Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the.ronin

i got zinc today

30 posts in this topic

50 mgs. apperantly they're veggie tablets. im not sure what this means, but i figured zinc couldnt hurt. anyone had any luck with it?

50 mgs.  apperantly they're veggie tablets. im not sure what this means, but i figured zinc couldnt hurt. anyone had any luck with it?

Take the zinc, and only the zinc. Some people here say things like you should take this with this as it depletes it and so on, but they're talking about theoretical situations. In real life you get tons of copper everytime you shower or bathe. You get more if you drink tap water.

that zinc amount seems okay. I heard 30-60mg is normal therapeutic dose (but I cannot be sure about tthese thigns). Whether or not that alone will create a difference in questionable though. If you could update that would be great.

There are ass loads of studies indicating the use of zinc in treating acne. Some compare them to antibiotics. They are out there. You just need to look for them rather than trying to ween answers out of acne.org.

"Look at the leaves of forest trees and see how dark green they are.

Think about your skin and the power of the forest."

-MelbourneBloke

Well i have and during the course of my stay here at acne.org, people seem to think highly of it. I was asking if anyone had had success with it, not if they knew of some ambigous website or article claiming that zinc was the answer to everything. I wanted true opinions, not facts that applied to studies. I was also under the impression that this was the forum to come to if i had a question about diet/health, but i guess next time i won't ask.

anyway, i dont know if it was the zinc or not, but i felt like shit today and had a nasty stomach ache for the better half of the morning. Now I feel sort of weak, but i did just take a nap, so this could all just be coincidence, but i'm not sure. Today was the first day i tried it.

Zinc has been proven as good as antibiotics, and many people here have had it clear them. Also don't take all these minerals with it. Geez, you guys complain that the pharms are out to get your money and these vitamin guys have you wrapped around their finger buying 50 things just to balance out 1. You don't need copper if you bathe.

Well i have and during the course of my stay here at acne.org, people seem to think highly of it. I was asking if anyone had had success with it, not if they knew of some ambigous website or article claiming that zinc was the answer to everything. I wanted true opinions, not facts that applied to studies. I was also under the impression that this was the forum to come to if i had a question about diet/health, but i guess next time i won't ask.

anyway, i dont know if it was the zinc or not, but i felt like shit today and had a nasty stomach ache for the better half of the morning. Now I feel sort of weak, but i did just take a nap, so this could all just be coincidence, but i'm not sure. Today was the first day i tried it.

Here:

Zinc was compared to minocycline in the journal Dermatology. 2001, Vol. 203, Iss. 2. All you had to do was goole it.

About copper, yes it does get absorbed that fast. Why do you think mercury is bad when played around with you hands? It gets absorbed throught the skin so fast that when you shower, you get more copper, chlorine, etc... than if you drink the water.

50 milligrams is a rather large dose of zinc. As an experiment, I once dissolved a 50 mg zinc gluconate tablet in a cup of green tea and drank it on an empty stomach. After a few minutes, I felt slightly nauseated. I didn't want to heave, so I quickly ate a bowl of oatmeal, after which I felt better. I now take one 10 mg zinc gluconate tabet a day, and I don't worry about mineral imbalance, because 10 mg is a low dose, and my diet includes foods rich in other minerals.

Because you don't need to. A simple test is to look at you're nipples(aerolas). If they're brown you need copper if they're not than you're fine. Again, if you bathe you get enough copper.

Because you don't need to. A simple test is to look at you're nipples(aerolas). If they're brown you need copper if they're not than you're fine. Again, if you bathe you get enough copper.

What are you taking it for anyway, Jason? Red marks?

Zinc is said to help fade red marks, specifically.

For Red Marks

user posted image

Something with licorice is faster than hydroquinone, kojic acid, etc.. this was a study made some time I think

It helped me fade red marks faster, the marks lightened up after 2 weeks and like a month it was gone.

Try a licorice blemish fading agent like,

user posted image

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...andFilter=31096

or

http://www.godivaskincare.com/shopping/cus...61&cat=7&page=2

I recommend the latter because it has higher licorice content

keywords: derma e, red marks, zinc, godiva, hyperpigmentation

post-8133-1101942651_thumb.jpg

post-8133-1101942651_thumb.jpg

huh. cool, i might look into this...thanks paul.

I'm probably in the minority, but I have to be careful around zinc. It has broken me out in the past so I generally try to stay away from it.

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."

- Abraham Lincoln

Get the Godiva licorice toner or astringent. Use cotton swabs to spot treat the marks. Use many (apply generously)! Good luck! eusa_angel.gif

It may or may not take up to 12 weeks to get results.

"Look at the leaves of forest trees and see how dark green they are.

Think about your skin and the power of the forest."

-MelbourneBloke