Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eskimo

alcohol

26 posts in this topic

It always seems to me that whenever I drink alcohol (especialy beer), I break out a quite badly afterwards. Does anyone know why this is or know anything about it, because it can get really annoying having to stay sober all the time,

Thanks

Yeah, try drinking hard alcohol such as Vodka and Coke or Gin and Tonic or something like that when you go out. Most likely something in the beer such as Gluten that is causing you problems. Because hard alcohol is distilled it doesn't contain as many impurities or things like gluten.

I find that drinking beer improves my skin.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

Thanks for that guys, Gin and Tonic is my new drink. Does Gluten actually make you break out? coz I eat quite a lot of bread

I used to think beer made my acne worse, but my skin stayed the same when I stopped drinking for 1.5 weeks. So now I've gone back to my usual 8 pints Guinness/week.

Thanks for that guys, Gin and Tonic is my new drink. Does Gluten actually make you break out? coz I eat quite a lot of bread

i have found out that drinking alcohol will make my skin looks really really bad for the nxt 1 or 2 hrs. but the hrs after that, my red marks will be completely gone, but they will reappear and get slightly worse(could be mental) the next day.

Beer contians yeast, if you want good skin dont drink it. although, guiness contains high levels of iron, people react in differnt ways to this.

Spirits, are ok as long as there not in excess.

Wines, are GREAT, especially red!

Im pretty sure this is right from whay i can remeber, feel free to correct me.

It would be ok to drink in moderation i would imagine.

Tom

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

i know ure supposed to drink 1 and a half glasses of wine cos its goos for the skin.

dont listen to em I think alcohol relaxes your skin biggrin.gif

Exactly, just look at Dave's avatar. If you drink hot women will want to have sex with you. It's a scientific fact.

"Look at the leaves of forest trees and see how dark green they are.

Think about your skin and the power of the forest."

-MelbourneBloke

If you can, have a beer or two every night after work or school. It's healthy for you.

Clear at last, Clear at last... thank God almighty I'm Clear at last

One beer a day is good for you

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/LondonFreePr.../15/629552.html

I've noticed that my skin always looks better in the morning after I've been drinking the night before. Can't figure it out. Might just be short-term and worse in the long-term. I dunno. Someone else said theirs looked better after drinking in another thread too. I suppose it's just like everything else, depends on the person.

if you have one beer a night your body will build up a dependancy of one beer a night and you will become addicted even though it will only bea small dependancy it can happen just as easy as binge drinkers. therefore i dont recommend anyone drinking one beer a night long term.

i got abolsutely sloshed a few months back at my sisters birthday i mean completely gone lol, and i broke out the next day on my chest wen i NEVER had a single spot on my chest before. now i get them n theyhaven;t gone away since.

xmas eve tonight so goin pub - acne will NOT stop me drinkin! im clear on my face now - how did everyone find regimen on body acne???

Most light coloured beers contain only traces of gluten or no gluten at all. Most dark beers do contain gluten and overfermented beers like Guiness Stout can contain high amounts of gluten.