm training for my end goal, the Eco Challenge. ninja.gif Now if they could only replace the running with some more kyaking, rapelling, or mountain navigating I'd be in business.

We will crush team eco internet and those damn playboy bunnies.

#20 mr_pink

mr_pink

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2004 - 10:13 PM

I've been on the diet for over a year, and I've been clear ever since. I don't wash my face or use any creams either. My skin has become much softer all over the body, and even my hair seemed to have benefited from this.

Try it for two weeks and I almost guarantee that you'll notice a difference. My diet consists of my mostly fruit, raw egg yolks and brazil nuts. I never get hungry anymore and I've never had this much energy before.