Photo

What Ben is trying to tell you...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#41 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 08:07 AM

Acually Ben, when myself, I believe either Ebby or Emma talked about some of our health problems in a thread, which were not acne, you put up this icon: eusa_boohoo.gif

That's outright mocking other people's health problems. I was mentioning my m.s. and other symptoms, as was Ebby or Emma who mentioned have terrible candida just like I did from being on antibiotics for years by dermatologists (don't recall which one it was). You have outright called me ugly, stupid, idiot, etc......I think I've been incredibly patient with you in any event because you are a 23 year old kid who thinks he knows it all. Been there, done that. You twist, lie and misrepresent many people on this forum.

I'm not your victim, BK. If I wanted to "complain" about how you mistreat me or anyone else, I would carve out a specific thread and do it. I'm merely showing my issue with you. I'll say this for the third time. My issue with you isn't that you disagree with anything I say. It's that you act like a know it all even though you never had more than a few zits that were cured with water. JC told you a long time ago to stop answering in threads where people ask questions on topics you have no first hand knowledge of, and yet you continue to do it anyway. You agreed to do it, then never did what you agreed to do. When people ask questions about liverflushing and colon cleansing, you butt into those threads even though you have no knowledge of it, only opinion. That always starts a flame war. And you are the instigater.

Deja: NEWSFLASH!: I'm not the only person to have issues with Ben's posting style. He's made a lot of enemies because of his inflammatory, immature, dogmatic posting style. I am not the only one who gets tired of his immaturity. Think about it. eusa_think.gif idea.gif biggrin.gif Here's a great page from just one thread that exemplifies what I'm talking about, just in case you don't read any of the other threads around: http://www.acne.org/...pic=35398&st=80

My last post on this topic. For now. biggrin.gif

#42 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:10 PM

1) I never called you ugly -- I simply laughed when you said 30 year old men hit on you all the time.

2) "It's that you act like a know it all even though you never had more than a few zits that were cured with water." I know -- you've told me... at least 300 times.

3) "When people ask questions about liverflushing and colon cleansing, you butt into those threads even though you have no knowledge of it, only opinion." Sorry if I don't jump on the bullshit bandwagon. I've actually gotten many PMs with people thanking me for being the skeptic in threads like that so you're out of luck.

4) Link people that don't "hate" me to as many posts as you like -- I don't call anyone an idiot unless they decide that I should be called one for having a different POV or unless they are so immature that they deserve it. A 12 year old coming on and saying, "Oh you're uigly and stupid and have acne! hahahaha" fits into that category of idiots. You backing them up says something, though...

#43 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 12:30 PM

Actually, I never said that 30 year old men hit on me "all the time". I said that most people think I look much younger than 40, and that I still have men younger than me hitting on me. I never said "all the time". And, I believe that I made that statement to someone (I think it was Rossignel) because you did make a personal swipe at my looks, and Ross said that I didn't look like an old hag in my pictures, or something like that. Please.....stop while you are ahead. You make personal attacks at will, all the time, on this forum. I can't imagine that you have a fan base here on this message board. You cannot logically refute most people's arguments, and you speak in such hyperbolic shrieking half the time, that your exaggerations just become tiresome after a while. So please.......stop trying to act like you are the arbiter of good social skills and quit attempting to justify your inflammatory and immature attitude and statements. Justifying your bad behavior by implying that other people are stupid idiots because you don't agree with them is very typical of your behavior pattern. But thanks for continuing to prove my point, AND justifying your immaturity. And one more thing, I never said people "hated" you. Again....you twist and distort at will. You even put "hate" in quotation marks. I said: I'm not the only person to have issues with Ben's posting style. He's made a lot of enemies because of his inflammatory, immature, dogmatic posting style. I am not the only one who gets tired of his immaturity.

Nowhere is the word "HATE" used in that post. You continue to prove my point, over and over and over. Not liking your posting style is not "hating" you. And back to my main point, that I've made over and over again. The FEW statements I've made in frustration pale in comparison to the immature tripe you've said to me and others on this forum. Absolutely PALE. But I'm happy that AgentCooper et al have taken up your cause. Good for you. You need all the help you can get. Oh yeah...I noticed that you backed down from my comment that you mocked me and others' health problems. What...no comment on that? wink.gif shock.gif

#44 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 01:05 PM

I think we should step back and thank the Canola people for creating the cure to cancers, chemical sensitivity, and acne.

(sings Kumbaya)

#45 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 03:07 PM

Are Canola people, people who use canola oil when they cook? eusa_think.gif eusa_doh.gif eusa_think.gif

#46 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 06:36 PM

They're the people that manufacture it; you may be more familiar with the slightly more old-fashioned, "Fine folks from Canola."

