c--thru

waiting for clear skin

6 posts in this topic

I feel as though I have been waiting for so many years to have "clear skin." Having bad skin has negatively affected me more than I can even imagine. I feel like I am still living with the effects of having severe acne in high school and college. I just feel like I am always self-conscious of my face and my skin, and people still have the nerve to comment on it "why are you so red?, what happened to your face? under a lot of stress lately?" I know what I look like, I have a mirror. I don't need these reminders of how bad my skin looks. As I have gotten older, I have tried to just own it, like yes I have bad skin, but still that is like lying to myself that I really accept that this is what i look like. I feel as though it is just a burden to have such horrible skin. It really makes me feel unmotivated to be social and really lowers my self-esteem.  Anyone relate? 

2 people like this

Yep, I 100% relate. I got really good at pretending it didn't bother me, but it still did and there isn't really anything you can do about that. 

Relate completely. But you know what I learnt, that if I keep quiet about comments, people just make more of them. I was brought up to never comment on a person's appearance. But other people obviously have not. So that meant they made comments about me, I kept quiet and I felt bad. The loser here? Me. The person who wanted to be unsocial? Me. So the next time someone told me my face was red, I looked them up and down and commented on them. No more comments as people now know I do not tolerate them 

1 person likes this

You should not allow acne to control you or your life. After having suffered from acne for 20 years I decided to share what I learnt and help others. PM me if you need more information or just support. 

I can totally relate. That's why I don't have any profile pic here. It got me hiding from everyone else, so ashamed of what I look like. I joined this because I am with people who are just like me, people  who won't judge because they exactly know what I feel.

*hugs* to you my friend.