RealHammad

Do acne scars look worse when they are new??

9 posts in this topic

Hello!

im going to ask a simple question to the people suffered from acne and now dealing with scarring.
my age is 18.I had flawless skin 1 year ago(not even a single scar on whole body) but then i had worst breakout ever.now i controlled my acne but it left hyperpigmentation+redness+lots of scars some are deep and red
. So lets come to questions..
Do redness make scars look way worse ugly than it really is?
Does new scar look bad and ugly and will they heal to a point where they become invisible and unnoticeable?

please answer these because i spend hours in front of mirror and cry like baby.just regrets.bcz the breakout happnd bcz of using too many harsh products on my skin and sweat.
Do redness make scar look alot deeper? 
Does anyone saw improvement in thier scars after waiting 1 year?
Sorry for too many questions. But please answer me to clear my doubts.i will be gratful for every answer i will recieve. 
Thanks ☺

Thanks . It is effecting me alot. But im noticing these days that that is redness and hyperpigmentation that is making my few deep and shallow scars look worse and ugly.i will post before and after pics after 1 year. And 1 more thing is the scars effecting me is the reason .im very handsome and pretty light and good skin.i had flawless skin before breakout occured.so thats why its disturbing me so much .and im mirror addict too.not just these days.So lets see the scar turn into skin colour then i will have no problem
.so i should wait now
Thnx for response.waiting to hear more from u guys.

Scars do look bad when they are new. But they get lighter over time and fade away. You are very young and your skin will heal faster.

Do redness make scars look way worse ugly than it really is?
Yes it does. 

Does new scar look bad and ugly and will they heal to a point where they become invisible and unnoticeable?
The scar will get less red over time and less noticeable, but I am not sure about invisible.

Do redness make scar look alot deeper? 
Not sure about this.

Does anyone saw improvement in thier scars after waiting 1 year?
I see improvements in scars after even 2-3 months.

In the meantime you can take care of yourself and eat well so that your skin heals better. Do not use harsh products on your face. Eat a good diet and lot of vitamin C rich fruits. Drink a lot of water. Using a honey mask will help your scars heal faster.

Lastly stop spending too much time in front of the mirror and go out and enjoy yourself. :-)

1 person likes this

You should not allow acne to control you or your life. After having suffered from acne for 20 years I decided to share what I learnt and help others. PM me if you need more information or just support. 

@Ae1976 thank you so much for your precious advices.
And yes i care so much about my looks and that makes me look so much in mirror.and when i think about my flawless skin that was 8 months ago this makes me more sad .i will try to follow your advices and thank you so much for your precious time.

Hello! i also have some hyperpigmentation/slight scarring. I have had this for a while, and it DOES get better. My scarring is going down (its not as visible). I go to the dermatologist and have a morning/night topical cream I put on my skin, it helps lots. Also, I wear makeup (It helps a lot with self confidence- the brand Dermablend is amazing for scarring and redness and acne prone skin in general) :) It will get better just give it time! 

1 person likes this

@arianarx
Thanks for sharing your experience. So you are saying that scars(not hyperpigmentation) are becoming less visible day by day or your hyperpigmentation is becoming less visible day by day?

Edited by RealHammad

@RealHammad 
Yes, my scarring is becoming less visible. It used to bother me a lot to the point I wouldn't want to stand out or even wear my hair up (because I wanted to cover it with my hair). Now, it is fading. 

@arianarx
Yes Im also noticing improvement. :) HOPE THEY FADE INTO SKIN COLOUR IN NEXT 6 MONTHS, BCZ MY GIRLFRIEND IS COMING BACK FROM INDIA and i dont want to disappoint her. Because she use to say that '' You are perfect Hammad'' lol.