#47 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE(Denise2 @ Dec 4 2004, 06:07 AM)
Deja:  NEWSFLASH!:  I'm not the only person to have issues with Ben's posting style.  He's made a lot of enemies because of his inflammatory, immature, dogmatic posting style.  I am not the only one who gets tired of his immaturity.  Think about it. eusa_think.gif  idea.gif  biggrin.gif  Here's a great page from just one thread that exemplifies what I'm talking about, just in case you don't read any of the other threads around:  http://www.acne.org/...pic=35398&st=80

My last post on this topic.  For now. biggrin.gif

View Post

Um..NEWSFLASH! rolleyes.gif I read that entire thread.
I saw a few other people in there being MORE rude than he ever was. In fact, I wouldnt consider anything he said rude at all.

I disagree with Ben much of the time. Yet I still enjoy his posts, and have no problem with him whatsoever. There has only been one time anyone has ever been rude to me on this board, and that was when someone called me a derogatory name. I immediately PMed that person and the matter was resolved within MINUTES. Perfectly friendly after that.

I just honestly dont get the whole thing with Ben. I say just drop it and IMO you are ovvereacting a LOT. That thread you posted had nothing noteworthy in it. If that was the best example of him being horrible..well..uh sorry I still just dont agree. He can sometimes be annoying at the WORST. He is just stating his case, which is what ALL of us do. I guess you just consider anyone who disagrees with you to be immature and inflammatory.

We should listen to each other, not just argue.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

#48 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:25 PM

Um..NEWSFLASH!  I read that entire thread.
I saw a few other people in there being MORE rude than he ever was. In fact, I wouldnt consider anything he said rude at all.

Denise: I wonder why people would be rude to Ben?!? doubt.gif Think it has something to do with him calling people retarded? Challenging their reading skills? Saying they are full of s**t? Ya think?

I disagree with Ben much of the time. Yet I still enjoy his posts, and have no problem with him whatsoever. There has only been one time anyone has ever been rude to me on this board, and that was when someone called me a derogatory name. I immediately PMed that person and the matter was resolved within MINUTES. Perfectly friendly after that.

Denise: I'm glad that it was resolved, and is perfectly friendly now.

I just honestly dont get the whole thing with Ben. I say just drop it and IMO you are ovvereacting a LOT. That thread you posted had nothing noteworthy in it. If that was the best example of him being horrible..well..uh sorry I still just dont agree. He can sometimes be annoying at the WORST. He is just stating his case, which is what ALL of us do. I guess you just consider anyone who disagrees with you to be immature and inflammatory.

We should listen to each other, not just argue.

Denise: So you are saying that the times when Ben mocked mine and other peoples' health issues, the times when he called me names...stupid, ugly, .....the times when he has said the same thing to others.....that confronting him and explaining WHY I have issues with him is "overreacting"? Excuse me? Sending a hit man to his house would be "overreacting". Not tolerating internet bullies who personally attack people and flame message boards where people are in emotional pain isn't "overreacting".

Do you know what "inflammatory" means, Deja? I'm asking because from what you are saying, you just don't seem to know. I mean...you seem reasonably intelligent. But I don't understand how you can read what he says to people, and how he personally attacks people, and mocks their health issues as NOT being inflammatory, and that's being very kind. If I met you on the street and called you names or mocked you, I would be considered what? A friend? A great person who you would like to get to know?

Either you are purposely ignoring what I've pointed out, or you just don't want to understand what people think. As far as Ben stating his case, either you missed the parts where he insinuated people cannot read, are full of it, are retarded, stupid idiots, and used a pletheora of negative adjectives, I have said how many times now? What have I said, Deja? I've said *VERY SUCCINCTLY AND VERY SPECIFICALLY* that my problem with Ben isn't that he disagrees with me? Now why did you *SPECIFICALLY* use that terminology, when I have said 4 times now in this one thread alone that my problem with Ben isn't that he disagrees with me. BBB disagrees with me too. So do lots of people. Big deal. My best friend is a Ralph Nader liberal and I'm a conservative. Big deal. What are you not getting? What are you skimming over and not reading? You think it's socially acceptable to call perfect strangers names? Call them idiots because you disagree with them? All I have EVER said about Ben is that he make his case using language that's more dignified and mature, and less inflammatory. That's not asking too much. It causes problems on the board with LOTS of people. It derails threads. It's called internet trolling.

I don't know why you refuse to understand the obvious....I know you can read. I know that you can see where Ben lashes out and acts immature. I mean....you are an intelligent young lady. I don't participate in many threads on this board even. I do a few. Many don't interest me. But it would be nice to have a thread where Ben can discuss things and not use inflammatory language (NOT LANGUAGE WHERE HE IS IN DISAGREEMENT WITH WHAT SOMEONE SAYS). And I speak for a lot of people.

But again....if you refuse to comprehend the obvious, then there's not a lot else to say. I mean, if you believe that you can meet a perfect stranger with health problems and begin to mock them, then I guess that's just where you are at. Whatever.....(shrugs shoulders). But again...that's what internet trolls do.

#49 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 09:27 PM

They're the people that manufacture it; you may be more familiar with the slightly more old-fashioned, "Fine folks from Canola."

