Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filipino

Cost of Accutane?

21 posts in this topic

umm.. i'm sorry if this question gets asked a lot, but how much would it cost in the US? I'm most likely [and finally] seeing a derm and i know i might not get prescribed right away (most likely wont) and i would like to know the cost of Accutane in case it has to come to that? I live in the US if i haven't mentioned...

thanks in advance........

if you have good insurance than you will barely pay anything, but i know for most health care is a issue, so if you don't have any, the price would range from 60-120 for a 30day supply @20mg dosage on brand roaccutane

My insurance company sucks and that is part of the reason I stopped taking Accutane. I have a $500 deductible, which was easily met but even so, I have to pay full price at the counter and wait four to six weeks for a reimbursement check. While certain generic brands are cheaper than others, Accutane costs anywhere from $200 to $500 a month. eusa_wall.gif

I just picked up my prescription yesterday... and for the generic version called Claravis it was 568 dollars for 60 40mg pills. Im on 80 mgs a day so thats a one month supply - and close to 600 bucks. I paid 3 for them - thats my copay right now. Thank GOD for insurance

"We find love not by finding the perfect person, but finding the imperfect person, perfectly."

Beauty is much more than skin deep.

i hope when you stated "3" you meant 300 and not 3 dollars, if it was 3 dollars, who are you insured by and what are the prems.

Thank you NHS! biggrin.gif it makes all those free pescriptions that much better

i hope when you stated "3" you meant 300 and not 3 dollars, if it was 3 dollars, who are you insured by and what are the prems.

99.5% Clear (skin gets 'congested' PMS week, but no actual breakouts)

---------------------------

Fragrance-Free Baby Wipes + a few drops Rimmel Makeup Remover solution

3/4 AHA Toner* & 1/4 Glycerin (cotton pad) -- good toner, moisturizer, and makeup base (use less glycerin if not under makeup)

Occasional Treatments (2-3x/week): Exfoliating bp wash* in shower, 2.5% bp lotion* at night

CoverGirl TruBlend Powder Foundation

* = Klear Action Kit (Pro-Activ knockoff)

Gluten-free diet (for non-acne reasons, but it seems to have cleared my acne)

Anybody know how much Amnesteem cost at 60mg for 30 days? I have to pick it up tomorrow without insurance....thanks, berry

"We find love not by finding the perfect person, but finding the imperfect person, perfectly."

Beauty is much more than skin deep.

Are you guys sure Accutane costs $200-600? Honestly I find that ridiculous to pay almost close to a $1000. As far as I know Accutane costs over $100 w/o insurance. Or maybe that's for the 20mg generic version. YIKES! Thank god I only have to pay half. I think my insurance covers 50% of the price.

Uhm.....so like do most insurances cover generic versions of Accutane? I hear that some insurances does not cover Accutane but the generic versions. I hope my insurances covers the generic versions or I'm screwed and will have to pay over $100 for it!

[image removed by sigbot--see board rules]

My Accutane Journal......PLEASE VISIT!! *(^_^)*

whatever the case with insurance maybe, overseas pharmacies are selling generic versions of the 20mg for under 2 a pill, so it should be affordable by most or all

also I would not recommend buying from overseas suppliers with a drug this serious, especially if you are thinking of doing so without being under the supervision of a dermatologist or doctor. they have to do the blood test to see if your triglyceride level is alarmingly high because of tane.

if you take tane without having your bloodwork monitored you're taking unnecessary risks

I pay for 60tablets at 20mg, full price with no insurance for $20US ... but i'm in Australia lol.

Anybody know how much Amnesteem cost at 60mg for 30 days? I have to pick it up tomorrow without insurance....thanks, berry

Please only PM me if it's something that cannot be talked about on the thread or is highly personal. This way, everyone benefits.

95 bucks for ever 30 x 20mg

The place where i bought my courses of accutane

www.pillsforall.com

damn insurance , why you do not cover accutane!!!

My insurance company sucks and that is part of the reason I stopped taking Accutane.  I have a $500 deductible, which was easily met but even so, I have to pay full price at the counter and wait four to six weeks for a reimbursement check.  While certain generic brands are cheaper than others, Accutane costs anywhere from $200 to $500 a month. eusa_wall.gif

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...album&album=485

"Unlike the god that is believed in, humans aren't forgiving enough to love their enemies"- Satella Harvenheit

your drugs are government subsidized

james i notice you buy from pillsforall, you should go to mastersmarketing, they sell for round 65 for 30 i think

but nonetheless, i have a friend that gets his for 115 for 100 of 20mg pills from overseas- gobal express includ.

and i don't use accutane anymore, 'm on micro .1% just to firm up my skin