Photo

What Ben is trying to tell you...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#81 Ben16

Ben16

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:37 AM

Well, I am not out yet whether everything Ben says about the NO connection between diet and acne is right or not, but I am sure that even if there is, is takes a gazillion fucking years to finally see some results! And by results, I'm not only talking about one reduced or faded zit as a result of a starving food pattern but I actually mean starting clearing up completely.I'm so fuckin frustrated right now, sorry but ugh, what the hell is going on!!!!!! I'm really this close to giving up!

#82 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:09 AM

Dear oh dear. This is starting to read like the script of Dawson's Creek with all the big words.

Ben is only getting to everyone due to the placebo/nocebo effect. Certain people say Ben is annoying and we all convince ourselves of that fact. biggrin.gif

#83 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:21 AM

Exactly, if your going to use fancy english at least us it towards the damn purpose of the thread, which is what I originally posted. The threads that seems to veer off into a good direction always seem to get raped in the end of all their dignity by people fighting all the fucking time.

For god sakes, if your going to post another attack or whatever the hell you call it just stop and take it in your own thread.

Contribute to the topic or let it die(We need more violent smilies like the mexican one that stabs). mad.gif

#84 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:14 PM

[QUOTE]Ben is only getting to everyone due to the placebo/nocebo effect. Certain people say Ben is annoying and we all convince ourselves of that fact. [code=auto:0]

THAT'S SO FUNNY!!! BWAA HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA....SNORT....SNICKLE.....HEHEHEHEHEEEEEE HAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA biggrin.gif

#85 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:17 PM

Exactly, if your going to use fancy english at least us it towards the damn purpose of the thread, which is what I originally posted. The threads that seems to veer off into a good direction always seem to get raped in the end of all their dignity by people fighting all the fucking time.

Uuuuuuuummmmm....who is using big words? You guys crack me up......! Go to the ends of the earth to defend Ben, and then blast anyone else who is trying to explain WHY they have a problem with him in a concise, logical, fashion. SHEESH.

What is "fancy English"???.........

#86 Rossignol

Rossignol

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:31 PM

Everyone,

This argument seems to have been doing the rounds for months now, and people still haven't cooled off. I'm going to close this thread if the arguments continue - I don't see anyone contributing anything value towards 'diet and holistic health' here so it has no place being open in this forum, where it is merely attracting aggressive arguments.

If anyone wants to get the thread back on track, please do, but if any more argumentative comments are posted in here in the next couple of hours, I'm closing it.
Feel free to continue your arguments via PM or in the Lounge.

Thankyou.

Rossignol.

#87 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:58 PM

I got the CD in yesterday and I have listened to it today. Very interesting. It's so soothing and calm eusa_boohoo.gif , not usually the kind of music I listen to user posted image. I will try and update this as well as I will post updates on http://www.xanga.com...ser=gladiator85 and http://www.clearskin...opic.php?t=5828 .

#88 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:15 PM

"As far as "new" ideas having the burden of proof, scientific theory is newer than many of the holistic claims that you have problems with enough to assert your intellectual patronizing of others."

Scientific theory is scientific -- skepticism centers on claims that can't be substantiated ("drink olive oil, take a dump and you'll clear yourself within 10 years).

"However if you have an opposing viewpoint, resorting to a "prove it" basis of argument and then throwing in a flame along with doesn't substantiate a countervailing position."

Yes... a "prove it" basis of argument is pretty harsh. I'll just pretend every claim here is totally valid despite being false.

But back to the topic of the thread...

What exactly does the CD have on it? Just nature noise or some kind of pep talk or what? Seems interesting though I usually think you really need to have a positive attitude to believe that the tape you're listening to can help fix you up

#89 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:58 PM

Scientific theory is scientific -- skepticism centers on claims that can't be substantiated

Not true.
Scepticism/Skepticism of something means you doubt that the claims can be proved. It is of course possible that they may be proved but you don't think they can.

Not trying to start a flame or anything here but if you are going to use big fancy words to try and make people believe you are more intelligent than they are, please make sure you state the definition correctly.

Anyway back on to the subject.

blueeyedbia, I look forward to reading your comments. I recently downloaded some relaxing mp3 and it really helps calm me even compared to regular music.

#90 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 07:11 PM

Ben: there are free Mp3's on the site. Anyway it's different from subliminal but similar. I can't really describe it. Basically you have no control over what it does becuase you can't block things going into your subconscious.

#91 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 December 2004 - 09:56 PM

I think you have to have an open mind when it comes to it which will probably help. I still have to read up on it some to fully understand it. It's kinda scary when you think eusa_think.gif about it, I'm getting brainwashed