JM_Uy

Orange Peel (skin) texture of face from using AHA

7 posts in this topic

I don't have a phone right now so I can't take pics. so I've noticed that my 99.9% of my face (everywhere on my face) is red, itchy, and seems to have open-pores and orange-peel-like texture. I'm wondering if its from over-exfoliation since I use AHA everyday. I decided that I'm not going to use anything on my face except cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer until my skin becomes less irritated. Is it gonna help? Will the orange-peel-like texture go away in a few weeks or is permanent?

Edit: I have also been using tee tree soap as a facial wash before putting aha on my face, it stings. In contrary, If i use my neutrogena facial wash and then aha, it doesnt sting. I decided to put an antibiotic cream and moisturizer after I experienced the stinging, is that also a reason why my face is acting up?

2nd Edit: So, i found out that my pores aren't actually open, they looked raised up

Edited by JM_Uy

Don't know much about AHAs, but i have the same issue with isotretinoin. And i think its because of the dryness and irritation. So recently i started using cetaphil dam moisturizer. Its very heavy so i use it at night and i can say that it has helped somewhat, the texture, redness and the dryness have definitely improved. You can give it a try.

1 person likes this

Leaving your face alone will definitely help. If you just leave your face alone, you will see a difference in 4-5 days. Do not use AHA's everyday. 

1 person likes this

You should not allow acne to control you or your life. After having suffered from acne for 20 years I decided to share what I learnt and help others. PM me if you need more information or just support. 

3 hours ago, Ae1976 said:

Leaving your face alone will definitely help. If you just leave your face alone, you will see a difference in 4-5 days. Do not use AHA's everyday. 

You mean I won't do anything to my face? Not even washing my face with a cleanser?

Yes over exfoliating does cause skin more harm than good
No it's not permanent, it will go away if you stop using any exfoliating treatments
for future use only once a week for better results 

2 people like this

On 6/30/2017 at 2:12 PM, JM_Uy said:
On 6/30/2017 at 10:52 AM, Ae1976 said:

You mean I won't do anything to my face? Not even washing my face with a cleanser?
Sorry I just saw this. You can wash with a cleanser if you want, but other than that just leave your skin alone. Hope this helps. 

You should not allow acne to control you or your life. After having suffered from acne for 20 years I decided to share what I learnt and help others. PM me if you need more information or just support. 

Coming from a person who has experienced this orange-peel like texture for over two years, it doesn't just go away. I can tell you that. 

We have essentially damaged our skin due to being overly abrasive and using harsh products. It can happen for a number of different reasons but it doesn't just go away overnight. I'm 17 and have been trying to get rid of it for over 2 years!!! Leaving your face alone won't do it any justice because it will stay like that...the healing process is..well, non existent and takes FAR TOO LONG. Honestly I wouldn't listen to anyone who tells you to leave your face alone. You need to get a good regime and stick to it. Just make sure you're being careful as you don't want to make matters worse. Your skin is far too sensitive to be mucking around with harsh chemicals/exfoiliants. 

You sound like like you're in the early stages of this condition, as this is exactly what I experienced (and I'm sorry to say it, but it doesn't get any better). 

What I'd recommend: 
Use ingredients on your face that have been proven to shrink pore size and help with clogged pores and uneven texture. 
I would suggest the following ingredients: 
Niacinimide, a cleansing astringent toner, a low dose retinoid (be careful w/ this. Research for your specific skin type). 

I'd recommend products from The Ordinary. Inexpensive and very, very high quality ingredients. Recently came into the market with the likes of Wayne Goss raving about how amazing the skincare line is.

BUT, my skin still hasn't healed. I've used Duac for my acne (which I think caused it all), differin, tetracycline etc. None of which I'd recommend. Extremely fed up with this condition though. Hopefully some of my advice will help you. Check out the post I made about it in the forum section. You might find some advice there for you. 

Keep me updated!! Using this forum to share my journey and hopefully get rid of this once and for all. 
Good Luck