http://www.acne.org/...showtopic=36929

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:14 PM

From the pieces of that mammoth thread that I was able to read... yeah, probably placebo. Fits right into the thinking of it that I've defined time and time again.

Thanks

#3 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 11:48 PM

I read that thread also, and I am not sure what helped his acne.He was trying a number of items to help his situation, and he may have also just grown out of his acne.Most people do grow out of even though I'm not one of them.It could be placebo effect as well.I am just happy another person doesn't have acne to worry about.

#4 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:00 AM

you will notice that he was using bp and also recommended that people clear with bp first...here's the quote:
"-It is important that you must have minimized your acne to near mild or moderate when starting this regimen. Use Benzoyl Peroxide to do this"

ha ha ha! i was cleared by changing my diet..........................................................................(but i also had a topical regimen which consisted of using one of the most effective acne medications on the market)

by the way, melbourne, are you still using sulfur? but i'm sure its all of the forest/monkey life that is clearing you.

#5 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE(agentcooper @ Dec 3 2004, 09:00 AM)

by the way, melbourne, are you still using sulfur?  but i'm sure its all of the forest/monkey life that is clearing you.

View Post

OK to answer your question. Sulphur is the only medication which did not damage my skin while helping dry out pimples.

No I do not use sulphur any longer

A most significant observation is that hot temperature extremes cause acne.

I know for certain that If my car interior gets heated and I stay too long in this heated car without air-conditioning, my acne would worsen after a few days.

Yes the monkey/diet lifestyle is helping me.

Cool forest and green vegetables.

#6 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 12:19 PM

melbourne, are you saying that extremely hot temps aggravates acne for YOU? or for EVERYONE?

#7 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 December 2004 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE(agentcooper @ Dec 3 2004, 10:19 AM)
melbourne, are you saying that extremely hot temps aggravates acne for YOU?  or for EVERYONE?

View Post

Temperature changes aggravates acne for me.

I do not know about desert dwellers in Arabia or elsewhere. Some of them have clear skin.

My conclusion is that clear air movement around skin is necessary. Stuffy heated enclosures and closed compartments are not good.

This thread by squegie tells how desert air cleared him.

"but I am going to be heading out to the desert for the next 6-7 months, and that dry desert air clears my face up pretty good as well (till I'm home in humid PA for 2 weeks, then I'm back to square one). "

http://www.acne.org/...php/t27226.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users