Photo

Acne its all in are heads !!!!!!!!!!

green tea

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 burn

burn

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 05:46 AM

For the last couple of weeks i have realli tried hard to reduce my acne like eat right drink green tea ect eat carefully, but it went realli bad and was worryin about it. So i thought fuck this might as well eat normal foods and drink what i want beer ect and stop worryin. Now my acne is clearing up and im using pure zone now which last year got me free of acne i only get acne in winter summer im completely free and have great skin i bet if i lived in a hot country i would never get it.

#2 Maddy43

Maddy43

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 06:56 AM

Hi Burn,

I'm like that, all summer my skin is pretty much OK, just the odd spot here and there. Then the minute the climate changes it goes from very mild to moderate. Perhaps we should emigrate! smile.gif

#3 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 08:20 AM

all in our heads? what a loada bull. so how did we get it in the first place?

#4 SteveLewis

SteveLewis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 09:35 AM

Also, a few weeks of trying to heal is not enough. Why would an affliction that plagued you for years take a week or two to heal up? You need to put an effort into cleaning out your system with a good diet and do that for a few months to notice good results.

#5 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:51 PM

Acne starts because of hormones -- its long continuation is because it's all in your heads; I agree.

"You need to put an effort into cleaning out your system with a good diet and do that for a few months to notice good results."

There's nothing to clean out. Does something confuse you about that? Do you think every single person who has acne needs to "clean out their system?" Our systems are amazingly clean as it is.

#6 hitmanrva10

hitmanrva10

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:40 PM

dude the same happens to me...in the summer it was all good...some acne here in there no biggie....as soon as fucking winter came and i started bathing with hot water....its all gone down to hell now basically

#7 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 05:49 PM

Interesting thoughts.
I wrote a post on the main acne board I normally post on recently.
To say it is all in someones head is an interesting idea.
I wont bother to go in to specifics but for some people their obsession and stress with regards to their acne can cause certain hormones to be released and if the stress continues over a long enough time frame certain vitamins which are needed are excreted. The vitamins that are excreted are needed to help your body balance certain hormones. So technically it is possible for an acne condition to be all in someones head or for it at least to be worsened.
However I believe it to be naive to think this is the only cause.
Acne is far more wide spread than it was years ago and they didn't have all the fancy face washes and creams 50 years ago. Think about what has changed dramatically over the last 50 years. It is of course diet, stress and so on.

Acne is a very complicated subject but often breaks down to the same principles. Diet certainly isn't the key for everyone as everyones body is different but there are many people out there young or old that do not have the facilities to deal with a modern day diet and modern life due to genetics. Some families evolve to suit their surroundings better than others. It all comes down to common sense. Think about it. Food effects people in different ways. I have a friend who can't eat junk food without putting on weight. I can eat junk food day in and day out and will not put any weight on what so ever. So on this principle certain foods effect us both in a different way. It works exactly the same with acne.

#8 Exodus78

Exodus78

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 06:52 PM

I think it's all about waiting, we are all different people and acne will cease in all of us at certain times of our lives. Some only have it for a year, some for ten. Hormones, and yes, even weather can affect acne. My face is starting to break out a little more from the dry cold weather.
"We're All Afraid Of The Dark Inside Ourselves"

#9 Polka

Polka

Snow Princess

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:49 AM

snipe i think you're getting a little too detailed here, looking for at that theory of yours.

and why do poeple say acne is more widespread? than 50 years ago? some say it was more widepread then 100 years ago, but tell me who compiled the fugires, and wher eyou got your stats from and ill take notice.

chow

#10 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:34 AM

snipe i think you're getting a little too detailed here, looking for at that theory of yours.

and why do poeple say acne is more widespread? than 50 years ago? some say it was more widepread then 100 years ago, but tell me who compiled the fugires, and wher eyou got your stats from and ill take notice.

chow

I thought the post was quite lacking in detail, I left most of the detail out to keep it relatively short but still get my beliefs across.

I am not exactly sure where I got the figures from as they were obtained a year or so ago. I am not really bothered whether you take notice or not. I don't feel I have anything to prove, I have clear skin so my personal job is done. You can either take interest in what I have to say and then do your own research or just ignore it.

Regards,
Michael

#11 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, Snipes -- I agree that acne is in the mindset of many but, "Acne is far more wide spread than it was years ago and they didn't have all the fancy face washes and creams 50 years ago. Think about what has changed dramatically over the last 50 years. It is of course diet, stress and so on." is just false.

#12 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:38 PM

This is what I posted on another thread where you referred to what I had written in this thread.

Ok so rather than me providing information for you then to say I made it up or they are all quacks how about you prove me wrong.  Show me some believable evidence that acne is not more wide spread now than 50 years ago.  Make it at least two sources.  Then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion rather than your usual almost templated answers.