Photo

What Ben is trying to tell you...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
90 replies to this topic

#1 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:51 AM

OKay so I know a lot of you hate Ben because he always disagrees with everything you say but with the Placebo effect I don't think this is a cop out. You mind is very powerful and can do things that you would normally give credit to others for, EG. Diet and acne. I love this program called inntertalk. Along with binaural beats and the mind accelerator, it's changed my life rapidly and for the better. Anyway I get this newsletter by the company and it's filled with peer reviews from independant journals, doctors, and praise from users,etc..... The people who give the testimonials have their full contact info listed but for the sake of anonymity I'll only use their full names, no contact info. Here's something that promotes the placebo effect on diet:

"The first CD I purchased from you was "Clear-Skin." At the time of purchasing the CD from you I had clear skin, because I had developed a special diet afte years of research which cleared skin... I kind of bought the CD for a laugh. I didn't believe anything would destroy acne other than my "special diet" that had already proven itself to deliver the goods.

To my shock & horror, the CD is more powerful than my diet... and it turns out my diet only works if you believe it does.... can you imagine?

Put it this way, in my food philosophy there are foods that will definitely cause acne & foods that won't. This is the test that I did. I started eating all of the "acne-foods" instead of the nons, while using the CD. I did this for months. I was getting so pissed off because I couldn't get the acne no matter how much acne food I ate. I was in a state of shock.

Then, I switched the diet to non-acne food, and tried to visualize acne & that I had it, & I put the CD away. Within 2 weeks I had acne. My special "flawless" diet, consisting of ABSOLUTE PURE RAW FOOD with balanced sugar levels, alkaline/acid balance, HDL proteins only, cold pressed lignans & a special sebumproduction lowering technique also developed by me. To my absolute dismay, the seemingly most perfect diet ever created by anyone in the history of the universe, has been trumped by your bloody CD that hardly anyone even knows about... what is going on? ...

Ok well, at least I've told you your CD kicks ass. Thank Mr. Eldon for me. He's top geezer--if I could give him something of the same value as what he's given me I would--but that would be very difficult.
Alistair Martin"

I bought this CD and never used it because I grew out of acne but gave it to my sister and she hasn't had a spot since. If you are convinced somethign breaks you out and then eat it, your mind will concentrate only on getting acne and you will.

#2 HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 07:10 AM

That's some interesting stuff. But what is the actual content of this CD? I suppose it must sound good since you have to believe for it to work. And if you want to rip me a copy i'd be grateful shock.gif rolleyes.gif.

I have listened to something similar before, though unrelated to acne or skin. I couldn't help this, but as I couldn't absorb the 'message' since I didn't feel like it believed it. How is best to overcome this problem?

The other problem was that I thought maybe I would not see actual physical improvement of the ailment; rather, that by listening to the CD and 'believing' what it tells me, I am just brainwashing myself into thinking it has got better. I suppose actual scientific studies would discount this easily, but the worry is still there in my mind.

#3 SweetJade1980

SweetJade1980

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 09:01 AM

Maybe this is the CD?

http://www.hypnospot.../clear_skin.php

The skin improvement program includes the following sessions, dealing primarily with the skin on the most sensitive part of our body; our face. However, you can apply these techniques to work on any other part of your body where you have problems.

Session one: "Improve Skin Condition" - A process of helping you in improving your skin condition through renewing your mind. We will program in new thoughts and ideas that will create the ideal functioning of your skin cells and heal any damage or disease completely and perfectly.

Session two: "Facial Cleansing Habits" - Helps you to succeed at properly cleansing your face every day, by building within you a desire and motivation to do so.

Session three: "Skin Rash Relief" - Instant relief from irritations and tenderness caused by skin rash. Your skin will become stronger, healthier, and more comfortable.

Session four: "Face Lift" - Overcome the affects of aging. Lose the wrinkles and even scars or blemishes. Go back in time to capture the youthfulness of your skin and take 10 - 20 years off your face.

Session five: "Breakout Arrest" - Healing pimples. Create flawless and healthy skin. Cause your bodily processes to function perfectly and cleanse the water matter from your body that causes pimples.

Session six: "Itching Relief" - Get rid of all discomfort and the aggravation caused by itching ... Calm your skin and alleviate itching and all symptoms causing the itch from within.

Session seven: "Eliminating Warts" - You can eliminate warts from your body so that they never return again ... Let your powerful mind direct healing energy to easily fade away and ultimately eliminate unsightly warts from your skin.
http://hypnosis.hypt...om/pd_clear.cfm

Or is it this one?

