3 replies to this topic

#1 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:39 AM

Sometimes our body responds in symmetrical ways.

If you get a pimple on one side of your face you sometimes get a similiar sized pimple on the exactly opposite side of your face.

Can science explain?

I bought a grafted thornless lemon tree. I kept on pruning and cutting the lower branches. I over did it and cut too many branches.

Suddenly the new upper branch growth appeared with thorns. Can science explain?

There are unexplained by science feedback mechanisms protecting and balancing conditions in living organisms.

Our current science has hundreds of years of research to do before we even begin to understand anything.

Only fools will believe that diet and lifestyle do not affect acne

The "proactive' sponsered company www. acne. com on their website will clearly state that medical science "knows" that diet does not affect acne. Then after that they go on to caution you to maintain a healthy diet and lifestyle to improve the acne problem. They know that there are problems with the medical research.

Here is the link -Judge for yourself

http://www.acne.com/p_diet.php

#2 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:21 PM

"Sometimes our body responds in symmetrical ways.

If you get a pimple on one side of your face you sometimes get a similiar sized pimple on the exactly opposite side of your face.

Can science explain?"

It's called coincidence; science can't explain it but math can.

"Suddenly the new upper branch growth appeared with thorns. Can science explain? "

What the hell is this plant you're talking about? If it's some kind of hybrid that is supposed to never have thorns, you should know that when damaged, plants often have a type of immune response in which the dominant plant fixes big problems. In such a case, a thorn would be expected. Yes -- science can explain this.

"Only fools will believe that diet and lifestyle do not affect acne"

No-- only fools will believe their zit came because they had a slice of pizza.

You seem to love denouncing medical science (though very little in your post has to do with anything medical) but I don't see what point you are making by Proactive is contradictory; it's a company, not a doctor's organization. The idea of diet is that a good diet can make your skin look better (glow, be more elastic...) but a bad diet won't cause acne. Do you have a problem understanding that?

You ask if science can explain acne-- can you explain quantum physics?

#3 apple49

apple49

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:56 PM

[quote=MelbourneBloke,Dec 1 2004, 07:39 AM]

Only fools will believe that diet and lifestyle do not affect acne

I do think there is a link for some people in some situations, but I have read stuff on this board that is runs so contrary to science it is akin to saying the Earth is flat.But, if someone wants the science behind a "cure", I call that being a skeptic not a fool.

#4 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 December 2004 - 04:28 PM

Agreed. I agree that some people have weird food triggers-- I also know that it's not as common as a healthophile wants you to believe.

Melbourne -- the way of the forest is wisdom; don't call people like me fools because we want to know why the trees are there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users