Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Ben is trying to tell you...

91 posts in this topic

I don't know the history between you two, but perhaps a truce would be in order? I understand that you two don't agree with each other and have issues, but I think the direction it is going is will not resolve anything; it will probably worsen things. This thread was fascinating to me and I was learning until it dissolved into its current state.

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."

- Abraham Lincoln

BTW, I ordered the tape and will report when I get it.

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."

- Abraham Lincoln

I have no problem with Denise, I've made clear-- she's just another person that doesn't subscribe to my opinions and that's fine. But she seems to be trying a little too hard here to get people against me (that lab report of a post kinda confirms that...).

I think that's sad.

I didnt see him call you an idiot. I have seen him saw things that we've said are idiotic...I suppose to me that is just a difference in opinion..different than saying YOU are an idiot. ANd as for him calling you ugly, that perhaps was before my time. Definately innapropriate and hurtful.

Who cares anyways.. if he bothers you so much just dont answer his posts. You always let him get to you! It IS just the internet..its not like this is someone you have to deal with in real life or anything, DOnt they have an "ignore" list on this message board?

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5% (Following Dan's Regimen)

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

denise, i defend ben because i think it is really great that he spends time on this board trying to tell people the truth. he makes a pretty huge effort to back everything up with facts and i think it is admirable. i don't agree with everything he says (granted, i do agree with most of it) but i respect him for trying to help people. there are many, many pre teens and teens on these boards and they are a bit more likely to take everything said on this board as truth. if ben weren't here there could be some people that would try everything and really end up messing their bodies up.

Hi.

I am pretty new on this forum and what I have seen of Bens posts I find a lot of them quite harsh, whether he means them to be or not. I certainly think he could put his point across in a nicer manner which would often avoid an argument.

On another point Ben does make people question what they are really doing and without him I am sure this would be liver flush central.

I do enjoy reading bens posts. I rarely agree with what he says but some of his posts on certain threads could have developed in to some great discussions. Problem is Ben and selected others make it personal rather than excepting each others ideas and beliefs and questioning them further. If only Bens holistic frauds thread had stayed on subject rather than becoming a personal argument I think it would have been a great thread. Ah well.

denise, i defend ben because i think it is really great that he spends time on this board trying to tell people the truth. he makes a pretty huge effort to back everything up with facts and i think it is admirable. i don't agree with everything he says (granted, i do agree with most of it) but i respect him for trying to help people. there are many, many pre teens and teens on these boards and they are a bit more likely to take everything said on this board as truth. if ben weren't here there could be some people that would try everything and really end up messing their bodies up.

I know exactly what agentcooper is saying and I agree. Ive even PMed Ben before to express my appreciation. Its not that you are WRONG Denise..its just..there is a broad spectrum of truth of things and its different for everyone..and sometimes some people (not saying YOU) would like everyone to believe that everyone has a gut full of worms and that if you dont do cleanses you are dirty inside and all this stuff. I think that is just plain WRONG..I have been one of those people..and Im also a recovering anorexic so I began to realize that the cleansing stuff I was doing was just another desperate facet of that eating disorder. NOW IM NOT saying anyone who does cleanses has an eating disorder, or that there is NO benefit to cleansing..I still do it every once in awhile. Im just saying..its all about BALANCE and I appreciate a wide spectrum of opinions. I value you opinion and I value Bens. I just think he balances out the spectrum well on these boards because there are more people like you than there are him.

Current Skin-Care Regimen (A work in progress):

Morning:

Gentle wash with DKR cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil (The lotion alone wasn't hydrating enough)

Skin 79 Korean BB Cream (excellent stuff)

Evening:

Gentle Wash with DKR Cleanser

DKR Lotion + A squirt of Argan or Grapeseed oil

"The "truth" about what? Don't tell me....food never ever causes skin problems for anyone ever in the history of the world? Every single person who sells herbs on the net is a hustler, liar, fraud, etc.....? That synthetic chemicals never ever cause anyone problems, ever!"

you are off the deep end if you think ben has ever said any of that! i have heard him saying that if you are allergic to food it most definately cause skin problems. and as for the herb sellers...curezone is his main target...he pretty much stays away from other herb sellers. and what?!?please tell me when he has said that synthetic chemicals never cause anyone problems? i know the thread you are talking about and you were just hearing what you wanted to hear. basically putting words in his mouth.

as for me thinking that you can mess your body up doing a liver/colon cleanse...that has nothing to do with changing a diet. i most definately think that plenty of people need to change their diets...i've said that a ton of times...

hey bbb!

wink.gif

i am a girl -gasp- shocking isn't it?

ninja.gifeek.gif

Well this changes everything. I always put a face to the poster and yours had a man's face(No offence, I was just judging from your posting style). I guess I never noticed your little picture there until now.