New - Your skin cells replace themselves very quickly. Your diet, activity, mental attitude and possibly your intention, have all been scientifically connected to cell regeneration. "My skin is soft. My skin is elastic. My skin is clean. My skin is clear. I drink water," etc.

Sample Affirmations:
My skin is soft. My skin is elastic. My skin is clean. My skin is clear. My skin is vibrant. I care for my body. I love my body. My body responds. My mind wills this so. My mind sees healthy skin. My mind senses clear,  vibrant skin. I am vibrant. I am healthy.

Technology: Single CD InnerTalk
Format: Compact Disc CD Cassette
Recommendations: Listen any time. Listen at least (1) one hour per day.
Options: Music, Nature
CD194 - Retail price: $ 27.95

.......Whole Brain® InnerTalk® audio and video programs feature pleasant, easy-listening music or nature sounds that are specially mixed with positive background affirmations on the chosen self-help topic.

InnerTalk® audio programs are extremely easy to use. They are played in the background on any regular stereo cassette or CD player while the user is working, driving, relaxing, reading, playing sports, even sleeping or watching TV. They can also be used with a personal tape or CD player while jogging, bike riding or any other activity. No conscious thought or effort is required to produce dramatic, positive and automatic results.

InnerTalk® programs may appear to work like magic, but they're based on new scientific discoveries about how we learn and process information - and how this affects our everyday life.

InnerTalk® programs tap into our natural human ability to absorb information even when we're not thinking about it. On the surface, the programs sound like any other easy-listening music or nature programs you may have heard... but there is a powerful difference. Carefully blended in the background are dynamic affirmations such as 'I feel good,' 'I am successful,' etc., that make long-lasting, positive impressions.
https://https.coloss...&ppinc=search2#

So here's a theory, why can't hypnosis, positive affirmations, accupuncture (to varying degrees) simply rewire the WAY your body functions Period?

Whereas changing one's diet, for various reasons, simply just stops the body from responding unfavorably to those things which causes it problems? Thus in reality, for some or most people, it doesn't fix the true root cause of the problem, but rather eliminates what would help to fuel the problem.

They both work, only one, hypnosis etc, works to REWIRE your body, so that even in light of the food you eat (good or "bad") your body won't respond to it the way it used to because it's internal functionings, hormonal imbalance, and more specifically in the case of acne, the Skin's Androgen Receptor Defect, has somehow been balanced, regulated, "fixed".

I suppose if the CDs are rewiring the human body, a good example of how to test this would be to use it on someone that has been clinically tested & diagnosed as having a "valid" Allergy or Intolerance such as being allergic to Cat Hairs or Celiacs Disease and seeing if the CDs are capable of rewiring, thus healing, their systems.

Yea or nea?

#4 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 10:36 AM

innertalk.com

There are about 4 free samples online, which are the same as the full priced ones except shorter so you have to repeat. The technology was on the Discovery Channel and it would take too long to explain(Better than subliminal).

#5 HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

HUMMMMMMMElectricHUMMMM

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Dec 1 2004, 09:36 AM)
innertalk.com

There are about 4 free samples online, which are the same as the full priced ones except shorter so you have to repeat. The technology was on the Discovery Channel and it would take too long to explain(Better than subliminal).

View Post

I cannot find these free samples. I can find some on the other website that sweetjade posted, but not innertalk. If you could point me in the direction of the free samples i'd be grateful biggrin.gif?

#6 Doberwoman

Doberwoman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:46 PM

Nah -- I don't buy that. I wasn't expecting the diet to work, and I'd always been a rabid anti-diet person prior to giving it a go. By the time I tried diet, it was more of a "one more thing to cross off my list of things I've tried that don't work" -- I was astounded by how effective changing my diet was in reducing my acne.

On the other hand, I did buy and acne hypnosis tape that I'd had high hopes for, and it did nothing for me (and prior to that I'd tried all sorts of visualisation techniques). I generally believe in the power of mind over matter (when it comes to health), but my faith in this has not been rewarded as far as acne goes.

#7 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:19 PM

No, once you again you misunderstand. My problem with Ben is that he's so disrespectful and nasty. You can disagree and make your point without resorting to calling people names and inferring that they are lobotomized idiots. That's Ben's endgame....call people liars that cure their acne through liverflushing, colon cleansing, diet, etc.....like, why would I lie? Why would other people lie about their success in clearing their acne? That doesn't even make sense.

