Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michaelangelo

Supplements/Vitamins

16 posts in this topic

I want to make a change in my supplements and need some opinions what to take.

Lately I have been getting alot of breakouts around my mouth.

The vitamins I have are (I'm not taking all of them)

-Vit C

-Cod Liver Oil

-Fish Oil

-Zinc

-B6

-B5 - All in Pill Form

-Milk Thistle

-Vitamin E

-Copper

-Probiotics

-Brewers Yeast

-Flax Seed Oil

Also make suggestions if I should purchase any new ones and take them.

Hmm..yeah but honeslty who can eat a balanced diet every single day of the week?

Its too damn hard and sometimes you gotta hit the drive thru. smile.gif

I agree the vitamins will NOT cure acne. I never had much luck with that route..although you should definately keep taking them for other reasons.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

That's a lot of stuff to be supplementing with. If I were you i'd just opt for some Zinc if you aren't eating meat regularly enough, and maybe some vitamin C if you feel like pushing the boat out or you aren't eating a proper balanced diet with veg/fruit in it.

"Look at the leaves of forest trees and see how dark green they are.

Think about your skin and the power of the forest."

-MelbourneBloke

yes, allthose vitamins are pointless. it easy to get the rda of most of those through normal diet

I want to make a change in my supplements and need some opinions what to take.

Lately I have been getting alot of breakouts around my mouth.

The vitamins I have are (I'm not taking all of them)

-Vit C

-Cod Liver Oil

-Fish Oil

-Zinc

-B6

-B5                                            - All in Pill Form

-Milk Thistle

-Vitamin E

-Copper

-Probiotics

-Brewers Yeast

-Flax Seed Oil

Also make suggestions if I should purchase any new ones and take them.

Best to take just before a meal. I take them after every proper meal and sometimes big snacks like a king size snickers.

Check the ingredients on the Vitamin E.  The natural form will list d-alpha Tocopherol where as the un-natural chemical version will list d1-alpha Tocopherol as the ingredient.  The natural is what you want, the chemically based one will aggravate acne.

Just research I did a while back.  The natural form is obviously preferable to any chemically based version.  The natural form is also much more easily absorbed so you get more benefit from it.

I think we will agree to differ then. The information I obtained about vitamin E was from a University library and from medical studies/journals not from some quack selling funny tasting tea that supposedly cures cancer.

In my local health store the synthetic petroleum based vitamin E and the natural form are within 25 pence of each other so not like it is a big difference.

Whichever of us is correct I would always prefer the natural version rather than a chemically based one even if the chemically based one worked fractionally better.

The natural form IS better-- consider that in foods, we never find pure vitamin E existing on its own. Nutrients require synergistic compunds for absorption, coenzymes, flavonoids and the like. I know that vitamin C better absorbed when taken with an orange, for example.

Plaquoid-mucous cleansing-type junk, liver flushing, colloidal silver, coral calcium... these are definitely NOT part of my regimen

The information I obtained about vitamin E was from a University library and from medical studies/journals...

The natural form IS better-- consider that in foods, we never find pure vitamin E existing on its own.