actually, it has only been recently that i added that little picture. pretty much everyone thought i was a guy...i think because of my posting style and also because of my name (agentcooper)...it's kind of a manly name (although girls can be agents too eusa_shifty.gifninja.gif ).

you're a guy right? i've always pictured you as a guy.

you are off the deep end if you think ben has ever said any of that! i have heard him saying that if you are allergic to food it most definately cause skin problems. and as for the herb sellers...curezone is his main target...he pretty much stays away from other herb sellers. and what?!?please tell me when he has said that synthetic chemicals never cause anyone problems? i know the thread you are talking about and you were just hearing what you wanted to hear. basically putting words in his mouth.

as for me thinking that you can mess your body up doing a liver/colon cleanse...that has nothing to do with changing a diet. i most definately think that plenty of people need to change their diets...i've said that a ton of times...

you need to look at that thread again, please. he never said that chlorine was harmless...he said that the amount of chlorine found in most tap water is harmless. and it is.

i disagree with ben when he says that diet never affecs acne (except when there is an allergy). i personally think that most acne is effected, and or caused by hormones...which in turn can be effected by diet.

"As for the thread about synthetic chemicals, I didn't "hear just what I wanted to hear". Ben fought long and hard trying to show that chlorine is harmless, though the European studies showed otherwise. When someone else showed up and provided a link about chlorine having estrogenic properties, there was no further reply. Ben doesn't believe that people with acne need to change their diets. Is that where you disagree with him?"

Yeah you're definitely on crack. I fought long and hard, as ac said, trying to show that the chlorine in tapwater is harmless -- European studies are outdated and often disproved by later studies. The only countries keeping their chlorine bans just like to be liberal for the sake of being liberal. I also remember that you were posting articles about fish becoming deformed or something because the river they were in was a dump site for birth control pills and then you somehow believed that chlorine affected that?

Please -- you've said 10 times that you're just gonna "give advice" yet you still try way too hard to try to prove me to be an idiot. You're failing.

And yes, I believe that acne and diet aren't connected but I can disagree with ac without spending an hour on a thread bashing her.

<3 <3

I fought long and hard, as ac said, trying to show that the chlorine in tapwater is harmless --

Well, it looks like I missed some interesting discussions before I showed up here! smile.gif

Personally, I think that chlorine in tapwater is a fairly significant pro-oxidant, and should be avoided if possible (I use an activated-charcoal water filter for drinking, and also for mixing drugs/chemicals into topical solutions).  Of course, the ancient saying is that "The dose makes the poison".  It's difficult to say just HOW harmful chlorinated tapwater is and how much you gain by removing the chlorine, but I tend to feel that it's worth the trouble and expense.  I doubt that chlorine has any measurable effect on acne per se, but I think removing it is appropriate for other general health reasons.

Bryan

BenKweller ----> eusa_snooty.gif

Denise2 --------> eusa_wall.gif

A week now since i've checked up on the acne boards, and its entertaining to see BenKweller writing up the Diet/Holistic Health boards as often as ever. lol.gif

Denise - do yourself a favor as i have....forget about BenKweller. In fact, just ignore what he says. He brings nothing to the table...literally....unless you call doubt something to sink your teeth into.

For those in support of BenKweller (i.e. Agentcooper, HUMMMtoomanyM'sElectricHUMMMnotenoughM'sMMM,etc), i challenge you to display anything that he's posted or written thats truly informative. He's said he's a man of research....yet complains about longer than average posts like they are book reports. Oh and what has he written here to show for his research to provide for the acne boards community? One or two line posts, a paragraph at most if he has to stretch himself.

After researching his post history ( I went at least 150+ posts back and read them all they were so short), I came to realize the following about BenKweller:

- 65% of his posts are in diet/holistic health forum, with 4 or more posts daily avg.

- He doesn't believe in diet affecting acne, yet 90%+ of his posts are on diet-related threads.

- Just about all of his posts involve refuting either the original poster or their constituents, with some degree of flame laced in (either to incite a response or boost ego by downplaying other's intellects)

- He's a self-claimed skeptic.

- He doesn't cite sources, link references, etc to his claims or when he refutes other's claims. (a lot of his posts are written in a self-evident manner, yet skepticism frowns on such)

So Denise do yourself a favor as i have and just ignore BenKweller, or just !Report his posts with the flame remarks to the mods. Until he provides posts with substance, its wasted energy to take heed to his two-liners.

Oh - as for Agentcooper trying to equate you to BenKweller as far as condescending goes ...puhaha. A simple query of his old posts will easily show anyone he doesn't get attacked.....he's the attacker and if anyone tries to defend themselves, he bites back with the you-have-the-IQ-of-an-amoeba-type inflammatory posts.

dr4ma: There are many posts of Ben's that I do ignore. There are many threads that he posts in that I do not post in, but you make a good point. I guess that the only thing that bothers me is if someone is being mislead by him. I guess that I will have to leave that up to the reader. Thanks again! You are right on, and give good advice.