That's the beef....not the disagreement.....the rhetoric employed is the problem, and I've said so many times.

As for liverflushing, I was more interested in curing things other than acne, but was thrilled when my acne was helped also. I had higher hopes for vitamin b6 and other things, and was unsure if liverflushing would help. Not sure how the "placebo effect" worked for me. Oh well.

#8 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:30 PM

Interesting thread. I think the mind/body connection really needs to be explored a lot more. Acne is such a diverse condition-there are so many causes, however some of them may have a common root cause. It can be hard work to sift through all the information and "cures" to help your acne, which can be very frustrating. I think having an open mind to all treatments, whether it be flushing, topcials, diet, hypnosis, vitamins, etc because you never know which one may help you. Hope that made some sense and had some relevence to this thread... eusa_think.gif

#9 Wally

Wally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 01:35 PM

A general question: Do you listen to these while working or surfing the net, etc or while you are sleeping/trying to fall asleep? Do you listen to them for an hour?

#10 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:35 PM

It is an interesting theory.
My personal belief is some people cause their acne or at least aggravate it due to stress and obsession. Stress is a very powerful thing with one of the negative side effects been that it causes your body to excrete certain vitamins and minerals which it needs. This can often lead to acne and numerous other health conditions.

I really don't think you can discount the whole diet theory as something which is all in the mind. I went to a island in Fiji a couple of years ago. A proper desert island without western influence. Everything I ate was grown on the island or caught in the sea (apart from the beer I took with me) and at the end of the week the difference acne wise was quite impressive. 4 of my friends who were with me also had a visible benefit. This was something I neither expected or even would have thought of in a million years.

I am looking forward to what Ben has to say about this whole subject. I sit here with my clear skin and my sugar coated pill hoping for the continued placebo effect he speaks of with such passion.

#11 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 02:54 PM

The free MP3's are on the left hand side. Theres a list of a bunch of links to pages within the site and free Mp3 is one of them. Scroll down to the bottom and there will be about 5 or 6 for free.

This isn't like other subliminal programs for that person who though the other kind didn't help. It doesn't play silently in the background. It's on the threshhold of hearing and they mix suggestions because people react differently. Sometimes it's a male and the message is aggressive and sometimes it's a little girl and the message is encouraging, etc....

I like the sound of hte ocean so I always got the nature CD's. THe music ones are alright but for hte amount of time I listen to it, the music would get repetitive. You can listen to them anytime of hte day, including your sleep(In fact just prior to REM, your brainwaves are such that suggestion gets through to you the best).

Isn't it funny though that when we all go on vacation we get clear? COuld it be because we aren't so damn focused on the acne but on having fun and relaxing? Or maybe it's the ocean water, which clears many up. The whole point of this was that we think a certain food helps acne so much that in the end it's our mind that does it for us whenever we eat that food.

I'm not saying that food doesn't have a connection, I just think the mind plays a bigger role.

#12 Green_Vegetable_Man

Green_Vegetable_Man

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(blackbirdbeatle @ Dec 1 2004, 12:54 PM)

I'm not saying that food doesn't have a connection, I just think the mind plays a bigger role.

View Post

Stress and diet both affect acne.

I know this.

#13 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:33 PM

Stress does play a role but I'm not talking about stress(although the CD does calm you). I'm talking about something that you believe so powerfully that it happens physically to you. People can make themselves sick and they can cure themselves if they have enough control over their mind(this is extremely hard, just try to sit still for one minute with your eyes closed and don't let a single thought pass through your head, except the darkness you see).

Further this has been backed up coutless times. It's not proven that it works on acne other than a few experiements and testimonials(which is why I said I only believe this to be true), but it has been proven for dozens of ailments and for reshaping the mind. After all the person you are right now was shaped entirely by what your mind decided to reinforce. You programmed your mind to become the person that you are and you can change every bit of that.

No one knows that diet is related to acne. They believe in it but it's ignorant to say they know with absolute certainty. My post may be the answer but it may just be a coincidence, however you can't rule out that this may be a strong possibility. Our environment and internal situation is what we make of it, and if you believe so much that a certain food will break you out, than it probably will when you eat that. SInce you believe in it so stongly, there are ways to bypass this belief and change it within your subconcious so that you don't believe that anymore. After all, we only notice less than 10% of what's going on, the other 90% gets sent to the subconcious.