I have no idea what you are talking about. eusa_eh.gif neutral.gif

#50 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 December 2004 - 10:25 PM

No thank you for using canola(Some friends and family grow the stuff). wink.gif

Nader was cool back when he was the safety king. Now he's just a little crazy and goofy. Good for a laugh though. I won't say who on this board that reminds me of but it's pretty easy to figure out. ninja.gif

#51 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:22 AM

I don't know the history between you two, but perhaps a truce would be in order? I understand that you two don't agree with each other and have issues, but I think the direction it is going is will not resolve anything; it will probably worsen things. This thread was fascinating to me and I was learning until it dissolved into its current state.
"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."
- Abraham Lincoln

#52 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:32 AM

BTW, I ordered the tape and will report when I get it.
"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."
- Abraham Lincoln

#53 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 03:14 PM

I have no problem with Denise, I've made clear-- she's just another person that doesn't subscribe to my opinions and that's fine. But she seems to be trying a little too hard here to get people against me (that lab report of a post kinda confirms that...).

I think that's sad.

#54 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 December 2004 - 05:32 PM

I didnt see him call you an idiot. I have seen him saw things that we've said are idiotic...I suppose to me that is just a difference in opinion..different than saying YOU are an idiot. ANd as for him calling you ugly, that perhaps was before my time. Definately innapropriate and hurtful.

Who cares anyways.. if he bothers you so much just dont answer his posts. You always let him get to you! It IS just the internet..its not like this is someone you have to deal with in real life or anything, DOnt they have an "ignore" list on this message board?

Morning:

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The  lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Evening:

#55 agentcooper

agentcooper

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:35 AM

denise, i defend ben because i think it is really great that he spends time on this board trying to tell people the truth. he makes a pretty huge effort to back everything up with facts and i think it is admirable. i don't agree with everything he says (granted, i do agree with most of it) but i respect him for trying to help people. there are many, many pre teens and teens on these boards and they are a bit more likely to take everything said on this board as truth. if ben weren't here there could be some people that would try everything and really end up messing their bodies up.

#56 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 11:59 AM

Hi.
I am pretty new on this forum and what I have seen of Bens posts I find a lot of them quite harsh, whether he means them to be or not. I certainly think he could put his point across in a nicer manner which would often avoid an argument.
On another point Ben does make people question what they are really doing and without him I am sure this would be liver flush central.

I do enjoy reading bens posts. I rarely agree with what he says but some of his posts on certain threads could have developed in to some great discussions. Problem is Ben and selected others make it personal rather than excepting each others ideas and beliefs and questioning them further. If only Bens holistic frauds thread had stayed on subject rather than becoming a personal argument I think it would have been a great thread. Ah well.

#57 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 07:08 PM

denise, i defend ben because i think it is really great that he spends time on this board trying to tell people the truth. he makes a pretty huge effort to back everything up with facts and i think it is admirable. i don't agree with everything he says (granted, i do agree with most of it) but i respect him for trying to help people. there are many, many pre teens and teens on these boards and they are a bit more likely to take everything said on this board as truth. if ben weren't here there could be some people that would try everything and really end up messing their bodies up.

The "truth" about what? Don't tell me....food never ever causes skin problems for anyone ever in the history of the world? Every single person who sells herbs on the net is a hustler, liar, fraud, etc.....? That synthetic chemicals never ever cause anyone problems, ever!

And he "helps" people by.......what? Calling them names, cussing at them, insulting their intelligence, etc.....

Oh, I get it. He helps people by telling them to drink more water, because it cured his two zits?

"Really end up messing their bodies up"? By changing their diet? Adding more fiber to their diet? Doing colon cleansing or gasp......!!! Doing a liverflush?!

There you go....that shows exactly where you are at. Thanks for explaining. Now I get it. eusa_think.gif idea.gif biggrin.gif

#58 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:11 PM

Denise, my dear, you are now seeming desperate to rally the troops.

Get over it-- someone doesn't find me to be an asshole.

#59 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 December 2004 - 09:18 PM

I know exactly what agentcooper is saying and I agree. Ive even PMed Ben before to express my appreciation. Its not that you are WRONG Denise..its just..there is a broad spectrum of truth of things and its different for everyone..and sometimes some people (not saying YOU) would like everyone to believe that everyone has a gut full of worms and that if you dont do cleanses you are dirty inside and all this stuff. I think that is just plain WRONG..I have been one of those people..and Im also a recovering anorexic so I began to realize that the cleansing stuff I was doing was just another desperate facet of that eating disorder. NOW IM NOT saying anyone who does cleanses has an eating disorder, or that there is NO benefit to cleansing..I still do it every once in awhile. Im just saying..its all about BALANCE and I appreciate a wide spectrum of opinions. I value you opinion and I value Bens. I just think he balances out the spectrum well on these boards because there are more people like you than there are him.

Morning:

Evening:

#60 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 December 2004 - 03:18 AM

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone. Agent cooper is a girl? ninja.gif eusa_think.gif
shock.gif

Edit: Adding more faces for effect.

eusa_liar.gif eusa_whistle.gif cool.gif eusa_eh.gif
And another ninja will finish it off nicely

ninja.gif