Photo

creatine/whey/working out

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Ubert

Ubert

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 10:45 PM

I saw this topic posted a while back, but i'd like to reopen it for discussion because now it concerns me. Having found a new interest in bulking up, i've been told countless times the way to do it is Creatine before work out, then whey. I remember people claiming creatine infuriated their skin, others said Whey protein did. I know everyone's body is different, and reacts differently to chemicals....but what are your thoughts? Thanks.

#2 Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 11:46 AM

I took creatine one day because I got it from a gift from someone and thought I would try it out. The next few days I had a nasty little breakout and knew it was from the creatine because I had been eating like usual when I was clear. The same with whey protein, although the breakouts werent as bad as the creatine. I mostly got the breakouts on my back and always had one or two on my face from whey. People have posted on here somewhere before some different types of protein that didnt break them out. Maybe some without maldextrose(sp?) as one of the type ingrediants since its basically sugar. Good Luck

#3 Ubert

Ubert

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:49 PM

I'm wondering though...with acne you break out at random times, for me at least, its not schedualed in anyway..* I wish * , I'm wondering if, since you suffer from acne, the break out(s) were merly coincidences because you were destined to break out one way or another lol. Or maybe there is some truth in the claims that ingredients will cause acne..

#4 Noxious Infestation

Noxious Infestation

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 04:59 PM

Creatine seriously fucked up my skin!!
So i stoped using it. But I still take Whey Protein, and have had no real adverse effects

#5 JTLN

JTLN

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:37 PM

I use Whey Protein and don't see any problems with it...

#6 bern

bern

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:25 AM

Creatine is known to have bad effects on skin for some people. Probably best to avoid it if you are acne prone. Whey protein on the other hand really isnt the problem, the problem is the increased level of testosterone the body goes through when you begin lifting weights. Compound exercises such as bench press, deadlifts and squats increase testosterone dramatically, which can lead to more acne.

I have noticed more acne since i started working out seriously. Been doing it for about a year now. The benefits of a great looking body outweigh the acne in my opinion, depending on how severe it is for you. If i didn't workout i'd *probably* be 100% clear, but i love lifting weights too much. Working out is great, keep at it!

#7 ltplcap

ltplcap

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2004 - 02:53 AM

look diet has nothing to do with acne...its genetics, you might have not been the lucky one for the oil glands to skip, i have been takeing protein for more than 7 years and have not broken out from it, and i take 450 grams nowadays, the only thing that broke me out me out was 1 anabolic substance and i don't use that one anymore but still do use anabolics, but i know of friends that don't break out at all on anabolics and ones that break out horribly even with mild anabolics..... so like i said its all genetics, so shut up about diet already

#8 Guest_Brandon_*

Guest_Brandon_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 08 December 2004 - 03:41 AM

Summer of 2003 I started taking Creatine and Protein, and right around that time I broke out like a mutha. Big time. I was relatively clear up until that point too. I stuck with the tandem though almost the full duration of the summer before I gave it up and came here in September. Since then, I haven't had any breakouts remotely close to how severe as the summer. I've been taking the Protein again and nothing major has changed in regards to my skin. Therefore, I attribute my flareup to the creatine. Those red marks are still lingering and reminding me of that shit!

#9 Oakley

Oakley

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2004 - 08:36 PM

i have used both creatine and whey with no adverse affects........

as for other things in your diet, it depends on what your eating. Some things are worse for you than others.

For instance i seem to break out when i have alot of milk products, so i limit my dairy to cottage cheese (fat free) 250mls a day.

however maybe you have problems with oats, or gluten etc.......allergies or problems digesting foods could play a role in what causes outbreaks

However, I am a believer that genetics, stress, sleep, hygene (spelling?) and diet play the major roles....and IMO likely in that order as well.

If everyone broke out just b/c they worked out, or b/c they took creatine, most lifters would have bad skin, and most lifters i see, are clear unless juicing, which can and cannot be a cause for outbreaks

#10 Guest_Stu :-)_*

Guest_Stu :-)_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 15 December 2004 - 05:46 AM

I broke out from Creatine, Twice! plus the sh1t kept me up at night too. Nasty stuff. Altough i certainly felt strength gains, it wasn't worth the price of scars and sleep deprivation.
I take Whey and have no problems with it at all. Even mixture drinks that contain Carbs.
Trial and error i guess, it may work ok for you..

Stu