#14 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 03:50 PM

Oh ya in this newsletter he recommneds a book called, The Psychobiology of Gene Expression by Ernest L. Rossi. It may give an explination to do with the principle behind innertalk through gene manipulation. Go check it out at the library for free. It's kind of like how our minds can tap into the DNA and change the expression of genes. I don;t know about you but I was thinking X-Men and I wasn't too far off.

An example of this is how multiple personality people can change their eye colour from say brown to sky blue depending on the person. I imagine possible this could have application to acne but more importantly, aging and disease.

Here's alink for reviews. Again go tot he library and read it for free.
http://www.amazon.co...=books&n=507846

#15 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:19 PM

Agreed the whole holiday feeling is a big benefit for your general wellbeing and acne but for me since I had been travelling for 8 months before Fiji it certainly wasn't anything to do with that, it was purely the diet. I had more acne before I went to Fiji, a massive reduction after a week on the island and then once I went to America my acne worsened to its normal level after a few weeks.

I travelled with a group of people and all the ones with acne had big improvements and then breakouts once we got to America.

Ever since then I have been in to diet, supplementation etc with great results.

#16 blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:24 PM

your story is like the one I gave(the example).

#17 BenKweller

BenKweller

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:26 PM

"Nah -- I don't buy that. I wasn't expecting the diet to work, and I'd always been a rabid anti-diet person prior to giving it a go. By the time I tried diet, it was more of a "one more thing to cross off my list of things I've tried that don't work"

You don't need to be concious of something for a placebo to work; simple as that.

"No, once you again you misunderstand. My problem with Ben is that he's so disrespectful and nasty. You can disagree and make your point without resorting to calling people names and inferring that they are lobotomized idiots. That's Ben's endgame....call people liars that cure their acne through liverflushing, colon cleansing, diet, etc.....like, why would I lie? Why would other people lie about their success in clearing their acne? That doesn't even make sense."

People with lobotomies don't become idiots, Denise. Please. Anyway -- I call people liars because they make up bullshit science and claim they are high and mighty and can control their bodies any better than a normal person. If someone says, "I don't know how but I did a liverflush and it worked for my acne," I'd say, "Fine, congrats." But when they go on about how clogged we are and how terrible our world is, etc... I realize they deserve a good challenge in explaining themselves.

"As for liverflushing, I was more interested in curing things other than acne, but was thrilled when my acne was helped also. I had higher hopes for vitamin b6 and other things, and was unsure if liverflushing would help. Not sure how the "placebo effect" worked for me. Oh well."

One of my favorite things in your posts, Deni, is to read how amazed you were upon seeing the results. That's how the placebo effect worked for you. You kept doing flushes and kept "Seeing results" until your mind helped. Props.

#18 Snipe12

Snipe12

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:26 PM

Hard to read that Ben, can you use the quote thing as it makes it much easier.

You don't need to be conscious of something for a placebo to work; simple as that.

I don't understand that comment. A placebo to me is basically a fake substance or treatment given to someone in place of the real thing. People only get side effects or so called benefits because they psychologically convince themselves and their bodies. If you don't know about something how can you ever experience a placebo effect?

#19 Denise2

Denise2

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 05:36 PM

One of my favorite things in your posts, Deni, is to read how amazed you were upon seeing the results. That's how the placebo effect worked for you. You kept doing flushes and kept "Seeing results" until your mind helped. Props. 

Dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. Carry on. rolleyes.gif doubt.gif rolleyes.gif

#20 dejaclairevoyant

dejaclairevoyant

~clean body, beautiful life~

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 December 2004 - 06:21 PM

^If you dont want him calling you names you should not be calling what he said dumb. redface.gif
(no offense but its always back and forth with you two)

He could very well be right you know. There will almost always be SOME sort of placebo effect, even if you do not think you believe whatever it is will work. The subconcious still is holding out some sort of hope for it or you wouldn't be doint it in the first place. That can be enough to have some type of clearing effect, and then you will only believe it more. Im not saying the physical aspects of whatever you are doing dont have some sort of real effect on the skin as well..but I gurarantee it is at least partly placebo.

Anyways...I totally think the placebo effect is the most powerful treatment.
I know when I stopped worrying about my skin and just accepted myself, it pretty much got better immediately. Not exactly the placebo effect, but I think how we think about our skin mentally will effect it WAY more than unhealthy eating or a liver that needs "flushing"..and I used to be obsessed with colon cleansing and all that..I am not saying those things are neccessarily terrible on occasion (no more than anything else)..but I am more and more coming to believe that relaxing a bit and not worrying is much better treatment.

smile.gif